Sponsored

Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady…

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a lot of consideration and reflection, I have decided it would be appropriate to include the Dealership’s Name in the Title for those in and around the St Louis Area who have or will be dealing with them in the near future.

I intend to fully document my experience in a later thread, but this one was created at the moment it was time to sign in the Buyer’s Order. The quote below is unaltered and will remain how it appeared in the heat of the moment.
***HOT*** Is My Dealership Being Shady…
Marauder - 4/5/22 at 4:41 PM CT
I’m on the sales floor right now and they’re only offering $975 Rebate based on a document dated Jan 12… and supposedly the Vincent system is not updating with the remaining $2K published on Ford’s website.

keep in mind, price increase occurred 2/14… almost a whole month after that document I was provided had updated.
This and then subsequent updates also unravel further questionable business ethics unexpectedly thrown into the sales equation, including forced financing at an unconscionable rate.

I will follow up with future updates, as well.

To the Bronco6G Community, you’ve been an invaluable asset. A wealth of support and information. Thanks to all of you who responded to this thread, both during and after my marathon negotiation. I hope this will provide value for those preparing to or in the middle of purchasing ANY new vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bare in mind, I can also make the full payment, but they are forcing me to finance something for a minimum of 3 months

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More likely dumb or uninformed than shady, but yeah. You're right, they're wrong. Dig up the Ford price protection language to throw in their face.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection is an old news even my grandma is aware of it. They need to get their facts straight.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just to confirm, are you soliciting date requests due to being so ***HOT***? (asking for a friend)

Also, nothing abnormal with a dealership wanting to claw back revenue via captive financing. Frankly, with interest rates as they are now compared to inflation, it's not even a difficult decision to want to finance instead of the emotional victory of going full-shorts to pay 100% cash. (Not to mention most states have regulations against money laundering, hence not accepting cash deals like this)

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bare in mind, I can also make the full payment, but they are forcing me to finance something for a minimum of 3 months
Tell them you'll only finance $100. :LOL:

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello there, just give them this. It is not a rebate to the customer and will not reflect in the Vincent system. It is paid on their dealer statement

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screenshot of the link previously provided.
Big deal...finance whatever and pay it off within 3 months. It'll only cost a couple bucks in interest.

Screenshot_20220405-175050_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to confirm, are you soliciting date requests due to being so ***HOT***? (asking for a friend)

Also, nothing abnormal with a dealership wanting to claw back revenue via captive financing. Frankly, with interest rates as they are now compared to inflation, it's not even a difficult decision to want to finance instead of the emotional victory of going full-shorts to pay 100% cash. (Not to mention most states have regulations against money laundering, hence not accepting cash deals like this)
In my case, I can’t put down a down payment, nor can I go with the Credit Union, where I already have approved financing.

according to them, I MUST go with their financing for whatever rate they deem appropriate for me to buy my Bronco

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello there, just give them this. It is not a rebate to the customer and will not reflect in the Vincent system. It is paid on their dealer statement

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575
I agree, but I don’t have access to their system to verify where the $2K went

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

according to them, I MUST go with their financing for whatever rate they deem appropriate for me to buy my Bronco
It's a shitty practice that happens at a small number of dealers, but they do have the right to do that, and it's becoming more common.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screenshot of the link previously provided.
Big deal...finance whatever and pay it off within 3 months. It'll only cost a couple bucks in interest.

Ford Bronco Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady… Screenshot_20220405-175050_Chrome
Though I don’t want to throw away $450 on interest for their BS… I cannot get them to prove the missing $2K

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Though I don’t want to throw away $450 on interest for their BS… I cannot get them to prove the missing $2K
The way I read this post from Granger is that the dealers should have received this same letter from Ford: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-mid-march-update-from-granger-ford.39234/

The likely won't ever see it in SMART Vincent, it's up to them to know what it should be and price accordingly. Mine in sitting on the lot right now for the same reason. I think the lower volume dealers just aren't paying much attention. Of course, there isn't much incentive for them to get it right either, as they would just pocket the $2k. Here's a screenshot of my SMART Vincent and you can see it's just the 21-22 Price-Protect:
Ford Bronco Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady… ORDER.PNG
Sponsored