Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting a report is one thing, but what of us that have no idea how to interpret it?
At least in my experience with aeroplanes, Blackstone does a very nice job in their comments interpreting the results.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
…….actually, truth be known, engine failure at 500 feet is worse…much fewer options.
Yeah, you can't pull over on the shoulder of the road...

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you tell us what brand and type of oil and filter you use

Sponsored
OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you tell us what brand and type of oil and filter you use
This analysis was done on the factory fill. I refilled with Costco’s pure synthetic and a Purolator filter.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was in a “controlled crash” in a military helicopter.

De-acceleration Syndrome (aka impact) is not fun.

Love the aviators chiming in. I’m just a useless passenger but have more than 20 years in the Air Traffic Control maintenance arena.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I sent a sample to Blackstone for analysis after my first 1,000 mile oil change. In short, everything looked good. I've attached my report as a reference.

I work at a natural gas transmission company, and we run oil analysis on ~350 reciprocating and turbine engines on a monthly basis. It's allowed us to address a lot of issues over the years, before they could result in catastrophic failure. I'm a big believer in doing it at least once a year on my cars. At $30/analysis, it's cheap insurance.

View attachment 201311
Good results for a new ecoboost. Zinc is predictably low. I'd be interested to see how many Broncos have the dual turbo failures like the F150's have.

Obviously those are a higher load situation, but i'd still be inclined to favor turbo lubrication benefits over engine lubrication (which is a much lower hanging fruit) by sticking with a higher zinc formula such as Kendall's GT-1 Comp.

https://www.kendallmotoroils.com/kendall-gt-1-competition-motor-oil

Thankfully, most of the F150's that require both turbos to be replaced happen just outside of warranty, so we won't have too much chatter on the subject on these forums for a few years.

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This analysis was done on the factory fill. I refilled with Costco’s pure synthetic and a Purolator filter.
Can tell me the part number for the Purolator filter... and did u use the boss?

Are you going to post your next oil change analysis at 5k

Sponsored
OP
OP
WClintM

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can tell me the part number for the Purolator filter... and did u use the boss?

Are you going to post your next oil change analysis at 5k
This is the one I used. I’ll probably try to keep oil change intervals below 4K miles, depending on use. Oil analysis at least once a year.

Ford Bronco Update: 2nd Blackstone Oil Analysis Results (2.7 Bronco) @ 4,000 miles (3000 on Oil) 014811F0-6F74-4FE8-80DA-B2DA35A1A16E

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you notice the high Molly? They put extra from the factory, (pretty typical) to help new engines.

This is one of my arguments as to why I'm against draining the factory oil too soon.

To compare, my Oil Analysis for a different car, well broke in and using Mobil 1 has a Moly of only 71.

I know this isn't comparing apples to apples because this is an entirely different engine, but I do 10k oil changes with mobile one and this was a 50k lab result...

Ford Bronco Update: 2nd Blackstone Oil Analysis Results (2.7 Bronco) @ 4,000 miles (3000 on Oil) Screenshot_20211106-070111_Drive

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you notice the high Molly? They put extra from the factory, (pretty typical) to help new engines.

This is one of my arguments as to why I'm against draining the factory oil too soon.

To compare, my Oil Analysis for a different car, well broke in and using Mobil 1 has a Moly of only 71.

I know this isn't comparing apples to apples because this is an entirely different engine, but I do 10k oil changes with mobile one and this was a 50k lab result...

Ford Bronco Update: 2nd Blackstone Oil Analysis Results (2.7 Bronco) @ 4,000 miles (3000 on Oil) Screenshot_20211106-070111_Drive
Yeah, mine had 151 at 2500 miles in a 2.3L. I am hoping someone waits the full 5k to get their first and sends in an analysis. We're guinea pigs.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do Blackstone analysis at each oil change in my Grumman Tiger. A single report doesn’t mean much but trends can reveal a great deal.
Engine failure at 8500ft often doesn’t end well. ;)
If it was a Cessna high wing that sucker would glide for miles lol
Sponsored