Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think that we are going to find that Ford both underestimated the initial demand and further underestimated the number of reservations that would be converted into orders by a large margin.

They realized their mistake far too late (around January when ordering went live). By March, the Webasto disaster was just becoming obvious to Ford. Far too late to really make the changes needed to make MY21 production targets.

We will be lucky to see more than 40,000 MY21 Broncos. I even think that is an optimistic estimate. I don't think that we can expect much more than 15,000 MIC tops, including the FE's. So that means that we will be lucky to see more than 8,000 2 door Broncos (depending on the split between 2 and 4 door MIC tops).

This is also the result of Ford not wanting to over invest in a new product line, only to end up with excess capacity and under utilized production capacity. Which seems to not be too far from the mark had they started at full production capacity in May. Unfortunately, there have been issues that have interfered with the ability to ramp up production.

Assuming that Ford has only 120,000 current orders in the system, they could run at 100% 2 shift capacity at 6 days/week for 30 weeks just to meet pre-production orders. I can't see this resolving anytime soon. It will be 4th quarter 2022 before production catches up.
They don't have a parking lot big enough, since they can build them but not ship them out.
Sponsored

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep.

This all could have been avoided or at least minimized by:

1). Limit Reservations to (est) 50% - 75% of max MY2021 production capacity.

2). Being upfront with dealers and not permitting zero-deposit orders (so built and delivered Bronco’s are not simply abandoned, dealers to game the system).

3). Enforcing strict control of those orders that do get rejected by reducing the 20% allowable non-reservation holder sales to 5%.

….However, 190,000 + “reservations” sure looks good to the press and the shareholders.
You may be right but considering the economy, most people are hanging on to what money they have. You might be a free spirit, not YOU personally, but jobs, masks, vaxx, feeding your family, paying a mortgage. Think Ford might be slowing down because of the harsh reality that people have a more pressing commitment? An order isn’t an order unless it’s financed or paid in full.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You may be right but considering the economy, most people are hanging on to what money they have. You might be a free spirit, not YOU personally, but jobs, masks, vaxx, feeding your family, paying a mortgage. Think Ford might be slowing down because of the harsh reality that people have a more pressing commitment? An order isn’t an order unless it’s financed or paid in full.
Maybe, but people with solid jobs are strapped with cash from not spending (traveling, vacationing) during the pandemic and those people and others have been receiving bulk cash that they normally wouldn’t have available.

Several rounds of Covid stimulus/aid pkgs totaling thousands, tax refunds, alibis/penalty forgiveness
for hardship/penalty-free 401(k) withdrawals, non-eviction rules. Add to that thousands extra in unemployment benefits that add up to more than regular jobs in a lot of cases, and now an extra $300 per month for each qualifying child.

A fresh round of Covid with the Delta variant is complicating people’s return to freedom and will once again force those pressing commitments, but all in all…..there’s a lot of cash available, and people have cleared a lot of debt during the past year and a half…..certainly not all, but some.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe, but people with solid jobs are strapped with cash from not spending (traveling, vacationing) during the pandemic and those people and others have been receiving bulk cash that they normally wouldn’t have available.

Several rounds of Covid stimulus/aid pkgs totaling thousands, tax refunds, alibis/penalty forgiveness
for hardship/penalty-free 401(k) withdrawals, non-eviction rules. Add to that thousands extra in unemployment benefits that add up to more than regular jobs in a lot of cases, and now an extra $300 per month for each qualifying child.

A fresh round of Covid with the Delta variant is complicating people’s return to freedom and will once again force those pressing commitments, but all in all…..there’s a lot of cash available, and people have cleared a lot of debt during the past year and a half…..certainly not all, but some.
wut?

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom 19955

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My bad…..was attempting to reply to a totally different post. Never mind, I’ll fix it or delete it. However, is wut a word? 🙂

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I concur. @DANGL3 if this hasn't been pointed out already a classic SUV is body-on-frame, like a truck. Crossovers on the other hand are unibody, like a car.
Bronco = truck
Bronco Sport = car
Oh I'm fully aware it's technically a truck - just my Texas roots/opinion I guess. But at the end of the day, the Bronco is a Sport Utility Vehicle in my book. It's no different than people debating whether it's called soda or pop (or in Texas, calling everything a Coke :cautious:).

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There always appears to be conflicting data…….how is anyone ever to know the truth?
https://www.npr.org/2021/04/30/9923...are-buying-everything-from-iphones-to-dresses
I guess keep looking if you want the truth.
It seems like they're looking at one or two months where people blew their stimulus wad and maxed out the credit card. 😂
Lots of negative numbers in current trends.

I admit Ford is obviously counting on a lot of people flush with cash to blow on a toy. (y)

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 11.41.45 AM

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep.

This all could have been avoided or at least minimized by:

1). Limit Reservations to (est) 50% - 75% of max MY2021 production capacity.

2). Being upfront with dealers and not permitting zero-deposit orders (so built and delivered Bronco’s are not simply abandoned, dealers to game the system).

3). Enforcing strict control of those orders that do get rejected by reducing the 20% allowable non-reservation holder sales to 5%.

….However, 190,000 + “reservations” sure looks good to the press and the shareholders.
"This all" is pretty darn good news from Ford's perspective. Your solution is for a problem that Ford doesn't view as a problem at all. Limiting reservations that significantly would have left a lot of passionate people without a reservation and a tie to the process.

It may have reduced angst in a small number of people, but it would have been counterproductive to the idea of getting people emotionally invested in the Bronco.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess keep looking if you want the truth.
It seems like they're looking at one or two months where people blew their stimulus wad and maxed out the credit card. 😂
Lots of negative numbers in current trends.

I admit Ford is obviously counting on a lot of people flush with cash to blow on a toy. (y)

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 11.41.45 AM
Perhaps they blew their mortgage money on a new vehicle since they had eviction protection. 🙂

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"This all" is pretty darn good news from Ford's perspective. Your solution is for a problem that Ford doesn't view as a problem at all. Limiting reservations that significantly would have left a lot of passionate people without a reservation and a tie to the process.

It may have reduced angst in a small number of people, but it would have been counterproductive to the idea of getting people emotionally invested in the Bronco.
I don’t disagree with you…. However, the way this has been handled demonstrates a disregard for the customer over hype. That isn’t the kind of thing a company that wants to build brand loyalty ought to do.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mortgage debt is "good" debt. Credit card and other unsecured debt is bad.

They can take your house and car from you, but its alot harder to get that $$$ back you blew on strippers and blow with your Credit card ;)
Sponsored