First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like everyone hates the look of the MIC roof. I really don’t mind it. I think it looks rugged and should be pretty durable. Since the color is throughout, any scratches or dings wouldn’t be obvious. Also, that material should be relatively lightweight and easy to move on and off with one person. I don’t love the look of the dark gray which isn’t the same color as the black accents and could clash if you go with the black or gray body color. But I’m planning on getting cyber orange and overall I like the look. Am I the only one?
Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems like everyone hates the look of the MIC roof. I really don’t mind it. I think it looks rugged and should be pretty durable. Since the color is throughout, any scratches or dings wouldn’t be obvious. Also, that material should be relatively lightweight and easy to move on and off with one person. I don’t love the look of the dark gray which isn’t the same color as the black accents and could clash if you go with the black or gray body color. But I’m planning on getting cyber orange and overall I like the look. Am I the only one?
Probably going race red or cactus grey and I think MIC looks good with both.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am good with it for the white Bronco I am getting. I just wish I could get some sound proofing when sasquatching.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it. The less painted stuff I have to worry about out exploring, the better. I really, really want to have this thing out in everything.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also good with it. I too would be worried about screwing up a painted top taking it on and off. Also worried when placing anything on the roof rack.

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you, I think us that plan to be open air or off-roading/mudding/climbing alot love the MIC concept. Also its just different, and I'm fine with not being like every one else. That's just me.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it looks great and I love the durability factor. The overlanding rig with the MIC top and window inserts looks especially badass. Purposful and rugged, just like the rest of the Bronco. I wouldn't want the painted top even if it was the same price.

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t mind it at all.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks terrible because it doesn't match the other plastics. I love the idea of MIC but it should be black

Someone at Ford outsmarted themselves and thought it was a good idea. It has ruined a perfect vehicle and I'm now considering a soft top until the painted ones come out.

However, Ford is even making that difficult because we don't have concrete documentation saying that the required electronics to add a hardtop later will be there.

So, I'm probably stuck with the grey MIC. It looks tolerable on a few colors, but I hate picking my color based on a removable roof.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually love it, I’m going white too and think it looks great and don’t have to worry about paint etc... I am getting the sound deadening and hope it helps wit regulating temperature too...I live in South Florida.
Sponsored