Sponsored

Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady…

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doesn’t seem fair that a dealership would force a customer to use their financing!
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that would fly in Maryland. How can they not let you shop around for financing? When I purchased mine in February from Chapman Ford, they quoted me a rate but my credit union was lower and they matched it.
That's how it usually works, but dealers don't have to accept financing from anywhere else.

What prevents most dealers from doing this is the knowledge that most buyers would tell them to get bent and leave, when they try to force you into a terrible financing deal.

In the case of the Bronco, they have you over a barrel. You've special ordered this thing and waited two years for it. If you walk, you lose price protection. In fact, you can't even order another one right now. And if you walk, they flip the Bronco for a huge ADM.

So they have every incentive to abuse the Bronco buyer as much as their morals and the cost to their reputation allows them.

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
If that happens to me. I'll probaly walk, then blast the dealer on all forums( bronco, maverick, ranger, etc.)along with names of the employees( finance and GM ) that way people that have orders with them will know what they are walking in to and can be prepared.

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t disagree. It felt like that from the get-go.

I’m just blown away by the arrogance. I spent 5 hours in intense negotiations and I lost significant ground.

I’ve never felt this level of upset. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. Right now, it’s in the garage and I couldn’t give less of a damn to fawn over it…
There are so many feeling your pain. I was ready to get rid of every F'n Ford I own and forget the whole thing and that was just during my initial phone negotiations for the BRaptor. I'm not anywhere close to feeling confident I'll seal the deal yet until I have the keys in my hand.
Like you said, give it time.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t mean I would refinance for a higher rate (6.84 - assholes) than what they gave me, but a higher rate (2.49) then what I was approved for on March 20th.
It's bad enough when they force you to accept their deal, but to not even get in the same universe as your prequalified rate is a deliberate insult. They wanted you to walk away bad.

Sponsored

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Ford site says ORDER OR RESERVATION I reserved on Sept 202 but it turned into and order on MARCH 30 2021. ( because of their delay ) this means I still have price protection ?
🙏🙏🙏

Ski1132

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2028 Expedition, BMW X7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got that feeling, too. Basically, I got $1220 ADM, cloaked in $700 Interest and the dealership’s $520 kickback.

then I get to refinance 3-months from now for a different (higher) rate.
If you refinance to pay it off you will likely pay taxes AGAIN when you have to re-register the vehicle. Be careful about the taxes.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Op my heart sank reading this. Surprised by a lot of misinformation on this thread. It is 100 percent legal to pay cash on a new car purchase. You just can’t walk in with 50k in a suitcase. A certified bank check provides a paper trail for Uncle Sam and it’s done every day.
a dealer has no right demanding you finance with them- it’s extortion.Your statement is accurate- it’s an extra ADM you’re paying. This dealership needs to be called out for their shady practices so future consumers can stay away.
my advice? The only thing that would Make me feel better is transferring the loan asap. That would give me satisfaction knowing they didn’t extort as much out of me as they would have otherwise.
scumbags. What should be an amazing and happy experience for you ends up being a shitshow. Nothing worse than realizing you are being taken advantage of. This dealer sucks, plain and simple

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t disagree. It felt like that from the get-go.

I’m just blown away by the arrogance. I spent 5 hours in intense negotiations and I lost significant ground.

I’ve never felt this level of upset. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. Right now, it’s in the garage and I couldn’t give less of a damn to fawn over it…
Like the previous poster I really feel for you. Dealers are pros at this game, they're in it to make money many are viewing the Bronco situation as a "strike while the iron is hot" opportunity. I hope your enthusiasm is renewed, you switch your financing, and really enjoy your rig!

I'm still in pricing negotiations and hoping I don't get to this level of dissonance, but I could see it happening. Frustrating all the way around...

