First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@PREMiERdrum you suggest that there may be several more dead weeks ahead of no scheduling, which is not surprising.

If you had to guess, what do you think the reasonable range of Broncos produced for MY21 would be (min-max)?

Also, do you feel that those who have a VIN number should expect to be built this year, or are even people who have a VIN at risk of not seeing their Bronco?

Thanks

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

550/shift X 2 shifts/day X 5 days/week X 10 weeks = 55,000 Broncos and Rangers
55,000 vehicles X 60 % = 33,000 Broncos

550/shift X 2 shifts/day X 6 days/week X 10 weeks = 66,000 Broncos and Rangers
66,000 vehicles X 60 % = 39,600 Broncos

These are at the low end from the numbers provided...feeling down as a July 14th, 5AM reservation holder.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

These are at the low end from the numbers provided...feeling down as a July 14th, 5AM reservation holder.
and i would assume at least 75% of those will be 4 door Big bend soft tops.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This, a hundred times over.

PREMiERdrum does not work for Ford, nor he is getting paid by Ford....
Like most I've been following his post to stay well informed. But through those, it also seems to be clear that unless he has 14 jobs, Ford is not one of them.

So I have to ask, how is someone who doesn't even work for Ford have so much insight?

Or are we not supposed to talk about fight club?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Like most I've been following his post to stay well informed. But through those, it also seems to be clear that unless he has 14 jobs, Ford is not one of them.

So I have to ask, how is someone who doesn't even work for Ford have so much insight?

Or are we not supposed to talk about fight club?
He has posted the backstory a few times.
Not quite, but I spent 12 years as a journalist and did lots of Auto Industry work. I'm still fairly well-sourced in Dearborn.
In a past life that was absolutely my dream job. I spent 12 years working as a journalist (mainly in editorial for tv news, with a bunch of freelance auto industry writing along the way) and when Mike made the move from pickuptrucks.com to Ford I was ready to jump. A few years later, I'm running comms for a civil rights nonprofit, teaching HS percussion, and own 2 businesses with my wife. Life is great, and I'm glad to be able to share with this community here.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

And these don’t include the impact future delta restrictions and/or exposures could have on the plant

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He has posted the backstory a few times.
Ah..so he's the wiki leaks of Bronco's...got it. I was thinking the Significant other may have been the source but I didn't want to draw alot of attention...we know (or don't know) what happened to stig!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One day closer to Sept 13.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah..so he's the wiki leaks of Bronco's...got it. I was thinking the Significant other may have been the source but I didn't want to draw alot of attention...we know (or don't know) what happened to stig!
he's PremierSnowden

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum thanks for your updates. Can’t wait to hear what the hardtop resolution is and what that means for future production.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he's PremierSnowden
I don’t think Ross will have to flee to Russia anytime soon, because he’s not burning bridges with the Mothership. 😉

AMICHDEC

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe they’ll allow softtop ordering with Wildtrak. I really don’t want to change my trim so I can get it sooner.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ya, I am not feeling confident that the numbers will even be that high, especially if we have two or more weeks where they do shutdowns and constraints. I am thinking that it may be as few as 25,000 if these shenanigans continue. I guess, to reframe my question...

I should have asked, how many reservations that were converted to orders are likely to be satisfied by MY21 production? Obviously many builds are not being selected due to constraint items. I wish we knew how many VINs had been assigned to date.

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update 7/30:

Some notes:

- The 550 per shift total production target doesn't mean they'll be producing that many every available day from now thru December. We aren't going to see 65,000(or 55,000, or even 45,000) MY21 Broncos... and if we did there would be a HUGE number of soft top stock units heading out. There could be as many as 3 more weeks of downtime scheduled before the end of the MY21 run, along with balance adjustments and slowdowns to deal with commodity issues.

- MAP has been clearing the traced units backlog this week so I have to believe some of you will be seeing your trucks soon. I wouldn't expect the tracker to update in this situation but your dealer will get a pre-delivery notice.

- Looks like we're getting closer to a resolution on the MIC roof issues. That's all I can say.

What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.
Thanks again for the tremendous info. We are all grateful for keeping us future Bronco owners informed.
Sponsored