First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/2/21 in production, with no update until today- I’m looking into keep wranglerE as an alternative, similar price with incentives
I’m also 7/2. What update did you get today?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.
To me, this sounds like maybe they got the Webasto bullshit sorted out...? But maybe still in limited numbers....
I think a LOT of trucks in holding will also need new hard tops.

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum I bet it can get frustrating to read some of the threads here knowing how hard you and your fellow workers at MAP are working to get these Broncos out the door.

So just wanted to drop a big thank you to you and everyone else there. Has it been a great launch? nope but none of the issues are on you guys there, I am confident any issues will get worked out and Broncos will be delivered and all will be happy, then it will be quiet and hopefully you all will get the deserved appreciation for all the hard work.
Ross @PREMiERdrum, is not a MAP worker, just a very well informed forum member. Thought I would clarify, as he has been asked this question a number of times and "I bet it can get frustrating"(see what I did there..Haha)having to restate it time and again. Just playin.

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your optimism is impressive!

I figure much closer to 55,000, and that's with relatively few interruptions or slow downs giving 16 weeks of full-ish production with 60-65% Bronco ratio before MY22 switchover. Basically 14-15,000 per month.

I also expect there to be slow downs/stoppages for parts constraints - and hopefully not COVID.
I guess for once....I am trying to be an optimist.

Sponsored

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for all of your clarity and insight, Ross. The B6G community appreciates it!

Has anyone that was "in production" but not "built" or "shipped" received an update this week? 6/30, 7/12-7/19 groups? I was hoping to see a lot of updates and emails sent out during this shut down/clean-up week but I don't think I've literally seen one.....

All I have seen was a lot of false hope Monday with the ETA dates, that have now all since been removed. Disappointing week on top of a disappointing year LOL
My order was in production on 7/13 (and built per my dealer) and there it remains. No comms other than the estimated delivery miscommunication, which I haven't yet seen an explanation for (although, it's certainly possible I missed the post if there was one).

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve got serious doubt about the combination of Ford’s design and the ability of the personnel/tooling at Webasto to make this top at all. I think if it were doable it would have been done by now, especially after Ford’s takeover earlier in the year. I’d love to be wrong but I think that Ford just transitions to the MOD top ASAP and forgets this one as quick as they can.
I haven't jumped off MIC yet, but I wish Ford would just stick a fork in it then I will have no problem changing my order to softtop and move on for future options, but until that happens I am standing my ground and not lose out on whatever new flavor of bribery Ford offers.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any stranded (blend 7/2 or earlier) getting past “In Production “ status?

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum will the Bronco wave be a thing? You're the only one I trust for this info.
I plan on the "hold the reins in the left hand, whip the lasso in the right" move when I start passing other Big Broncos on the road.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
But supply chain. Also did you know there was a global pandemic?
The biggest pandemic at Ford was Jim "the hatchet" Hackett. It will take a few years to unscrew his "management". Hope Ford can weather that storm.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me, this sounds like maybe they got the Webasto bullshit sorted out...? But maybe still in limited numbers....
I think a LOT of trucks in holding will also need new hard tops.
Webasto is: Fords 2021 Navistar 6.0L.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ross @PREMiERdrum, is not a MAP worker, just a very well informed forum member. Thought I would clarify, as he has been asked this question a number of times and "I bet it can get frustrating"(see what I did there..Haha)having to restate it time and again. Just playin.

hahaha well played.. and thanks for the information see what happens when I ASSume

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Broncodave

Black Diamond