Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What outside source could have possibly done that? That's ridiculous
Exactly what I said. They said it was from an impact, which absolutely never happened. Wouldn't the glass have cracked/shattered on impact first?
Sponsored

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly what I said. They said it was from an impact, which absolutely never happened. Wouldn't the glass have cracked/shattered on impact first?
Did they go to Ford or did the dealership itself stop it in it's tracks?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely, they are not losing anything. They charge back the costs to the manufacturer of the top and then the top manufacturer just keeps increasing their prices which in turn Ford raises their prices of the Bronco so......yah. We ultimately pay the price in the long run. I am sure Ford has a contracted price with that company but each year those contracts are negotiated and the price typically goes up.
I am not an expert on this but in 30 years of manufacturing, this is typically how it works.
Have a great Friday!!
kinda true - suppliers to Ford are locked in on prices for the duration of the program, not every year. Not until the bronco changes from U725 to the next program can the suppler renegotiate

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent mine into the dealer to review my cracking hardtop. It was denied because it was "from an outside source."

Makes zero sense.
deleted - found the answer further down the thread

Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is doing the same thing. drivers side window only.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading this thread I went out to look at mine. That’s the driver’s side also.
CDB84A6F-301F-4FFE-A789-F5179DA647FB.jpeg

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most likely, they are not losing anything. They charge back the costs to the manufacturer of the top and then the top manufacturer just keeps increasing their prices which in turn Ford raises their prices of the Bronco so......yah. We ultimately pay the price in the long run. I am sure Ford has a contracted price with that company but each year those contracts are negotiated and the price typically goes up.
I am not an expert on this but in 30 years of manufacturing, this is typically how it works.
Have a great Friday!!
Thanks for update.

I really wonder if Ford is considering a fixed roof/door version of the Bronco to alleviate this fiasco. I bet you 60% of buyers would opt for a non removable roof if it meant less road noise/wind/no leaks/etc.

And no, not the Sport... ;)

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going in for the TSB on the 5th/6th synchro's...now this, on top of my map lights/window & mirror controllers being dead (after TSB on A-pillar). Love Ford quality ;)

20230108_115316.jpg

20230108_115406.jpg

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed!

Sponsored

Bu¢kWild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From posts here in B6g a large %, maybe majority will never remove the MIC top - including me

Would be great if Ford offered another option - continuous metal-body non-removable hardtop w power sun-roof
I'd pay extra

Bronco Top Priorities
1. Reliability
2. Durability
3. Reliability
4. Durability
5. Reliability
6. Durability
. . .
. . .
They do build a rig with non removable roofs and with extra seating.... Explorer, expedition😜
And we all know how good they've been lately

Last edited:

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They do build a rig with non removable roofs and with extra seating.... Explorer, expedition😜
And we all know how good they've been lately
If any of those came with a manual transmission I would buy one. Thats really the only reason I’ve been waiting 2+ years for my Bronco.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope yours works better than mine. I have 4 door, Ford sent out 2 engineers over a 6 moth period they replaced 2 of 3 panels. ( I have 3 different colored panels!) Road noise is 10 times worse that it was before and water still comes in when washing it! Ford sending another engineer to look at mine on the 11th. Laughably they claim mine is only one of a handful that this is happening too, they must think we are stupid! I actually love the Bronco just want a hard top that stops water from coming in.
They told me same thing, (we are not having a problem),I told them I read the forums and the forums say a different story. I told them thousands of people are complaining. Mine is scheduled to be replaced to and authorized by Ford, but until they fix them there is no point in putting back on something I already have.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree , I have not seen a difference in 1.0 and 2.0. Mine is a 2.0 and as I have stated in other threads I have been given the ok to replace the whole top. But I see no point in it until they come out with a 3.0 that addresses the issues that 1.0 and 2.0 currently have.

E_Cups

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took delivery of my 2 DR Outer Banks in late September. Found the exact same crack, same area, on passenger side rear over New Years. Took it to the Dealers last week and they took some pictures and said they would get back to me. Hopefully I get a good response. Will keep you all posted.
Sponsored