First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the Tacomas from yesteryear- 80's, 90's and early 2000. They were work horses, plenty zippy and fun to drive for a small truck. I had a few of them and used them to haul materials to finish off houses, build garages, home projects and tow my boat in my younger years. At 6' 1" and long 34" legs I fit in them too. Some time in 2000 they went mid size- too big, too heavy, not enough power and I no longer fit. By the time I got the seat back where I was comfortable, I had to stretch my arms way out to reach the steering wheel- even with the wheel telescoped out the maximum. My last one was a 2003 I think. I revisited the Tacoma in 2019- with gas prices at rock bottom I wanted a truck so I test drove a loaded TRD. I liked it well enough but still did not fit. Just not enough telescoping steering to get comfortable with my long legs. Other than that sure, it was a pretty nice truck.

The new design.......I wonder did it address the lack of amount of telescoping steering to accommodate drivers with long legs? And the headlights and that vent thing under them- someone posted they look like they are crying........yes I see that too and don't like it. So, the new design overall does not do anything for me.
Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know Subaru and Toyota have worked together on other projects but apparently Subi is designing Toyota’s trucks now.

Ford Bronco Upcoming 2024 Tacoma fully revealed in design images 📸 1674650354147

I thought we had reached plastic body cladding overload but…

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure why all the hate. I think this thing looks great. Will definitely be a hit.

Will be interesting to see how these engines fare.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I were in the mid size truck market, the redesign of the Nissan Frontier was more impressive. Cheaper and roomier to boot. The real question is, will they take two plus years to deliver orders?
If you are in that market, the 2023 Colorado's look pretty sweet with some nice trim level options. They can get pricey too just like the Bronco based on how you build one out.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks just as boring and bland as previous generations. If I were midsized truck shopping I would be looking at Colorado ZR2, Ranger Raptor and Nissan Frontier Pro-4X in that order.

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the section is titled "Bronco vs the Competition"...how are we supposed to discuss the competition without discussing the competition exactly?
True, But is the tacoma competition for the bronco. Truck Vs SUV. I guess they are both 4X4 :ROFLMAO:

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel bad for all those people who were waiting for a 24 Tacoma. Sorry Toyota let folk down.

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well.......looks like Team "All New Tundra" was busy with this too!!! We also basically know what the new 4Runner is going to look like! Hmmm...... Seems like a continued evolution then revolution....... MAYBE......they can put a "Since 2005" on the sides of the bed, right below TRD Off-Road logo?! :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure it will be a goof truck, probably sell like crazy but geez......I dunno, seems underwhelming to me. 😑

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't hate it. Didn't quite do as well as Nissan in the refreshment department, but looking at the new Tundra there couldn't be too many surprises as to what was coming. Much more interested to hear about powertrains, specifically what will be shared with the upcoming 4runner refresh.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Delete the crying headlights and I think it looks good. And yeah plenty of people cross shop Bronco and Taco. Neither are enormous, both will haul you and some gear off road to differing degrees. Pros and cons with both.