Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I found and tagged the Instagram account that appears to be "TopRecon" to Motortrends photo, I never got a reply from him but thats fine. I also tagged him on my bronco Instagram account when I posted the render for my followers to see.
Sponsored

76Gailus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco/Tesla
Updated rendering as of January 6, 2020:

Alright, last ones, I realized the Orange Creamsicle color scheme was too good to pass up, so here's an unnaturally clean one in the middle of a snow field. The second one is a Raptor variant based on the Bronco R, though I think Ford might have to name it something else lest people start calling it the Braptor. Just doesn't sound right.

Braptor_2020.png
Bronco_Update.png

Updated rendering as of January 5, 2020:

Alright, been leaving a few projects on the backburner to finish this up so I spent today polishing my model, this should be the last round of renders, but being a configurable vehicle, I tried to think of every combination of Bronco for some good variety. Enjoy!

Bronco 1.png
Bronco 2.png
Bronco 3.png
Bronco 4.png
Bronco 5.png
Bronco 6.png
Bronco 7.png

Updated rendering as of Dec 29, 2019:

bronco_update_v5_2019-dec-29_07-58-48am-000_customizedview55409501-png.png

Updated rendering as of Nov 13, 2019
:

Here's a quick update, I fixed the mirrors so they come off the A-Pillar in a way that sort of fills in the notch along the top of the fender in the same way the Bronco R seems to, I think it flows much better, I also added a liner that acts as a divider between the fascia and the grille opening, it fills in some of the negative space around the headlights, makes them look better in my opinion, even though this is something not featured distinctly on the Bronco R. Since it seems to be of interest I'll try and do a mockup using Raptor-esque C headlamps, though for the record I don't think that's what Ford will be using, need to finish up work on the rear bumper and taillights first though. Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Bronco_Update_v2_2019-Nov-13_08-43-13PM-000_CustomizedView15620142405.png

First rendering version:

I've been analyzing the Bronco R for the past week and using it to make an updated production-spec Bronco model based on it's design cues. Finally got the front three quarters done, so here's something presentable for the sake of beating Road & Track's photoshoppers to market, still need to model a version with doors and roof removed, if any insiders want to let me know the details on that for authenticity's sake, that'd be pretty cool. More to come later.

Bronco Updated Render.png
I love your newest renders and if the new Bronco doesn’t look like this I’ll be really disappointed! Especially the image in green with accessories. Excellent work!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How much confirmation do you have there will be no bolt on flare/wheelewell "extension"?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much confirmation do you have there will be no bolt on flare/wheelewell "extension"?
Unless the fenders are meant to be super easy to swap, it seems highly probable that Bronco will follow with other Ford models and have some kind of edge flare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's one more, as much of a test as it is a render. With the reveal of the new mule I'll admit I've been anxious about the Bronco's size, for me to consider buying it, it'd have to pass the 'couch test', that is that it could potentially drive a couch across town, being the single largest piece of furniture most people own that can't be disassembled. So I modeled up a proportionally accurate three cushion and it looks like with the tailgate down, God willing it has one, you'll have no problem fitting just about anything in the back if the rear seats are removable. This is good news for me because a two door Bronco may well be the largest vehicle I own in a few years and I don't fancy having to rent a U-Haul or beg a pickup owning friend at the behest of moving a single possession. It's all still theoretical, but it puts my mind at ease.

Couch_Bronco_2020-Jan-20_08-16-04AM-000_CustomizedView19703901840.png

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the spare being attached to it, the tailgate is more likely to swing to the side unfortunately.

OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the spare being attached to it, the tailgate is more likely to swing to the side unfortunately.
I haven't seen any evidence in development of one over the other, but every single Bronco in the past has had a tailgate. Hope it's not a swinggate, it'd be much worse for hauling. Worst case scenario I'm sure someone will make a kit for it just like the Wrangler, just might require waiting even longer.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can you photoshop a solid axle in one of em, so we can at least dream? :crackup:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless the fenders are meant to be super easy to swap, it seems highly probable that Bronco will follow with other Ford models and have some kind of edge flare.
Would be better than nothing I guess, but doesn't meet a Wrangler in that respect then, let alone beat it.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't seen any evidence in development of one over the other, but every single Bronco in the past has had a tailgate. Hope it's not a swinggate, it'd be much worse for hauling.
^^this. We have no evidence for whether it will be a swing gate or a tailgate. All we can do is hope for the best

really, I see absolutely no point in a swing gate. It provides no additional function and just makes it harder to open in certain areas. I really hope it doesn’t have a swing gate

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

^^this. We have no evidence for whether it will be a swing gate or a tailgate. All we can do is hope for the best

really, I see absolutely no point in a swing gate. It provides no additional function and just makes it harder to open in certain areas. I really hope it doesn’t have a swing gate
Has Ford ever built a vehicle with a swing gate? I can't think of one, but doesn't mean they haven't.
I agree though, tailgate is the only way to go here! Unless Ford really just wants a Jeep clone... I sure as hell DON'T!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has Ford ever built a vehicle with a swing gate? I can't think of one, but doesn't mean they haven't.
I agree though, tailgate is the only way to go here! Unless Ford really just wants a Jeep clone... I sure as hell DON'T!
Ecosport has a swing gate.

Ford Bronco [Unofficial] Production Bronco Renders based on Bronco R 2018-Ford-EcoSport-exterior-live-at-2016-LA-Auto-Show-018

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ecosport has a swing gate.

Ford Bronco [Unofficial] Production Bronco Renders based on Bronco R 2018-Ford-EcoSport-exterior-live-at-2016-LA-Auto-Show-018
Hmm... fancy that... though I'd say that's more of a door being that big. What a crappy design that turned out to be.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean, the excursion had dual swinging doors, and like Frinesi2 mentioned, the Ecosport... but I consider both of those to be more doors than gates
Sponsored