Sponsored

UPDATE: Accessories from ford site, dealer pickup? Stay away from accessories.ford.com

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called the service dept. at my dealer about getting some graphics ordered/installed.
He recommended I order them online.
I tried ordering them from accessories.ford.com, and my only option was to have them delivered to the dealership AND schedule the install online at time of purchase (otherwise you could not complete the purchase).
When selecting an install date/time for my dealership, there were dates that were not available (which would make you think they had some connection to the service department schedule).
I selected May 23rd at 7:00 AM.

A few days after I placed the order (May 16th), and not being one to put much faith in automated systems, I called the service department I had scheduled at time of order.
They confirmed that my graphics had in fact already arrived and they had me down for May 23rd at 7:00 AM (Success!).

On May 22nd, I called back, just to make sure everything was still a go.
At this point, I was told they had no idea what I was talking about, I did not have an appointment, and they weren't even sure if they had the graphics.
They also told me they sub out all graphics jobs to a third party, and he was unavailable.
At one point, during this fiasco, I received a text message from someone at the dealership, telling me I would need to contact the subcontractor myself and schedule this with him. (Are you kidding me???). They also complained to me about how stupid it was that the accessories site scheduled appointments for them (not my problem, or my plan).

Long story a little less long... They ended up getting the subcontractor on the phone while I was on the phone and set an appointment for May 31st at 7 AM.
I took the day off work and dropped my Bronco off at 7 AM sharp.
Late in the afternoon, they emailed me to say they had the wrong graphics (turned out that was incorrect).
Later, they told me the installer was not available, and again suggested I reach out to him directly. (Going so far as to also say, the installer had told ME he could not do it on the 31st, which was an outright lie).
I did end up speaking with him directly at that point, as the service department could not seem to get their stuff together.
He was actually a very nice guy, and the only one who offered an apology for the mixups (even though it wasn't his fault). He did say that he told the Service department he would not be available on the 31st, but they never let me know.
Between the two of us, we made a plan for him to install the graphics at the dealership at 6:30 AM on 6/1.
He did a great job, and once it was all said and done, the service manager did offer an apology.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the OEM canvas shade top when I placed my Bronco order. The top didn’t arrive with the Bronco like the optional door/ roof bags did. I had to keep contacting the dealer for a month until they showed.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using the Ford Pass points was a pain for me. Tried to give my dealer the business - they did a GREAT job on our order / sales / info / delivery / price - all great. Their parts department is a nightmare. I ordered the Trail armor rocker panel covers. $259 RETAIL on Ford's website. I had $220 worth of points. I call in, order it, they transfer me to the cashier (the way they told me I needed to do it) she puts in the invoice - and tells me "Okay the balance is $105." WTF? Turns out their price was almost $100 MORE THAN FORD RETAIL.

THEN to top it off - guy told me "It shows in stock, it'll be here in a day or two." They were supposed to call me when it came in. A week passes. Nothing. I call in - turns out the "other parts person" supposedly didn't "Confirm the order".

So finally it comes in. I get there, it takes TWO Different people to find it. It's a BIG, long box. Really? I literally spotted it when I walked up to the counter. Guy told me "That's not it." Turns out it was.

Then their parts mgr comes up as my sales guy spots me. I tell me sales guy straight up that they will definitely get business from me on the sales side, but I would never deal with the parts dept. This guy hears me and gets an attitude. When I mention that he charged me MORE Than Ford retail for the part - he disputed that. I showed him the Ford website on my phone.

I had asked one of the parts guys to look up a part # - while I was waiting in line - and he tells me it's an "invalid #". I repeated it. He tells me it's "not a valid number". I LITERALLY show him on my phone, the exact same part #, in my order history from Fairway Ford Parts - and he tried to say "That must not be a Ford part."

Another person finds it on lookup - then quotes me a prices $150 MORE than I paid SHIPPED from Fairway. When I mentioned what I paid - the guy says "It ain't a Ford part for that price."

So YMMV with dealers and even different departments in the same dealer.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using the Ford Pass points was a pain for me. Tried to give my dealer the business - they did a GREAT job on our order / sales / info / delivery / price - all great. Their parts department is a nightmare. I ordered the Trail armor rocker panel covers. $259 RETAIL on Ford's website. I had $220 worth of points. I call in, order it, they transfer me to the cashier (the way they told me I needed to do it) she puts in the invoice - and tells me "Okay the balance is $105." WTF? Turns out their price was almost $100 MORE THAN FORD RETAIL.

THEN to top it off - guy told me "It shows in stock, it'll be here in a day or two." They were supposed to call me when it came in. A week passes. Nothing. I call in - turns out the "other parts person" supposedly didn't "Confirm the order".

So finally it comes in. I get there, it takes TWO Different people to find it. It's a BIG, long box. Really? I literally spotted it when I walked up to the counter. Guy told me "That's not it." Turns out it was.

Then their parts mgr comes up as my sales guy spots me. I tell me sales guy straight up that they will definitely get business from me on the sales side, but I would never deal with the parts dept. This guy hears me and gets an attitude. When I mention that he charged me MORE Than Ford retail for the part - he disputed that. I showed him the Ford website on my phone.

I had asked one of the parts guys to look up a part # - while I was waiting in line - and he tells me it's an "invalid #". I repeated it. He tells me it's "not a valid number". I LITERALLY show him on my phone, the exact same part #, in my order history from Fairway Ford Parts - and he tried to say "That must not be a Ford part."

Another person finds it on lookup - then quotes me a prices $150 MORE than I paid SHIPPED from Fairway. When I mentioned what I paid - the guy says "It ain't a Ford part for that price."

So YMMV with dealers and even different departments in the same dealer.
Yeah, I made that same mistake too on a much smaller scale. I wanted the LED for the security system. $15 on the accessories site. BUT it's forcing installation at $40. So I go to the local dealer to see if I can get just the LED. Sure, and it's in stock at the dealer! I'll take it.

Ok that'll be $28.

Sponsored