Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford screwed up by releasing images and mock ups with options they weren't able to provide. Roofs and interiors specifically. I reserved my BL on July 14th and I have no idea now which top was depicted. If they would have had the B&P up and running at time of reservation I still would have reserved one. How many of you would have been fine with the MIC top if you didn't know what other tops looked like or even knew they might be available? If the B&P interiors were all that you knew would you have ordered?
It is supposed to be white. And agreed releasing images of a concept white roof, then not offering it makes it worse. But, they have really screwed it up and the gray MIC will always be a compromise.

I wish the two door had a soft top option.
Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also never had an issue with the MIC top . I do kinda feel sorry for people who do, since no other top is available until later.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the dark gray, white doesn't work for me. Especially painted. MIC won't scratch when it gets bumped and falls over in the garage.

For the low end packages I have played with it seems to work well with the dark fender flares and wheels, makes for a nice looking package.

To me white looks weird, maybe the Ford Flex ruined it for me but it doesn't look right. White door handles and hood hooks don't improve the looks of it any either.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like everyone hates the look of the MIC roof. I really don’t mind it. I think it looks rugged and should be pretty durable. Since the color is throughout, any scratches or dings wouldn’t be obvious. Also, that material should be relatively lightweight and easy to move on and off with one person. I don’t love the look of the dark gray which isn’t the same color as the black accents and could clash if you go with the black or gray body color. But I’m planning on getting cyber orange and overall I like the look. Am I the only one?
I made a thread while ago stating the same thing, I actually like the new MIC top, it’s a new style compared to the black. I like new and unique style since no one has a grey mic top

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the dark gray, white doesn't work for me. Especially painted. MIC won't scratch when it gets bumped and falls over in the garage.

For the low end packages I have played with it seems to work well with the dark fender flares and wheels, makes for a nice looking package.

To me white looks weird, maybe the Ford Flex ruined it for me but it doesn't look right. White door handles and hood hooks don't improve the looks of it any either.
That’s true, white top reminds me of a Mini Cooper but idk , a white top on a classic bronco is perfect but on the new one idk!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m good with it as well. Would be a bummer to scratch a painted top moving it all the time.

though painted would look Cool.
I’ll take the function of MIC
How many times do people think they’ll be removing & reinstalling the hard top? Not talking about roof panels themselves but the main rear shell.

As a jeep owner, many owners remove the hard top for summer and reinstall for winter or vice versa for states like FL, AZ & TX.

you back into your garage, drop the cables or ropes down from the hoist and lift it off and up, reinstall it 5 months later.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also never had an issue with the MIC top . I do kinda feel sorry for people who do, since no other top is available until later.
Pretty sure majority of people’s issues with the MIC top is because it doesnt match the flares, handles, B pillars (all items in close proximity to the hardtop.) Imagine getting a cactus gray bronco, you’ll have 5-6 shades of gray between the color, mic top, grill, door panels, wheels & dash plus the black of the flares, handles, mirrors, door panels, seats, tires, bumpers & dash.

Chuckster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like everyone hates the look of the MIC roof. I really don’t mind it. I think it looks rugged and should be pretty durable. Since the color is throughout, any scratches or dings wouldn’t be obvious. Also, that material should be relatively lightweight and easy to move on and off with one person. I don’t love the look of the dark gray which isn’t the same color as the black accents and could clash if you go with the black or gray body color. But I’m planning on getting cyber orange and overall I like the look. Am I the only one?
I'm with you, don't mind it on certain colors and will certainly be more durable and light weight, both important if you plan to use it off road. I'm leaning Area51 or Cactus Gray and don't mind it on either color. That said, I do like the white tops on several colors, so if I had the choice i'd prob go white top, then MIC.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What color is this top? Is this what we’re getting? If so I’m all good cuz this pic looks badass!

Also, is this a Badlands? It looks like it but the all black wheels are throwing my off. I thought the trim rings were silver on the BL. Also, that bumper looks different than the steel bumper in build & price.
Ford Bronco Unpopular Opinion: I don’t mind the MIC Top BE708573-A86C-4A8C-990E-E2C4EA18DBC6

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't necessarily hate it, but I definitely prefer the look of the painted top. It will hold me over until I can order a painted white top, down the line. Maybe I'll like it more, when I see it in person.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am good with it for the white Bronco I am getting. I just wish I could get some sound proofing when sasquatching.
Or with the 2.7.
I don’t care what the reason is, not allowing sound deadening or roof rack on 4 door badlands with 2.7l is beyond frustrating.

but I love the look of MIC on certain colors (Area 51, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red).
Aftermarket to the rescue, and should be more affordable than a factory option, judging by what they charge for Jeeps...

https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/2021-ford-bronco-headliners

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dig the MIC on the Badlands because it matches the grill and even the beauty ring on the optional wheels. In several years I may go retro and paint it and the grill white - and even the inside top roll bars. Would also add white dog dish steelies. But that’s down the road. For now I’m gonna love how Carbonized Gray compliments my exterior color (Antimatter Blue). To each his own ;)

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many times do people think they’ll be removing & reinstalling the hard top? Not talking about roof panels themselves but the main rear shell.

As a jeep owner, many owners remove the hard top for summer and reinstall for winter or vice versa for states like FL, AZ & TX.

you back into your garage, drop the cables or ropes down from the hoist and lift it off and up, reinstall it 5 months later.
This will be me FOR SURE. This is why I am so stoked about the MGV seats and floors in the BL/BD. So I don't have any worries of random storms/showers while I am at work.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What color is this top? Is this what we’re getting? If so I’m all good cuz this pic looks badass!

Also, is this a Badlands? It looks like it but the all black wheels are throwing my off. I thought the trim rings were silver on the BL. Also, that bumper looks different than the steel bumper in build & price.
Ford Bronco Unpopular Opinion: I don’t mind the MIC Top Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.20.12 AM
This is a CGI image of a Badlands with optional parts. That's supposed to be a representation of the MIC (flat color, vs gloss black) but again, it's CGI so take all the coloring with a grain of salt.
Sponsored