Sponsored

Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady…

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not blowing them up at all. This is the actions they appear to take with every valued customer. It appears they’ve been doing this for years. I just didn’t know this because their Kia Franchise doesn’t operate like this.
That was a poor choice of words on my part.
You are rightfully calling them out for shady dealer stuff. I live in the area and I appreciate you letting us know. They took advantage of the fact that Bronco buyers have no leverage. Like you said it's ADM by another name. Dealers charge ADM on orders because they have all the leverage. In normal times you could just go down the street and buy from somebody reasonable. In normal times if a dealer made using their lender a condition of the purchase you'd laugh and walk down the street to buy from somebody reasonable. You didn't have that option yesterday, you had to take their deal or walk away from the Bronco you've been waiting on forever.
I only brought it up because if they are the type of place that will pull what they pulled yesterday then they are probably the type of place that would pull some shenanigans with the check you were waiting on from them.
Sponsored

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but how many Tesla customers are dealing with this? I know I didn't on my Tesla. Man talk about an energy suck dealing with dealers.....

Dealers being greedy in the short term is just going to guarantee their demise in the longterm. And as a result, I do feel bad for some of the honest ones. Customers didn't like dealers before and now they REALLY don't in this current car market.

slevy66

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/gt-500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m buying a Braptor from them at MSRP. I agreed to an appearance package for 500 something and I agreed to finance the remainder of my balance after down payment for a period of 3 months. I have no problem with anything they require. If I was buying a much less expensive car, I’d have a problem with buying the extra appearance package. I’m not in the same boat as you, but it doesn’t seem like you’re getting hosed like people having 10k+ added the day they go in to finance. If these were normal times and normal demand, you’d be right to walk. Depends on how bad you want it and I know how they flip for more than you’re paying. Try to look at just the business aspect. Good luck.

schadenforduh

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So the purchase agreement that Ford recommends the buyer get in writing with the selling dealer (if the dealer will even sign such a thing) agreeing to the purchase price in advance (MSRP and no ADM) must now also include a clause that states the seller will not require buyer to use the dealer's financing...but if the dealer is this shady they will never sign such a purchase agreement to begin with.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but how many Tesla customers are dealing with this? I know I didn't on my Tesla. Man talk about an energy suck dealing with dealers.....

Dealers being greedy in the short term is just going to guarantee their demise in the longterm. And as a result, I do feel bad for some of the honest ones. Customers didn't like dealers before and now they REALLY don't in this current car market.
Tesla just implements price increases unilaterally. No need to use dealers to screw customers over with ADM, when the OEM can do it directly and without notice.

Tesla implements two price increases in less than a week

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a poor choice of words on my part.
You are rightfully calling them out for shady dealer stuff. I live in the area and I appreciate you letting us know. They took advantage of the fact that Bronco buyers have no leverage. Like you said it's ADM by another name. Dealers charge ADM on orders because they have all the leverage. In normal times you could just go down the street and buy from somebody reasonable. In normal times if a dealer made using their lender a condition of the purchase you'd laugh and walk down the street to buy from somebody reasonable. You didn't have that option yesterday, you had to take their deal or walk away from the Bronco you've been waiting on forever.
I only brought it up because if they are the type of place that will pull what they pulled yesterday then they are probably the type of place that would pull some shenanigans with the check you were waiting on from them.
I’ve got the name of the Regional Sales Rep and hand-wrote a clause specifically focused on the remaining rebates obtained over the next 120-days (sale’s manager’s inclusion).

He initialed it, but that was pretty much all I could do. Just not an honorable nor trustworthy person. On a positive, I believe he’s not a complete psychopath… he appeared to have shame, preferring not to not engage with me, even via eye contact, after that endeavor.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m buying a Braptor from them at MSRP. I agreed to an appearance package for 500 something and I agreed to finance the remainder of my balance after down payment for a period of 3 months. I have no problem with anything they require. If I was buying a much less expensive car, I’d have a problem with buying the extra appearance package. I’m not in the same boat as you, but it doesn’t seem like you’re getting hosed like people having 10k+ added the day they go in to finance. If these were normal times and normal demand, you’d be right to walk. Depends on how bad you want it and I know how they flip for more than you’re paying. Try to look at just the business aspect. Good luck.
Getting hosed is still getting hosed. I went to a Ford Dealership and they sold me a junk loan I didn’t need nor ask for.

So, on top of that, they also appeared to be willfully attempting to prevent me from collecting the full $2975 promised & documented by Ford on their site for Price Protection.

I pointed out the document they were presenting had a date of 1/12/22 and the most recent price change impacting the MSRP on my sticker occurred a full month (2/14) after that date. He refused to show me their system or that any other payment/rebate existed.

