Sponsored

(UPDATE-COMMON 2.7L ISSUE, NO OFFICIAL FORD COMMENT) Dealership service department says Bronco 2.7L takes 6 quarts of oil (not 7 quarts per manual)

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First oil change at 1224 miles. I left it sitting for 30min or so after a warm up, pulled the plug, swapped out the filter with a Motorcraft element. Poured in 6qts, checked the stick after 10min and it was at the low end added one more qt (7th) figuring I could drain some out if needed as I installed a Ronin easy drain plug. I then did the "Prime" function and let it sit for another 10min. At this point the oil level was just below the Full mark on dipstick. I have subsequently checked the oil level 4 times after a few hundred miles. I think the key as noted in another video posted is waiting. It takes time for a complete oil drain, manual states waiting 10min before checking the level.
Lucky! I got mine to full operating temp and shut it down, removed the element, opened the fill cap, and let nearly 7 quarts drain for much longer than they needed to (not even a drop was dripping when I installed the new drain plug). Replaced element, added 6 quarts...ran it to operating temp, shut it down for over an hour, and it was at the full mark with only 6 (as other have shared). When was your build date?
Sponsored

Samsquanch75

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch 4dr, 2018 4Runner TRD OffRd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lucky! I got mine to full operating temp and shut it down, removed the element, opened the fill cap, and let nearly 7 quarts drain for much longer than they needed to (not even a drop was dripping when I installed the new drain plug). Replaced element, added 6 quarts...ran it to operating temp, shut it down for over an hour, and it was at the full mark with only 6 (as other have shared). When was your build date?
Mine was built in October.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was built in October.
Early September for me...it would be interesting if we can find a pattern with build dates and inaccurate oil levels. I wouldn't put it past Ford to address the issue silently and skip the TSB (or provide an accurate oil measuring update/necessary adjustments) altogether. I am glad that yours works as it should! If you get a chance, can you snap a pic of the numbers on your dipstick and share?
Sponsored