Sponsored

FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shame the Nano wasn’t built in Canada eh? Can you Imagine a Coyote V8 under your Broncos hood? I wonder if Canadian engine plants have better quality assurance protocols in place than tLima Ohio plant.

I learned about the Canadian plants today after reading about the supply issues they are currently experiencing. I hope you get yours back in premo condition and FoMoCo comes through with financial reimbursements and extended warranties.

Currently, FoMoCo operates two engine plants in Canada, both located in Windsor, Ontario – the Ford Windsor Engine Plant, which builds the 6.8L Triton engine used in the Ford E-Series cutaway utility vehicle, and the Ford Essex Engine Plant, which builds the 5.0L Coyote V8.
You had to bring up the obvious motors we wanted! Thanks a lot. I will be happy to get any motor at all at this point within the next year!
Sponsored

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

His tag says Wild Trak, so it is the 2.7. Man how I wish they optioned a nice small block non turbo V8.
Doesnt everybody????? I hate this technological nightmare twin turbo, carbon, blah blah blah peice of junk. My 7.3 f350 deisel dually gets better mileage. Much rather have a reliable small v-8 that I could work on if something went wrong in the middle of no where. Scared to take this thing off the grid! May get a sat phone.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesnt everybody????? I hate this technological nightmare twin turbo, carbon, blah blah blah peice of junk. My 7.3 f350 deisel dually gets better mileage. Much rather have a reliable small v-8 that I could work on if something went wrong in the middle of no where. Scared to take this thing off the grid! May get a sat phone.
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/765374

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much is the satellite subscription?
There are several plans depending on how you use it. Month by month safety plan is the cheapest if you need it less than a few months a year. $15US/$20CAD per month. Or the yearly safety plan is cheapest overall for every day use but has few features, and requires an annual subscription. The Expedition plan is ridiculously expensive, but worth it if you are always out of touch. I haven't bought one yet, but may in the spring if we don't get some sense about how solid our Nano engines will be. I will probably get the Safety/Freedom plan for $19.95/month for a few months at time and have in for emergency only. For some hard core off-roaders it may be pretty cool to have text messaging and tracking etc.,. so you can stay in touch with family and friends. The Expedition plan runs between $65 and $80 CAD per month for the monthly and annual plans, but includes everything with no surprise overage fees.

Canadian Pricing
https://discover.garmin.com/en-CA/inreach/personal/#subscriptions

US Pricing
https://discover.garmin.com/en-US/inreach/personal/#subscriptions

Last edited:
Reactions: jon

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You had to bring up the obvious motors we wanted! Thanks a lot. I will be happy to get any motor at all at this point within the next year!
Today on the menu, your choice of a 351 Windsor a 351 Cleveland, or for a nominal $10,000 upgrade when we replace your blown 2.7 with a 3.0

Check the new PopMech for a V8 swap into a Tesla

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would consider a 10K upgrade for a V8

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch 2.7, Absolute Black
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also experienced Catastrophic failure on my 2021 2.7L

Happened 7/15/2022

engine# 211951
Mfd 08/2021
miles 2812.2

While driving approx 45mph loud ticking followed by grinding/ticking then engine died, engine wouldn't start. Starterengages but engine won't turn.

@Ford Motor Company I want a new Bronco, this one will never be the same. Paid cash and feel horrible about this. Loved the Bronco while it worked, all 2800 miles

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also experienced Catastrophic failure on my 2021 2.7L

Happened 7/15/2022

engine# 211951
Mfd 08/2021
miles 2812.2

While driving approx 45mph loud ticking followed by grinding/ticking then engine died, engine wouldn't start. Starterengages but engine won't turn.

@Ford Motor Company I want a new Bronco, this one will never be the same. Paid cash and feel horrible about this. Loved the Bronco while it worked, all 2800 miles
Good morning. I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's engine issues. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can start looking into this for you?

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning. I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's engine issues. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can start looking into this for you?
I don't believe I ever received the same open offer to assist from the "Ford Official Account". WHen my 2.7L blew, my engine was replaced and they gave me 29 days worth of my monthly payment, which makes no sense because if I had put less money down on my purchase, you would have paid me more money. Now I have an unmatched vehicle which will most certainly hurt my resale and when I asked for my extended warranty purchase to be refunded while the warranty was honored, I was told "sorry, can't do it". Ford's failure to adequately compensate those that waited in line for literally years to put your new vehicle on the road is abhorrent. I can't wait to immediately resell the F-150 lighting I have on order given Ford's incompetency and "couldn't give a shit less" attitude about their customers.

Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe I ever received the same open offer to assist from the "Ford Official Account". WHen my 2.7L blew, my engine was replaced and they gave me 29 days worth of my monthly payment, which makes no sense because if I had put less money down on my purchase, you would have paid me more money. Now I have an unmatched vehicle which will most certainly hurt my resale and when I asked for my extended warranty purchase to be refunded while the warranty was honored, I was told "sorry, can't do it". Ford's failure to adequately compensate those that waited in line for literally years to put your new vehicle on the road is abhorrent. I can't wait to immediately resell the F-150 lighting I have on order given Ford's incompetency and "couldn't give a shit less" attitude about their customers.
You can always get a pro-rated refund of extended warranties, fyi. And I don't think a new engine will affect resale of the vehicle. I get you're upset, but you gotta stay reasonable and logical. Otherwise, when it's so emotional, it doesn't have any actual effect.

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always get a pro-rated refund of extended warranties, fyi. And I don't think a new engine will affect resale of the vehicle. I get you're upset, but you gotta stay reasonable and logical. Otherwise, when it's so emotional, it doesn't have any actual effect.
Reasonable and logical would be to expect a brand new engine not to fail after less than 3,500 miles. I haven't asked for anything that hasn't been afforded to other victims of the same catastrophic failure so not sure where your "emotional" suggestion comes in.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reasonable and logical would be to expect a brand new engine not to fail after less than 3,500 miles. I haven't asked for anything that hasn't been afforded to other victims of the same catastrophic failure so not sure where your "emotional" suggestion comes in.
The emotion is your concern about a new engine diminishing the value of your car and your emotion about demanding a refund of the warranty without just reaching out to the warranty provider directly to get a refund. And your emotional response about Ford not "adequately compensating" people waiting for their vehicles. Like Ford DOESN'T want to get the Broncos off the line and sold?

And yeah, it is reasonable and logical to expect it not to fail. It's also reasonable and logical to expect the fix to be a new engine and payment of the rental. Not some weird dimumition of value argument that doesn't hold water.

I'm sorry this happened to you. But life is too short to get this upset over an engine that is getting replaced for free. But if it's not good enough for you, sell your vehicle and take a beach vacation. The stress is clearly getting to you.

Last edited:
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck y’all! I had engine replacement at 2812miles, took 8 weeks to get back then failed again 8 days later, now back in the shop. Going on week 9

It’s been in fords possession for around 40% the time since purchase.

Ford offered a rental reimbursement of $45/day at enterprise where I was offered a Hyundai 🤡 that cost $52/day.

Sad part is I can’t trust the bronco to get me to work a few miles away.

crazy part is ford and bronco6g have banned members who discussed the issues in this thread. RIP @Lucchese and others. I might be next. So much for freedom of speech and quality builds by 🇺🇸 The quality of the bronco and silencing of users is more like 🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳

🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

@Ford Motor Company

721CC180-629A-4880-A1E1-C0FEEFAAAA98.jpeg

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’ll find that info in our chat, the engine failed once already!
Sponsored