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry... you are missing the MIEL as well.
Monetary instrument purchase with cash.
Which is $5,000.00
And if you walked in the bank when I was managing and paid cash for a cashiers check and your balances don't match that kind of money you better believe I am checking those bills
What if the money you are going to use comes from a different source i.e Venmo, or PayPal. can you just do a transfer to your back and buy a cashers check for say 30K ?

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tesla just implements price increases unilaterally. No need to use dealers to screw customers over with ADM, when the OEM can do it directly and without notice.

Tesla implements two price increases in less than a week
You're right. Tesla clearly increasing prices on their website by $2-$3k without retroactively increasing prices on already existing orders and not requiring mandatory financing or add-ons is pretty similar to dealer shenanigans....

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right. Tesla clearly increasing prices on their website by $2-$3k without retroactively increasing prices on already existing orders and not requiring mandatory financing or add-ons is pretty similar to dealer shenanigans....
Nice cherry pick on the price increases at the low end. 😂 Now look at the price increases at the high end ($10,000 - $12,500). 😉

I’m not saying the two situations are equivalent. What happened here with this particular dealer (Lou Fusz Ford in St. Louis, MO) is terrible. 😡 No argument there. Fuck those guys! 🖕

However, eliminating the entire dealer channel isn’t necessarily a panacea for customer happiness. Some dealers, like mine (Granger), are actually known for low-prices, great communication, and excellent buyer experiences, and they don’t pull the kind of shit that other dealers do. But if you eliminate the entire dealer channel, you no longer have a buffer between you and the OEM, many of which are not known for their great communications and high customer service; nor will you have the same level of choice and price competition. Without the dealer channel and state franchise laws, the OEM will have monopoly power on pricing for all of their products, and they can implement those decisions unilaterally and with no advance notice.

I’m just saying, be careful what you wish for. The grass is not always greener on the other side. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "rebate" is over complicated IMO. I looked back at my original build from 2021 (Badlands, sqwatch, high package, 2.7L) and it was $52, 735. The 2022 sticker only read $53, 075 and the dealer discounted it down to original price without fooling around with any kind of hassle or certificate. My question is, where was this $2000 plus price increase? My dealer did insist on financing it, we prepared to just buy it outright last I spoke with them, but the rate was competitive and there is no penalty for early payoff. I did mention that paying 2 months would cost me interest and they were cool about crediting Ford points. Did I miss something? The price didnt seem to go up all that much and it is a 2022 identical to the one I ordered in 2021. I know dealers make a few bucks on the financing kick back so I get it, but it doesnt seem like enough of a kick to fight over with a customer and risk the blowback over a couple hundred dollars.

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "rebate" is over complicated IMO. I looked back at my original build from 2021 (Badlands, sqwatch, high package, 2.7L) and it was $52, 735. The 2022 sticker only read $53, 075 and the dealer discounted it down to original price without fooling around with any kind of hassle or certificate. My question is, where was this $2000 plus price increase? My dealer did insist on financing it, we prepared to just buy it outright last I spoke with them, but the rate was competitive and there is no penalty for early payoff. I did mention that paying 2 months would cost me interest and they were cool about crediting Ford points. Did I miss something? The price didnt seem to go up all that much and it is a 2022 identical to the one I ordered in 2021. I know dealers make a few bucks on the financing kick back so I get it, but it doesnt seem like enough of a kick to fight over with a customer and risk the blowback over a couple hundred dollars.
You must have a pre-3/14/22 build week date. Those of us 3/14 and later are subject to the mid-year 2022 sticker price increase which was much higher that the 21-2022 MY original price increase.

2021-2022 Price increase ranged from $250-$975 depending on build specs
2022-2022 Mid Year increases ranged from $1250-$2000

Reservation holders and pre 3/19/21 orders qualify for BOTH price protects.

See the Granger Mid-March Update for all the details. A lot of dealers are pretty confused and many of us are suffering the consequences:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-mid-march-update-from-granger-ford.39234/

Bazan

Black Diamond
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chrysler van. Audi car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put a big cash payment down and my dealer had no problem accepting it. They said "Cash is king"

BoltUp

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does your loan agreement say if you pay it off early? Why cant you go refinance it with your credit union right now. Most CU's dont have different rates for new vs used anymore. I would refi as soon as you could. Rates will be going up. Good luck to you.

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the dealership looking at it from a business perspective. If a customer feels they are screwed over( excepting they are not over demanding, which using your own financing is not ) what do they lose. I'm fortunate to have several ford dealers within a radius I'm willing to drive for service, warranty work, recalls, and parts. How much does that dealer lose in the long run for short term gains. Not to mention everyone that you relay the story to that will avoid that particular dealer. Most dealers are vending machines, if people tell you the machine is broke then you don't put your money in it and find another that works.
Sponsored