Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you PREMiERdrum for passing along the info. I find myself going down the negative Nancy but not quite Karen level of despair as one of the builds from last week stuck in QC.

@PREMiERdrum I second the question of is there any plan of attack for the backlog of built units stuck in QC? I am thinking the bulk is MIC related, ramping up production will only add the backlog.
I gotta think they wouldn't ramp up production with Webasto issues still prevelant. The question is, can Webasto meet line production numbers AND provide for replacements for the hundreds and hundreds of parked Bronco's?
With this scenerio, I feel better about not yet having a VIN for my 2 door Squatched Badlands.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta think they wouldn't ramp up production with Webasto issues still prevelant. The question is, can Webasto meet line production numbers AND provide for replacements for the hundreds and hundreds of parked Bronco's?
With this scenerio, I feel better about not yet having a VIN for my 2 door Squatched Badlands.
Agreed. Ford wont come out and say we are F'd. Ford does have a fairly limited number it needs right now though. They have already basically said no more hardtops with the soft tops getting the hardtop plumbing/wiring or at the very least reading between the lines hard tops going forward will be very limited. So they have the limited number that have VIN's now and the FE's.

If they dont address the hundreds of parked bronco's that will turn into thousands if they dont put it in gear to get them moving.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To add to this, dealer just told me an announcement is coming next week on Bronco, any idea what it could be?
I'm actually betting on some "start of full production" announcement. It's momentous. And would carry no answers for any questions.

That said, it's worth celebrating.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s hilarious, dealerships know nothing, but they do know SOME news is coming next week!
I'm actually betting on some "start of full production" announcement. It's momentous. And would carry no answers for any questions.

I'll celebrate when someone can tell me where my truck is. I am sitting IN PRODUCTION since 6/18.
There are to many of us sitting in purgatory to celebrate a full ramp-up for new vehicles.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are to many of us sitting in purgatory to celebrate a full ramp-up for new vehicles.
While I hear you, and acknowledge it sucks, the 97% of order holders whose rigs haven't been built yet would disagree. Moving to full production is a big milestone in this process. Hope yours rolls out of MAP asap and you can get it on (and off) the road.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I hear you, and acknowledge it sucks, the 97% of order holders whose rigs haven't been built yet would disagree. Moving to full production is a big milestone in this process. Hope yours rolls out of MAP asap and you can get it on (and off) the road.
I am not looking for agreement, just stating my thoughts. Appreciate it, hope it gets rolling too, but for the 97%, I hope they tell me what caused the delay, so everyone, all 100% of us, know some of the QC fails before this full ramp-up takes place.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@PREMiERdrum I second the question of is there any plan of attack for the backlog of built units stuck in QC? I am thinking the bulk is MIC related, ramping up production will only add the backlog.
There had been some info that a few transports were en-route to MAP with tops. That being said, I have no clue how many tops can be fit in a transport, so this may simply be staring at the sun.

Does it have anything to do with staying pumped?
Rock stars drink Rockstar. Rockstar pumps you up. 1+1=2 :cool:
On the plus side, that saved you the trouble of complaining about whatever information would have been in any email communications during July.
So that's a positive, Ford saved you time!

I'll celebrate when someone can tell me where my truck is. I am sitting IN PRODUCTION since 6/18.
There's nothing wrong with sitting in status "in production". Once you get a vin and they allocate parts to your VIN, you go "in production". Your rig can't leave that status until it's fully built to the content of the VIN so if any part was missing/back-ordered then you would sit "in production".

Our '19 Ranger sat "in production" for 3 months because of a TSB on the external door keypad. The parts issue hit in week 6 of production, so we were in production 5.5 months total. That was while MAP was making/delivering thousands of trucks a month.

It happens. If they finished your rig without full parts content and forced you to deal with the dealership to sort out whatever was missing then you would be proper pissed. As-is, you're just pissed because they use quality control measures to ensure you get what you are paying for. Not really so bad on the spectrum of things.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least full on production for soft tops .When is the next down week?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least full on production for soft tops .When is the next down week?

Sponsored

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes, I anticipate some announcement of ā€œfull goā€ production. Stay pumped! Oh wait, used that one. Stay tuned! Used that too, dang. Here. We. Go. Again. Hmm not what weā€™re looking for. Stay classy? Might be trademarked. Letā€™s just stick with we appreciate your patience and the Broncos are coming. Already used that. I know, just press send.

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if negative , but what happens to the Broncos sitting ( my soft top since 7/15 and scores dating back to June) once MAP is at full output? Iā€™ve not heard about a mass output of shipping emails this week so assuming just continue to stack on the back end awaiting the reported additional QC? Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m all about extra QC. I want mine right more than I want it right now, but seems like conflicting directions here? Build full tilt; donā€™t ship until the extra QC. Howā€™s this all work together without ba total cluster-f!?
Sponsored