Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Create a poll, probably easier to keep track of.
Sponsored

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day 2, 4D BL, SAS, High, Tow. Nothing yet. Dealer thinks it’ll be sooner rather than later, but this just seems like a lottery at this point so who knows

r1kid99

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Day 2 Reservation, 07/14/2020

6:48AM EDT

Black Diamond, 4DR, 2.7L, SAS, Towing, MIC, Carbonized Gray

@fordmotorcompany

Last edited:

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 2 Reservation. 4dr Badlands 2.7, MIC, Tow, High Cactus. Still nothing. Completely in the dark for 16 Months (so far) except for a few lies along the way. Nobody cares. If you don't like it then cancel.. right. I wonder when MY 2023 order banks open? It's probably not far fetched now that they are building in reverse order.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 2, 4D BL, SAS, High, Tow. Nothing yet. Dealer thinks it’ll be sooner rather than later, but this just seems like a lottery at this point so who knows
same thing -tow 4am 7/14 and nothing yet.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reality is, Ford played us like suckers. It is akin to handing a stranger $100 in 2020 to square off and kick me in the balls. The difference would be my balls would have stopped hurting a long time ago.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading through several threads I think it may be the tow package that is getting skipped over. Seems to be the common denominator.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling at some point in the future, someone will connect the dots and figure out that the Day1 and Day2 folks who never got production dates, was a result of how the dealer placed the order or something to that effect. The number of folks who got 2D production dates today that never had a reservation at all, and folks who reserved this last spring and summer is sickening and pretty hard to accept. I've always held on to the theory that builds were pulled, based on priority, then constraints, then allocation. All the priority builds were done during the summer imo, then the allocations replaced constraints in importance.......now after today's events, I'm thinking there's something more to it that we don't know about. No conspiracy or anything like that, but there's something up with the first two days of reservations that are allowing them to be overlooked imo.
I tend to believe that this type of scenario is likely. At first my order on the Ford website didn't match my order. Then, after ordering for MY22 I just kept pushing the new guy in charge of my order (my third so far) to double check until it was right. Less than a month later I have a production date.

I don't even think this is an issue of Ford not properly training dealers, but more a result of the state of the auto industry right now. Many dealers have very little inventory, and this has caused turnover of staff to likely skyrocket (and this is an industry with very high turnover). With instability at the local level, a new system of ordering, and many issues with the production, it would seem like a perfect storm for orders to not be put in properly or lost in the shuffle.
No, allocations come first. 2022 Allocations also do not take into account the number of reservation holders at a dealer. Ford has completely cut reservations out of the decision of where to send Bronco's. A reservation only matters inside each separate dealer as to timestamp.

High allocation dealers will go through their reservations relatively quickly, then walk ins, then dealer stock, all while other reservationists wait.

This is the tip of the iceberg; Dealers will be getting STOCK Wildraks long before half the reservations are fulfilled and because Ford is not letting people transfer, they are stuck unless giving up the reservation and price protection to re-order and going to the back of a new dealer's line. There will be an unending line of stories where walk in orders get high end and constrained builds long before the people who reserved, just depends on their dealer's allocations.

RenoBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, allocations come first. 2022 Allocations also do not take into account the number of reservation holders at a dealer. Ford has completely cut reservations out of the decision of where to send Bronco's. A reservation only matters inside each separate dealer as to timestamp.

High allocation dealers will go through their reservations relatively quickly, then walk ins, then dealer stock, all while other reservationists wait.

This is the tip of the iceberg; Dealers will be getting STOCK Wildraks long before half the reservations are fulfilled and because Ford is not letting people transfer, they are stuck unless giving up the reservation and price protection to re-order and going to the back of a new dealer's line. There will be an unending line of stories where walk in orders get high end and constrained builds long before the people who reserved, just depends on their dealer's allocations.
That is the most clear and concise explanation of what is likely happening that I have heard.

Anyone thought about walking in on a high allocation dealer to order one to see if it comes faster?

A51Mule

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD
4 door
2.7L
Hard top
Area 51
Mid package
Sasquatch
Tow

Reservation on 7/14. Almost let it go unused but ordered on 9/22/21. I was surprised AF to get 11/29 build date. even more surprised after reading some of the stories on here.
Still on the 11/29 build date so far.
Very small dealer.

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading through several threads I think it may be the tow package that is getting skipped over. Seems to be the common denominator.
May not be far off. I actually just asked to have it removed from my build this AM. Also removed the engine block heater just in case, a heating pad on the oil pan works just as good if not better anyway (can throw one on the tranny too)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as first night reservation at a dealer who filled practically no 21' builds, do I stick it out and wait? Transfer to a larger dealer? Or walk into a larger dealer and order? 2D Badlands with Sasq seem to be least built from what I tell.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2:30AM 7/14 res
2D, BD, 2.7, SAS, MID, TOW, A51 +MOD
Smaller dealer
‘22 reorder 10/15
Nothing but an order confirmation so far

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as first night reservation at a dealer who filled practically no 21' builds, do I stick it out and wait? Transfer to a larger dealer? Or walk into a larger dealer and order? 2D Badlands with Sasq seem to be least built from what I tell.
It is all guesswork, no way to know. It is sort of moot, from the other threads, looks like Ford is not approving transfers on anything resembling a reasonable scale. It seems for almost all, you have to give up time-stamp and get at the back of the line at a new dealer.
Sponsored