Sponsored

UPDATE: Accessories from ford site, dealer pickup? Stay away from accessories.ford.com

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone ordered parts from accessories.ford.com and opted for dealer pickup?

My first order for my Bronco Sport I had shipped fedex to my home and it only took a couple days.

The second one I had shipped to the dealer thinking it might help them out. Mistake.

It's been over a week since they were shipped and there's still no word. The online chat says all they see is 'shipped' and no tracking info.
The dealer says they're not involved with online orders at all and I'll get an email when they arrive to come pick them up.... Which is opposite what online said, that when you do dealer pickup the dealer handles the order.
If they shipped over a week ago, and they're coming from within the US, they should be here by now. Unless they were in a train wreck or something. But I can't get any info from anyone on it. Frustrating.

Won't be doing dealer pickup again simply for no tracking and no assistance from online or dealer with figuring out where the stuff went.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't get me started on dealer's parts department. Granted my dealer was GREAT for the entire Bronco ordering / buying process. Nothing but props. Decided to use my FordPass points towards the Trail Armor for the pinch welds. Figured I'd order from them. Their price was HIGHER than retail. So I got the $259 trail armor for my Ford Pass Point (@ $210 worth) and $100 on top. 3% fee for paying on the phone with a card.

On top of that - ordered them last week. Parts guy told me 1-2 days. Heard nothing all week - called this morning, he told me "Somehow the guy who put the order in, didn't confirm it. So they didn't get ordered. SUPPOSEDLY I'll have them by the end of the week.

Guess that's on me. Never again.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't get me started on dealer's parts department. Granted my dealer was GREAT for the entire Bronco ordering / buying process. Nothing but props. Decided to use my FordPass points towards the Trail Armor for the pinch welds. Figured I'd order from them. Their price was HIGHER than retail. So I got the $259 trail armor for my Ford Pass Point (@ $210 worth) and $100 on top. 3% fee for paying on the phone with a card.

On top of that - ordered them last week. Parts guy told me 1-2 days. Heard nothing all week - called this morning, he told me "Somehow the guy who put the order in, didn't confirm it. So they didn't get ordered. SUPPOSEDLY I'll have them by the end of the week.

Guess that's on me. Never again.
Yeah. I needed the LED for the alarm system. Online kept forcing 'include installation' on for $40 more.
So i went to local dealership where I got the Bronco. MSRP $15. They wanted $23.95.

.... There should be no doubt in any dealership person's mind, why people don't like dealerships.

Why can't I ever be next to one of the ones that gives discounts and likes having customers.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh look. Today the online chat for accessories says the order has NOT shipped yet.

Man, can Ford get anything right? These parts are in stock according to them.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered several things from the website and opted for dealer pickup and it did great. Saved me shipping fees to the house too. Shipped and arrived quickly and in great condition. Also ordered online with ship to dealer options for parts they were going to install. Buying from ford direct allowed me to use their discounts available on the website which the dealership couldn’t match.

Will do it again if necessary.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered several things from the website and opted for dealer pickup and it did great. Saved me shipping fees to the house too. Shipped and arrived quickly and in great condition. Also ordered online with ship to dealer options for parts they were going to install. Buying from ford direct allowed me to use their discounts available on the website which the dealership couldn’t match.

Will do it again if necessary.
Glad you got your parts.

Meanwhile mine have disappeared and no one can tell me any details. They were magically shipped then not shipped.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got your parts.

Meanwhile mine have disappeared and no one can tell me any details. They were magically shipped then not shipped.
I’m fortunate I guess in that I’ve got a solid dealership. Seems to be the most important part of the process. Fingers crossed your order arrives soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've now opened a dispute with my credit card. Neither online nor dealer can tell me if they've shipped or not shipped or if they shipped where the package is, etc. Different people at the Ford accessories have told me different things. One says they shipped, the next says they didn't, the next says they can't actually tell and says to call the dealer. The dealer says they have nothing to do with it and just receive the things when they come in.
And these items are still showing to the dealer as in stock.

