Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sums it up for me too. Reliability was a great differentiator 40-50 years ago when automobiles were more of a stretch purchase and getting to 100k miles was an achievement.

I took an Audi (no reliability king) to 206k miles with no major repairs before this Bronco. Today you need to sell something with some soul. Any new car will outlast their owners willingness To keep it.
Exactly. Guys kill me with this reliability talk. As if cars in the 80s or 90s were even close to reliable; they werenā€™t and the plastics from the 70s-90s were basically toy grade. Like GI JOE thumb quality.

New vehicles, even a Kia are fairly reliable and the Bronco will definitely be. Hell, itā€™s a Ford, whatā€™s so complicated?

You and I have come from Germany and also England for me, a Ford guy has no idea what maintenance really looks like or costs. With the Bronco, Iā€™m basically playing with house money and weā€™re all one extended warranty away from not even thinking about it much.

Toyotas break too, otherwise no one would work on them because where would be the money, so believe the propaganda all you want; more Broncoā€™s for me. And all vehicles have tech and software issues, but those are generally easy to fix and likely to occur in the first 2 years.

Follow your maintenance schedule and youā€™ll be all good in almost anything. Beyond that, give me a ride that speaks to me, makes me feel good, look good, and ride good and Bronco does it all.

When I see guys in new 4Runners, even the TRD Pro, all I see is fear, sheepish, and boring. I do hope this new one turns a corner for Toyota, because Iā€™ve been waiting for it. The Hilux seems to be a nice pickup and the Land Cruiser has earned itā€™s respect, but overall, the company produces hollow shells and remember, your ride is an expression of your personality or lack thereof.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would pay several thousands of dollars ($5-$10k) for a non-removable metal roof option on the Bronco....different strokes for different folks.
I think they just need to add a metal removable roof to the current Bronco to rid themselves of the top issues. My ā€˜74 had a better top than the current Bronco! 49 years and theyā€™ve gone backwards!

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they'd option it with a stick and at least t-tops it would immediately be my #1 option, but to me the 4Runner is always kind of in no-man's land... Not as functional as a Tacoma, not as fun as a Bronco. Probably will start at $50k for anything decently equipped the way things are going anyways...

Sponsored

Shift-N-Go

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yeah while waiting the almost 2 years to get my Bronco I considered a Taco.

1 - cheapest I could spec out with a stick was $8k more than my Bronco.
2 - Even though you can build it on-line, you can't actually order from Toyota.
I've been trying to buy a reasonably priced fun car for over 3 years now.

I sat on a wait list for about 2 years for a Civic Type-R.... 1st in line, got in before the hype, even brought in x-mas cards for my sales guy. As soon as it was revealed it would be very limited, suddenly the dealership was telling me that somebody might be ahead of me, and they ghosted me after that. 2 years of waiting down the tube. Really disheartening.

At least with Ford there is a lot more documentation, the process is looking a lot more promising than Toyota or Honda.

When I get mine, let me know and you can check it out 2 door 2.7L

I picked the bronc over GR Corolla personally lol
Yeah that will be nice, I would do the 2.7L if it came with a manual for sure.

I agree about the GR, I think the Bronco will be more fun to drive.

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been trying to buy a reasonably priced fun car for over 3 years now.

I sat on a wait list for about 2 years for a Civic Type-R.... 1st in line, got in before the hype, even brought in x-mas cards for my sales guy. As soon as it was revealed it would be very limited, suddenly the dealership was telling me that somebody might be ahead of me, and they ghosted me after that. 2 years of waiting down the tube. Really disheartening.

At least with Ford there is a lot more documentation, the process is looking a lot more promising than Toyota or Honda.

Yeah that will be nice, I would do the 2.7L if it came with a manual for sure.

I agree about the GR, I think the Bronco will be more fun to drive.
The Bronco will be more fun to drive than the GR for sure. Iā€™ve even raced some Camaros. They took it but they had to work for it šŸ˜†
The 2.7 for sure.

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big surprise - the Bronco hits big and here come the Japanese/Koreans, after carefully holding back and watching what worked and what didn't, with their offerings. I used to work for Toyota in the early 2000s at one of their engineering/technical centers -- saw this all the time.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No renders allowed.

Available now or Iā€™m not listening.

