Brumby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Beaty is skin deep. I'd like to know if they're going to add AWD.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Taco's are BEASTS. Tough as nails and I love them... that said, this doesn't look like much of a change. I want to know about the guts.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well at least it's not as ugly as the Tundra.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonder if toyota fixed the horrible driver seating position. I must have test drove a dozen over a year trying to convince myself I could make it work. Steering wheel all the way tilted up sat on my thighs with the seat all the way down. I would love to buy one but until they make the cab for anyone over 5'11" forget it.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I gave up waiting on the Bronco last year and bought a Tacoma instead. It's been a good truck and I like it. I'm not so sure about this new design. Maybe it will grow on me, and if not then when I'm ready to buy again maybe I can get a Bronco. Hopefully the $10K additional ADM games will have stopped by then.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it doesn't look too bad, the biggest question would be if they've fixed or even just improved the seating position. I was deciding between a Bronco and a Tacoma (4x4 and a manual trans were my must-haves) and ultimately the seating position of the Taco was terrible for me.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure why all the hate. I think this thing looks great. Will definitely be a hit.

Will be interesting to see how these engines fare.
Agreed. The TRD/ TRD Pro versions with bigger tires and a slight lift will change the proportions of the truck. Definitely on my alternative when-ford-screws-me-out-of-my-bronco list.

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for sharing! I loved my 2008 Tacoma. Would be nice if they fit larger tires easier. I had a long travel kit, new fenders and re-geared for 35s.

156674013_4358442774185535_2753518518279038934_n.jpg

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wonder if toyota fixed the horrible driver seating position. I must have test drove a dozen over a year trying to convince myself I could make it work. Steering wheel all the way tilted up sat on my thighs with the seat all the way down. I would love to buy one but until they make the cab for anyone over 5'11" forget it.
My Silverados have all been guilty of the same, and I'm only 5 10. You're either too far from the pedals or your knee is against the dash/column.

The Tundra was in a bad position. The old platform hung around way too long and they tried too hard with the updated design. Then omitting basic features like remote start (mobile app only, no keyfob) made it feel like an even worse deal.

At least they finally, FINALLY, developed new power mirrors switches, not these ones they've been using since the mid 90s. They didn't even bother to add backlighting when every switch surrounding it was backlit. Owners would buy aftermarket or hack a mini lamp by the switch.

image_search_1675173047943.jpg

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

#notalandcruiser. Toyota pickups may occupy some of the same space out on the trail, but Broncos, Jeeps, and Land Cruisers occupy a completely different place in our hearts and minds.
So you're saying you will be in the market for the new, smaller, Land Cruiser when Toyota introduces it in 2024?

Saw this over on the Tacoma forum:
Dr. Carmaker1:
As for the iconic Land Cruiser, the U.S. model will reportedly be sold only with five seats as a “serious off-roader” without an emphasis on luxury. It will be offered at a significantly lower price.

Anyway, the new Land Cruiser is coming for certain. I mentioned this vehicle a few times in some spaces over the last 3 years, but when I started sounding like the lone voice on it, I went silent. Mostly because of the possibility that the new 2024 GX had absorbed it instead. Despite that, I did list it in 2021 as a 2024.5 model on some other forums, because I was quietly reminded that it was on deck for 2024 and not anymore new info different from 2019. On the off-chance it was pushed back, it was going to be for MY 2025, so I said 2024.5 just to be safe.

Color me shocked that Toyota's dealer body didn't leak it back in 2019, but finally did in 2022 upon being shown it physically. This vehicle will not replace the 4Runner, which arrives in 20.5 months as a 2025 model. The next GX is due in December 2023, as I mentioned back in 2021. The Land Cruiser is due next December or in early 2024, in parallel to the new Tacoma, which I am now seeing a November 1, 2023 Job 1 date for.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
#notalandcruiser. Toyota pickups may occupy some of the same space out on the trail, but Broncos, Jeeps, and Land Cruisers occupy a completely different place in our hearts and minds.
x2........ just like the old Land Cruiser FJ trucks and the Bronco half-cab.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you're saying you will be in the market for the new, smaller, Land Cruiser when Toyota introduces it in 2024?

Saw this over on the Tacoma forum:
Oh, no not at all. I’m Team Bronco. I just like THAT there are others in this retro inspired off road market. I liked Toyota’s last attempt at this, but it wasn’t a Bronco (even then, I wished Ford had an answer). Blazer’s failure just made me sad. Electric Scout? Blasphemy. What’s Wong with Jeep’s? Really nothing, except they aren’t Broncos. I’m fifty now and really like a mix of nostalgia with my modern engineering. We all have a brand preference, and I suspect there are Landcruiser people that look at Broncos the same way as I did Toyota’s last offering.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
x2........ just like the old Land Cruiser FJ trucks and the Bronco half-cab.
Totally agree, but could you imagine ford trying to insert a Bronco Half Cab / pickup into the production Charlie Foxtrot that comprises the modern world. Whole new group of buyers that want what they can’t have. Ugh!
Sponsored