First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for all of your clarity and insight, Ross. The B6G community appreciates it!

Has anyone that was "in production" but not "built" or "shipped" received an update this week? 6/30, 7/12-7/19 groups? I was hoping to see a lot of updates and emails sent out during this shut down/clean-up week but I don't think I've literally seen one.....

All I have seen was a lot of false hope Monday with the ETA dates, that have now all since been removed. Disappointing week on top of a disappointing year LOL
Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for all of your clarity and insight, Ross. The B6G community appreciates it!

Has anyone that was "in production" but not "built" or "shipped" received an update this week? 6/30, 7/12-7/19 groups? I was hoping to see a lot of updates and emails sent out during this shut down/clean-up week but I don't think I've literally seen one.....

All I have seen was a lot of false hope Monday with the ETA dates, that have now all since been removed. Disappointing week on top of a disappointing year LOL
5 weeks and counting. I say not schedule any MIC untill they finish the ones they got...

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is awesome is my 76 year old father ordered one of those new electric Porsche Taycan thingies. It was built in Germany, shipped over here to the US. Ordered it early March. Estimated delivery date was June 12th, showed up may 28th.

Come on Ford. Get it together.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got my prizes from Ford today......still no update on when my bronco will be built or where it is in the process

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom 20210728_162410

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom 20210728_162404

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom 20210728_162358

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

During my 3 day demo, I found that the top flexed with ease when putting the top up and down causing the rub. There did not seem to be any bent hardware, just enough give laterally to cover the clearance gap.....no easy fix that I could see.
the easy fix would be to get some thick paint protection film and place it in the area near the hinged in the top. that way when the top flexed, it would contact the tape rather than the paint... a top that size will flex, especially if it is operated by one person...

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum I bet it can get frustrating to read some of the threads here knowing how hard you and your fellow workers at MAP are working to get these Broncos out the door.

So just wanted to drop a big thank you to you and everyone else there. Has it been a great launch? nope but none of the issues are on you guys there, I am confident any issues will get worked out and Broncos will be delivered and all will be happy, then it will be quiet and hopefully you all will get the deserved appreciation for all the hard work.
I haven't seen anyone here upset with Ross or the hard working folks on the line at MAP. Quite the contrary actually. It's the Brass at Ford (and Wabasto) people are frustrated with.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is awesome is my 76 year old father ordered one of those new electric Porsche Taycan thingies. It was built in Germany, shipped over here to the US. Ordered it early March. Estimated delivery date was June 12th, showed up may 28th.

Come on Ford. Get it together.
But supply chain. Also did you know there was a global pandemic?

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't seen anyone here upset with Ross or the hard working folks on the line at MAP. Quite the contrary actually. It's the Brass at Ford (and Wabasto) people are frustrated with.
This. The engineers and line workers knew the Focus/Fiesta DCT was a complete lie. They screamed to upper management. They didn’t care. They’re the ones people are upset with this time too, not everyone else.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is a great question as it ultimately impacts how many impacted until can repair and clear. I'd rather have six people and a thousand good tops doing the repairs than 100 people and 100 good tops.

Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a great question as it ultimately impacts how many impacted until can repair and clear. I'd rather have six people and a thousand good tops doing the repairs than 100 people and 100 good tops.
How many “good” hard tops have been made at all yet?

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How many “good” hard tops have been made at all yet?
Doesn't sound like very many, just that some people were lucky to have their Bronco escape MAP before Ford figured it out. I'm sure they don't want to absorb the shipping costs sending roofs all over the US to be replaced at a later date hence here we sit.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Doesn't sound like very many, just that some people were lucky to have their Bronco escape MAP before Ford figured it out.
I’ve got serious doubt about the combination of Ford’s design and the ability of the personnel/tooling at Webasto to make this top at all. I think if it were doable it would have been done by now, especially after Ford’s takeover earlier in the year. I’d love to be wrong but I think that Ford just transitions to the MOD top ASAP and forgets this one as quick as they can.