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's bad enough when they force you to accept their deal, but to not even get in the same universe as your prequalified rate is a deliberate insult. They wanted you to walk away bad.
I found it fascinating how the Sales Manager was so arrogant throughout the whole process, while simultaneously admitted how screwed up the whole thing was.

i can at least confirm he wasn’t a total psychopath… he clearly felt shame by averting his face from looking in my direction when it was all said and done. My “salesperson” (joke) claimed he was working hard and talking with the Ford Regional Sales Rep… but my guess is he was updating his profile on Indeed.com

One final note that struck me as odd was the last comment made to me before I left. Naturally, I had to deal with their Finance Manager, who was easily the most genuine person I dealt with. He made a comment about the survey and how I should consider not crushing them in the ratings, but in the comments, because those ratings would impact my completely incompetent and assigned salesperson.

There is simply no accountability, whatsoever.

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my case, I can’t put down a down payment, nor can I go with the Credit Union, where I already have approved financing.

according to them, I MUST go with their financing for whatever rate they deem appropriate for me to buy my Bronco
Got any attorney friends? If not, you might try sending an email to Steve Lehto with your story. Check Youtube for details.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Op my heart sank reading this. Surprised by a lot of misinformation on this thread. It is 100 percent legal to pay cash on a new car purchase. You just can’t walk in with 50k in a suitcase. A certified bank check provides a paper trail for Uncle Sam and it’s done every day.
a dealer has no right demanding you finance with them- it’s extortion.Your statement is accurate- it’s an extra ADM you’re paying. This dealership needs to be called out for their shady practices so future consumers can stay away.
my advice? The only thing that would Make me feel better is transferring the loan asap. That would give me satisfaction knowing they didn’t extort as much out of me as they would have otherwise.
scumbags. What should be an amazing and happy experience for you ends up being a shitshow. Nothing worse than realizing you are being taken advantage of. This dealer sucks, plain and simple
I will firmly admit that I was blindsided by such a tactic.

After a (poor) night of sleep, if I was asked to describe my sentiments about having put in the Reservation, selected a dealership within a network I had experience with (bought two vehicles from and performed +10-years of service with), and did my due diligence to insure I was prepared for an easy purchasing experience… I would say my sentiments are full of regret.

I’ve got a lot of work in front of me going forward. Unfortunately, that work is not applying accessories nor gearing up for fun Bronco adventures, but a legitimate effort to raise awareness for what I consider completely unethical business practice.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like the previous poster I really feel for you. Dealers are pros at this game, they're in it to make money many are viewing the Bronco situation as a "strike while the iron is hot" opportunity. I hope your enthusiasm is renewed, you switch your financing, and really enjoy your rig!

I'm still in pricing negotiations and hoping I don't get to this level of dissonance, but I could see it happening. Frustrating all the way around...
That’s the funny thing… my spider-senses were tingling back on March 17th when I reached out to the sales person about financing. I even tried to ask quotes for stuff like wraps & tint that I knew they’d love to stick their little talons in for additional mark-up to hedge my bets… but they were so incompetent and disorganized that I got an immediate sense that I needed to come prepared with my own financing.

and I still got taken to the woodshed.

I was originally prepared to walk away that night, and maybe I should have. I just don’t know if it would have mattered or not.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One final note that struck me as odd was the last comment made to me before I left. Naturally, I had to deal with their Finance Manager, who was easily the most genuine person I dealt with. He made a comment about the survey and how I should consider not crushing them in the ratings, but in the comments, because those ratings would impact my completely incompetent and assigned salesperson.
Bullshit! :mad: If you want any semblance of accountability, CRUSH them in the ratings and ROAST them in the comments.

Ford needs to know about it, and they earned the rating.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yea, actually there are anti-money-laundering laws in pretty much every state. In my state you can't drop more than $10,000 without their being a hold period of between 5-10 days and where the bank must transmit the money directly after submitting a few forms to the state DOR.

On top of that, the dealer is then subject to a whole mess of annoying forms and disclosures to the IRS.

Many dealerships will simply say "NO" to all-cash deals as it's not worth the hassle. On top of that, if the customer walks on a Bronco, they will make an extra $10K, why bother???????

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...rade-or-business-motor-vehicle-dealership-qas
Like I said, there isn't a law that prevents you from paying cash. The government just makes it a pain in the ass. I'm a retired banker......I'm very familiar with anti money laundering rules.
Sponsored