The two orders I had shipped directly to me both arrived in 2 days with regular shipping. It's only this going to the dealer stuff that they can't track and no one takes responsibility for.

I've had enough.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer pickup thing is horrible for both parties. Stuff shows up with a VIN on it, not like every other part that comes in the back that's either tagged with a special order number or part of a replenishment/stock order. It happened to us and no one knew who it was for, who ordered it until the customer showed up and asked if it was here.

I was told by someone they are going to make more items dealer pickup because they are getting murdered by shipping. This isn't supposed to happen until later this year but my suggestion is to have it delivered to your home/business for now or make sure someone in your dealer's parts department knows to watch for it.

Understand the reason for sending to the dealer but it doesn't work like the normal receipting process parts departments are used to. We supposedly had a set of DIO tube doors show up and no one knows who they're for, have to get in contact with our FAD...

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had planned to go the dealer pick up route for some items but apparently this isn't an option for all dealers. My local dealer where I got my BL is just down the road 10 miles is not eligible however there are several other dealers an hour or two away that are eligible.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered a roof rack and extra cross bar from my dealer back in Feb, and I'm still waiting for it.
Last week, I ordered door sill plates and some molle bags online and they showed up at home in 2 days.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer pickup thing is horrible for both parties. Stuff shows up with a VIN on it, not like every other part that comes in the back that's either tagged with a special order number or part of a replenishment/stock order. It happened to us and no one knew who it was for, who ordered it until the customer showed up and asked if it was here.

I was told by someone they are going to make more items dealer pickup because they are getting murdered by shipping. This isn't supposed to happen until later this year but my suggestion is to have it delivered to your home/business for now or make sure someone in your dealer's parts department knows to watch for it.

Understand the reason for sending to the dealer but it doesn't work like the normal receipting process parts departments are used to. We supposedly had a set of DIO tube doors show up and no one knows who they're for, have to get in contact with our FAD...
I hate just showing up at the parts department to check. But 99% of the time they won't answer the phone.

Finally got someone to answer today only to be told they only have one person that deals with those orders and he's at launch call back later because the guy that answered the phone does not have access to online orders.

Yet when I was in there on Monday it was a lady that looked up my order and found it but said the parts hadn't arrived... So I guess more than just the guy at lunch can access it, contrary to what I was just told.

Oddly the only parts of this dealership I've had great experiences with, are the sales guys.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've now opened a dispute with my credit card. Neither online nor dealer can tell me if they've shipped or not shipped or if they shipped where the package is, etc. Different people at the Ford accessories have told me different things. One says they shipped, the next says they didn't, the next says they can't actually tell and says to call the dealer. The dealer says they have nothing to do with it and just receive the things when they come in.
And these items are still showing to the dealer as in stock.

The two orders I had shipped directly to me both arrived in 2 days with regular shipping. It's only this going to the dealer stuff that they can't track and no one takes responsibility for.

I've had enough.
I'll be disputing my charge next week. Same runaround with an accessory ordered for dealer pickup. Still hasn't shipped from the warehouse even though the CSR said that in-stock items ship within 48 hours. I tried to reason with them that since it hadn't shipped yet, that maybe they could change the shipping direct to my home instead of dealer pickup. She suggested that to do so, I would have to place another order with shipping to my home and then just refuse the original order at the dealer which would then be shipped back to the warehouse.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be disputing my charge next week. Same runaround with an accessory ordered for dealer pickup. Still hasn't shipped from the warehouse even though the CSR said that in-stock items ship within 48 hours. I tried to reason with them that since it hadn't shipped yet, that maybe they could change the shipping direct to my home instead of dealer pickup. She suggested that to do so, I would have to place another order with shipping to my home and then just refuse the original order at the dealer which would then be shipped back to the warehouse.
And the discount code is one time use and has already been used, so you lose it. Yup.

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it definitely depends on the dealer. I ordered floor liners using points and picked them up 24 hours later. Paid for and out of there in less than 3 minutes. Even with this positive experience, I would rather order to my home.
Sponsored