First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm, not my cup of tea. What is with the big overhang on the front, and the deep groove down the side doors, no thanks.
Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Resale value is there, history of reliability, some years more than others. Wife won't ditch the Sequoia no matter how bad it guzzles gas. Some of the aftermarket guys are talking about the hybrid version coming possibly this fall or a release date.
If you really try to hybermill the Maverick will return 60mpg on the byways

PXL_20230110_191651711.jpg

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
The headlight/vent thing reminds me of Progressive's Name Your Price tool.

Ford Bronco Upcoming 2024 Tacoma fully revealed in design images 📸 1674611600897

Maybe Flo will give a Taco discount...

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks the same to me.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the current Tacoma. Which I think is nice. But doesn't look much different.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a resounding "Meh" from me.

Don't get the air intakes (which I'm sure are just closed off plastic pieces) under the headlights. But it looks like a Tacoma so I'm sure Tacoma people will love it.
As someone who was initially cross-shopping a Tacoma before I picked up my Bronco, it's quite Meh.

Would love to pick up a current-gen Access Cab Long Bed with the manual transmission as a second rig though. Can't stand Toyota's automatic transmission programming.
Tacoma is cool, I came close to getting one while waiting for my Bronco. Glad I didn't though, even with the Bronco issues I have no regrets. The Taco is just a pickup like all the others, and can't match the character of the Bronco. After almost one year I still look forward to getting in the Bronco and pushing the button every morning.
Replying to all 3 comments here since I fit into all of them lol.

I ordered the current gen Tacoma because I wanted an adventure vehicle sooner than Ford could deliver.
1. As a current Tacoma owner, it's still "meh" for me. I like my 3rd gen better.
2. I cross-shopped the taco since I knew I would be waiting awhile for the bronco. I got the manual transmission and have absolutely no regrets. Fun little truck. Gas mileage is surprisedly terrible and engine power/acceleration is worse. But still, fun truck.
3. As much as I have learned to love my Tacoma, I can't wait to sell it and finally drive MY bronco. I agree though, everybody has tacos. But on the bright side, that just means there's A HUGE aftermarket

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
#notalandcruiser. Toyota pickups may occupy some of the same space out on the trail, but Broncos, Jeeps, and Land Cruisers occupy a completely different place in our hearts and minds.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road as an extra vehicle and it's a great little truck. It's not going to set the world on fire in terms of power or acceleration but it seems to be put together well. Good looking, smooth riding little truck.

The newer gen looks good but more of an evolution of what has worked well for Toyota. My understanding is that they will be moving to more turbocharged engines. Hopefully they can maintain their reputation for reliability.
Same here, we got one on a whim because my wife needed a vehicle and there was a cheap lease deal. Turns out that we both love the little truck. The lease is up in 14 months, not sure if we’ll get another or just have her drive the Bronco.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually considered trying to order a Taco while waiting for my Bronco. Three issues:

1 - won't fit in my garage.
2 - you can't actually order a Toyota the way you can a Ford.
3 - Cheapest Taco with a manual was $10k more than my Bronco.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2ng Gen Tacoma that was an absolute warrior. Loved it. Historically Toyota’s new designs don’t wow me, and occasionally they’ve grown on me. So time will tell if I end up liking it.

Honesty this Bronco process & Ford broke me of even considering the “what if” future of renderings. 🤣So for me to even comment on this is a testament to my Tacoma adoration.

Not wild about the squared off fender flares, but maybe they’ll grow on me.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think anyone is surprised by the 2024 Tacoma. The 4Runner will look similar.

Its the first all-new Tacoma in 20 years. I hope they do a good job.

I'm interested to see if the '24 Bronco gets light powertrain enhancements to align it with the '24 Ranger.
Sponsored