Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I LOVE my truck ...
I LOVE you Ross, but please don't be one of those people who calls an SUV a truck (despite the official reasoning for fuel efficiency standards 🤪)...
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I LOVE you Ross, but please don't be one of those people who calls an SUV a truck (despite the official reasoning for fuel efficiency standards 🤪)...
Those people are correct, as is @PREMiERdrum 👍

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
During my 3 day demo, I found that the top flexed with ease when putting the top up and down causing the rub. There did not seem to be any bent hardware, just enough give laterally to cover the clearance gap.....no easy fix that I could see.

Adding a foam spacer to take up the lateral movement would fix that. Maybe not even foam...maybe a small block of plastic attached with 3M tape to the rails to take up slack.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve got a crazy idea here. It involves my truck that’s been sitting for over a month ACTUALLY GETTING FINISHED. If they start pumping 800 Broncos out a day and mine sits in a corner rotting any longer I’m going to loose my mind.
They have a production model for building new vehicles.

There apparently is no plan for 3000 plus vehicles that fail QC

They might just let them rot until my2021 is complete.
Just a guess but there’s nothing that indicates they know what to do.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does ford know about the soft top issue too with the bae striping the paint off the bronco
What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.
how can ford move forward with a top that is no good is there any chance we can get free modular tops in our choice of white or black when they become avaible . It’s sad cause I like the mic top but with all the issues it seems there’s no way to build a perfect mic top

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Adding a foam spacer to take up the lateral movement would fix that. Maybe not even foam...maybe a small block of plastic attached with 3M tape to the rails to take up slack.
I was thinking polyurethane or Delrin type of plastic... but yah, wouldn't a spacer keep it centered and away from the rollbar?

Peter

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would actually pay more for a soft top at this point since the mics seem to be trash and are why my truck is rotting 5 hours away on a lot
I would have said the same thing but now I know the soft tops are a PROBLEM also 😡

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking polyurethane or Delrin type of plastic... but yah, wouldn't a spacer keep it centered and away from the rollbar?

Peter
Delrin is tough to find anything to stick to it, but yeah, something like that would help keep it centered. HMW or UHMW PE or Urethane would work great.

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum how accurate is the ETA Delivery date (specifically when you have no build date and stuck "in production")?
My Blend was 6/24 and my "ETA" date is 7/9/21. So... I would say not accurate at all since I am still stuck in production as well.

Jnic815

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150, 00 WS6, 95 OBS Dually, 87 PETE 379
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

550 per shift is extremely high. Are they 8 or 10 hour shifts?

430 working minutes in an 8 hour shift would put their takt time around 45 seconds.

When I was a manufacturing engineer we shot for 1 vehicle a minute. Usually averaged about 400 a shift, and our plant was very efficient.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So as a 2 door order, first evening reservation with no build date as of yet, and a dealer with a small allocation, even at #4 on the list out of 18 allocations, I'm probably not going to see it this year am I???
😂😂😂😂…oh…you’re serious. We should all begin warming up to the phrase “2022 Bronco”

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Blend was 6/24 and my "ETA" date is 7/9/21. So... I would say not accurate at all since I am still stuck in production as well.

Damn. That is no good. Mine is coming soon on its 1 month of "in production" so know the feeling..
Sponsored