First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is an update to my previous thread about my hard top splitting near the side windows in the back. Ford approved my warranty claim, and the new hard top was installed today! Very pleased with this warranty experience, though not happy that I had to deal with it to begin with. But if your hard top is splitting, I hope you all get the same treatment.

Original thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-hard-top-2-0-cracking.61111/

Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty IMG_20230105_165103
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford approved my warranty claim, and the new hard top was installed today!
Congrats on getting good warranty service. I presume this was a MIC 2.0 top, not one of the early MIC tops which had all sorts of problems?

Given the delay on 2DR orders because of the MIC top, curious how long it took to get a replacement top?

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an update to my previous thread about my hard top splitting near the side windows in the back. Ford approved my warranty claim, and the new hard top was installed today! Very pleased with this warranty experience, though not happy that I had to deal with it to begin with. But if your hard top is splitting, I hope you all get the same treatment.

Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty IMG_20230105_165103
I’m glad they’re doing their best to make it right

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they replace the entire top? If they replaced just the rear, did the color match up? Glad it worked out for you!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Surprising. Given the recent thread about a guy who rolled his Bronco 6 times and the hard top suffered only some scuff marks.

A clear-cut case of ”manufacturer defect” if ever I saw one. (and obviously, Ford agrees)

Sponsored

A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2022 Bronco, 2023 Bronco, 1989
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Hope yours works better than mine. I have 4 door, Ford sent out 2 engineers over a 6 moth period they replaced 2 of 3 panels. ( I have 3 different colored panels!) Road noise is 10 times worse that it was before and water still comes in when washing it! Ford sending another engineer to look at mine on the 11th. Laughably they claim mine is only one of a handful that this is happening too, they must think we are stupid! I actually love the Bronco just want a hard top that stops water from coming in.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats on getting good warranty service. I presume this was a MIC 2.0 top, not one of the early MIC tops which had all sorts of problems?

Given the delay on 2DR orders because of the MIC top, curious how long it took to get a replacement top?
Thank you! Correct, this is a MIC 2.0 top. I went to the dealership to report the issue December 13, and had it replaced today.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did they replace the entire top? If they replaced just the rear, did the color match up? Glad it worked out for you!
Thank you! I believe it was just the rear. They took the glass from my old rear top and implanted it into the new top. I am picking it up tomorrow so I will let you know if there is any weird coloring of it.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Surprising. Given the recent thread about a guy who rolled his Bronco 6 times and the hard top suffered only some scuff marks.

A clear-cut case of ”manufacturer defect” if ever I saw one. (and obviously, Ford agrees)
That's incredibly impressive. Hopefully this one lasts longer than 2 months lmao.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope yours works better than mine. I have 4 door, Ford sent out 2 engineers over a 6 moth period they replaced 2 of 3 panels. ( I have 3 different colored panels!) Road noise is 10 times worse that it was before and water still comes in when washing it! Ford sending another engineer to look at mine on the 11th. Laughably they claim mine is only one of a handful that this is happening too, they must think we are stupid! I actually love the Bronco just want a hard top that stops water from coming in.
That's insane. I hope mine doesn't have a tri-color going on after this. I had issues with water leakage as well which I think helped expedite my hard top replacement process. Sad that the only other replacement is a $6k aftermarket solution.

Sponsored

A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2022 Bronco, 2023 Bronco, 1989
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's insane. I hope mine doesn't have a tri-color going on after this. I had issues with water leakage as well which I think helped expedite my hard top replacement process. Sad that the only other replacement is a $6k aftermarket solution.
I hate to say it but I am hoping to get them to give me some money so I can buy the AFC hard top. It cannot be any worse than what I have. Again love the bronco but dang the hard top is killing me!

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any pictures of the top before it was replaced? Need to know what to look for...