First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You wouldn't happen to know when the next set of emails will be sent out?
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@PREMiERdrum do you know how many shifts they will be running per day? (1 or 2 - 3 is too much to hope for).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to laugh if I decided last week that I’d buy a 2nd Bronco (4 door, soft top, BB, Squatch) with our extra October pre-order and it comes in 2021. This top debacle is such an embarrassment for Ford.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you sir. It’s nice to have some real time info.

cheers.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

No direct connection to MAP, just a well-sourced guy.
Thanks @PREMiERdrum as always for the small amount of info you can provide. I know you keep saying they are working through units this week, but I haven't seen any posts of anyone getting any additional updates yet this week. Presumably they've been working through these units the last three days. Any word on if they are shipping any this week without tracker updates, or if they are just repairing issues and still waiting to ship?

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
550 a shift. How many shifts a day? How many days a week? Are they doing the every other Saturday thing?

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

No direct connection to MAP, just a well-sourced guy.
Can someone clarify on the top issue and timing; are the MIC tops pushed up to MY23 or is that just the painted tops from the new supplier? Is Webasto losing the contract for all tops or just the late availability painted? (sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, it's confusing)

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.
Any input on why scheduling isn’t taking place this week? My dealers Zone told them 3 weeks ago my FE was previewing now they cancel this weeks scheduling. Any input is appreciated.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
550 a shift. How many shifts a day? How many days a week? Are they doing the every other Saturday thing?
From what I have read a 6 am -2:30 shift
And 6p - 2:30 am shift

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.
Thanks for sharing, it is great just to have some news even if it isnt great news.

I have a Bandlands, 2.7, LUX, MIC with the tow package ordered...in you opinion is there any point to change to a soft to take an earlier delivery date or am I just effed overall?
Sponsored