Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Its crazy no rhyme or reason ..my 2nd ordered 4 door jusr came in today early and my first ordered 2 door just got pushed out a month....there are no fórmulas but im in live with #1 she so purty ..better than I expected
The commodity constraints seem to far outweigh reservation date. If you reserved both at the same time and ordered before production started then order date is likely irrelevant. It would be nice to have a better handle.on all of these things though.
Sponsored

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Window Sticker updated to today's date, 8/01/2021. last time it updated was the day a delivery date showed, which disappeared a couple days later.

Blend 7/15, 5758

No other changes to trackers and no email though.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Window Sticker updated to today's date, 8/01/2021. last time it updated was the day a delivery date showed, which disappeared a couple days later.

Blend 7/15, 5758

I remember when I used to get excited cause the date changed on there!

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to say, I reserved on July 25/20 but have had my vin since April 20/21. So it hasn’t been cut and dry since the beginning.

Sponsored

KAPtain327

Badlands
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting waiting waiting. My current rig isn’t going to last thru the winter unless I sink some serious dough into her. I hope I get scheduled soon this is getting ridiculous.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember when I used to get excited cause the date changed on there!
Good thing I didn't get excited. Wondering if anyone has noticed any other activity when the window sticker updates.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thing I didn't get excited. Wondering if anyone has noticed any other activity when the window sticker updates.
Don't believe there is anything to it. Mine has updated every Tuesday since 6/22. Several others have confirmed it continues to update after delivery as well.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
550/shift X 2 shifts/day X 5 days/week X 10 weeks = 55,000 Broncos and Rangers
55,000 vehicles X 60 % = 33,000 Broncos

550/shift X 2 shifts/day X 6 days/week X 10 weeks = 66,000 Broncos and Rangers
66,000 vehicles X 60 % = 39,600 Broncos

These are at the low end from the numbers provided...feeling down as a July 14th, 5AM reservation holder.
While the math is good, I think the 10 weeks is on the soft side. There are 4 weeks of August builds already scheduled. 5 weeks in the next scheduling batch which goes through September. That's 9 weeks and Ford won't have scheduled October or November yet.

I think it's fair to expect some slow downs or even week-long shutdowns at some point, but by my thinking there's another 8 or 9 weeks of MY21 scheduling (minus any shutdowns) after the 9 weeks of August and September.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that we are going to find that Ford both underestimated the initial demand and further underestimated the number of reservations that would be converted into orders by a large margin.

They realized their mistake far too late (around January when ordering went live). By March, the Webasto disaster was just becoming obvious to Ford. Far too late to really make the changes needed to make MY21 production targets.

We will be lucky to see more than 40,000 MY21 Broncos. I even think that is an optimistic estimate. I don't think that we can expect much more than 15,000 MIC tops, including the FE's. So that means that we will be lucky to see more than 8,000 2 door Broncos (depending on the split between 2 and 4 door MIC tops).

This is also the result of Ford not wanting to over invest in a new product line, only to end up with excess capacity and under utilized production capacity. Which seems to not be too far from the mark had they started at full production capacity in May. Unfortunately, there have been issues that have interfered with the ability to ramp up production.

Assuming that Ford has only 120,000 current orders in the system, they could run at 100% 2 shift capacity at 6 days/week for 30 weeks just to meet pre-production orders. I can't see this resolving anytime soon. It will be 4th quarter 2022 before production catches up.

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Blend 7/15, 5758

Ok, so mine did the same thing then the date switched back to 7/26. Ugh

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that we are going to find that Ford both underestimated the initial demand and further underestimated the number of reservations that would be converted into orders by a large margin.

They realized their mistake far too late (around January when ordering went live). By March, the Webasto disaster was just becoming obvious to Ford. Far too late to really make the changes needed to make MY21 production targets.

We will be lucky to see more than 40,000 MY21 Broncos. I even think that is an optimistic estimate. I don't think that we can expect much more than 15,000 MIC tops, including the FE's. So that means that we will be lucky to see more than 8,000 2 door Broncos (depending on the split between 2 and 4 door MIC tops).

This is also the result of Ford not wanting to over invest in a new product line, only to end up with excess capacity and under utilized production capacity. Which seems to not be too far from the mark had they started at full production capacity in May. Unfortunately, there have been issues that have interfered with the ability to ramp up production.

Assuming that Ford has only 120,000 current orders in the system, they could run at 100% 2 shift capacity at 6 days/week for 30 weeks just to meet pre-production orders. I can't see this resolving anytime soon. It will be 4th quarter 2022 before production catches up.
Yep.

This all could have been avoided or at least minimized by:

1). Limit Reservations to (est) 50% - 75% of max MY2021 production capacity.

2). Being upfront with dealers and not permitting zero-deposit orders (so built and delivered Bronco’s are not simply abandoned, dealers to game the system).

3). Enforcing strict control of those orders that do get rejected by reducing the 20% allowable non-reservation holder sales to 5%.

….However, 190,000 + “reservations” sure looks good to the press and the shareholders.
Sponsored