Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still waiting on my in store order to change on the reservation/order page on Ford. No vin, no production date, nada. But I got a poster and sticker to ease my frustration 🙄 I converted to an order 2/5

badlands
Lux
4door
Tow
MIC

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any rumors about a ‘business solution’ to MIC tops? example: buy soft top now, get MIC later for $X.
Zero chance because they can just sell as many soft tops as they want without any future credit as dealer inventory. No reason to promise anything to reservation holders. They know we aren't going anywhere.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@PREMiERdrum how accurate is the ETA Delivery date (specifically when you have no build date and stuck "in production")?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.
Does ford know about the soft top issue too with bar striping the paint off the bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

No direct connection to MAP, just a well-sourced guy.
During my 3 day demo, I found that the top flexed with ease when putting the top up and down causing the rub. There did not seem to be any bent hardware, just enough give laterally to cover the clearance gap.....no easy fix that I could see.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the update Ross.

With all this trouble with the MIC top, I wish Ford would give those with VIN that keep getting their build weeks pushed back an option to switch to soft top.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the continued updates. Seems like these days you’re the only one with any solid info. That said, what do you think the chances FMC ends up shipping 2 doors with soft tops with the continued debacle that is webasto?

Sponsored

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ron burgundy gif - I don't believe you.
I'll help you out @Techun

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom RON

I on the other hand believe primeredrum is giving us the most honest information he is given. But his sources may not be as honest as him.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From this forum I had learned about the issues with the hardtop. A few weeks ago I switched my order to soft top. Figured i could order one later. Like 2023 later. Still waiting for my email... Fingers crossed i will receive it between now or September...
Who is your dealer my SoCal brother?

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They shouldn't build another MIC top Bronco until every one siting on quality hold because of it have the top replaced to Ford's standards for release. This will also help those yet to be built know the quality issues have been addressed and their builds, at least the top, will be good.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the updates Ross!
It's sounding like a flood of dealer stock is coming.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum thanks for the updates good sir.

You say Saturdays will start 2 weeks earlier than the anticipated 9/11 date. I've been wondering why I was given a build day of Saturday 8/7.
Sponsored