Ford taught me these waysā€¦.šŸ¤Ŗ

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota. If you are listening. PHEV, sky active one touch roof, wireless apple car play, 33+tires, towing 5k or more. Thatā€™s all the market research you need to win me back. Iā€™ve had 5 toyota/lexus products. Still have a 2018 RX350L and My friends 2021 Mazda CX-9 is nicer. Cā€™mon step it up. And stop trying the tech game with your enform/entune, worst in car ever.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

David at Automotive Press is the most reliable source on Toyotas out there on YouTube in my opinion. He's a Toyota engineer and consultant with connections in Japan.

Here is his latest video on the 4Runner and Land Cruiser Prado that is arriving soon.
An entire site where the rumor basis is Motor Trend? I'd hardly consider them the source of truth for the upcoming 4Runner.
David has long followed the same 4Runner forums I follow, after information comes out on the 4Runner forums David pops up a new video with information from his "sources". Saying "David at Automotive Press is the most "reliable source" makes me laugh, he just regurgitates what he reads in the forums and fills in the rest of his videos with speculation, repeating himself multiple times. And by the way, he claims to be an "engineer" but never says what kind or who he works or worked for.

When new information is known, such as the 6th gen 4Runner being delayed by six months from winter 23/24 to spring 24, which moved it from the 24MY to the 25MY, he first just ignores the information and does not tell his viewers. Once everyone else is posting the delay and Toyota introduces the 40th Anniversary edition does he finally create a new video telling his viewers the delay is because Toyota is updating the 4Runner design to be a competitor against the Jeep and Bronco, yet he is wrong again, that is what the new 2024 Land Cruiser is for. The 6th gen 4Runner design will be evolutionary, not Retro, similar to how the new Tacoma design is evolutionary from its previous model.

The new 2024 Land Cruiser will provide an alternative to the Jeep, Bronco and Defender. It will be based on and share the international market Land Cruiser Prado and 4Runner platform but will have its own Retro styling for the US market, some say inspired by the FJ70 styling.

So to summarize, the latest information is as follows:

2025 6th gen 4Runner
Reveals Winter 2024​
Delivers Spring 2024​

2024 Land Cruiser
Reveals Summer/Fall 2023​
Delivers Winter 2023/2024​

Here is the start of the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser teaser campaign, Toyota USA is reposting their 2000 Retro Land Cruiser design concept.
Toyota USA - Turn of the century. #TBT 2000 Retro Land Cruiser | Facebook

Ford Bronco Upcoming Competition: 2025 Toyota 4Runner Hybrid is expected (and EV possible) _nc_ohc=IL-tDYDACnkAX_FUQU7&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2

Last edited:

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
David has long followed the same 4Runner forums I follow, after information comes out on the 4Runner forums David pops up a new video with information from his "sources". Saying "David at Automotive Press is the most "reliable source" makes me laugh, he just regurgitates what he reads in the forums and fills in the rest of his videos with speculation, repeating himself multiple times. And by the way, he claims to be an "engineer" but never says what kind or who he works or worked for.

When new information is known, such as the 6th gen 4Runner being delayed by six months from winter 23/24 to spring 24, which moved it from the 24MY to the 25MY, he first just ignores the information and does not tell his viewers. Once everyone else is posting the delay and Toyota introduces the 40th Anniversary edition does he finally create a new video telling his viewers the delay is because Toyota is updating the 4Runner design to be a competitor against the Jeep and Bronco, yet he is wrong again, that is what the new 2024 Land Cruiser is for. The 6th gen 4Runner design will be evolutionary, not Retro, similar to how the new Tacoma design is evolutionary from its previous model.

The new 2024 Land Cruiser will provide an alternative to the Jeep, Bronco and Defender. It will be based on and share the international market Land Cruiser Prado and 4Runner platform but will have its own Retro styling for the US market, some say inspired by the FJ70 styling.

So to summarize, the latest information is as follows:

2025 6th gen 4Runner
Reveals Winter 2024​
Delivers Spring 2024​

2024 Land Cruiser
Reveals Summer/Fall 2023​
Delivers Winter 2023/2024​

Here is the start of the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser teaser campaign, Toyota USA is reposting their 2000 Retro Land Cruiser design concept.
Toyota USA - Turn of the century. #TBT 2000 Retro Land Cruiser | Facebook

Ford Bronco Upcoming Competition: 2025 Toyota 4Runner Hybrid is expected (and EV possible) _nc_ohc=IL-tDYDACnkAX_FUQU7&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2
@North7

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a44105851/2024-lexus-gx-teaser/

How long before David posts?