First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was built in June 2022 as well. So far so good. I treat the top with 303 protectant. This top is my biggest concern with the Bronco. Will it hold up beyond warranty? 5 years?, 10?, 20? I plan to keep it till I'm dead.....will be pissed if this happens.
I definitely wouldn't put anything on the mic top for fear of them denying my warranty. Imagine if wax touched it!
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question for the page:
Is this side cracking near the window happening to both 2 doors and 4 doors or just 4 doors?
Curious.....
Thank you.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The roof on the right rear passenger side cracked on my 2-door base. I noticed the crack about 2 months ago, at around 8000 miles. Rear roof has never been off, never took the truck rock crawling, always garaged. Took it to my Ford dealer for an oil change and showed them the defect. They took some pics and said they'd order a replacement. No drama, so far....

Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty cracked roof feb 2023

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how this will be handled down the road? Say yours doesn't show the cracks until warranty is up. Will we be SOL? Extended warranty cover something like this?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder how this will be handled down the road? Say yours doesn't show the cracks until warranty is up. Will we be SOL? Extended warranty cover something like this?
This top is my biggest and only concern with my Bronco. So far so good, but, I have the same concerns as you. I plan to keep my Bronco until I die. What happens if this occurs when the warranty is up. Ford should provide a lifetime warranty on these tops for the original purchaser. Replacement tops should not be sent out until the flaw is totally corrected. I have tagged Ford multiple times on this issue....crickets.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man everytime i read another post about possible issues i go and look atr mine and sure enough now i noticed carcking on my 23 bronco so i camnadd this to the bad manual transmission i also currently have and i think thats gonna do it for me with the bronco i only have 800 miles on mine

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man everytime i read another post about possible issues i go and look atr mine and sure enough now i noticed carcking on my 23 bronco so i camnadd this to the bad manual transmission i also currently have and i think thats gonna do it for me with the bronco i only have 800 miles on mine
Even though my soon to be delivered Bronco is "only" a 30k version, I'm still kind of wondering what I'm getting myself into. This will either be a good experience, or will cement why I prefer old school 4x4s. Definitely not getting rid of my TJ (hardtop looks fine after 20+ years) and old Land Rover. At least not until this Bronco proves itself to me in terms of performance and reliability. Hoping it works out ...

A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2022 Bronco, 2023 Bronco, 1989
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want to write too long of a post. I am on my Third hard top. Love the Bronco, Ford has been good but in order to get what I wanted I had to do a BBB auto claim. Process was smooth and quick. Long story short, Ford had replaced my roof twice under warranty. Third time they did not want to replace they wanted to repair, add seals here and there and shift the tops etc.... I told them no way. Started my claim, it took about 2 months but I was able to get FULL extended warranty on Bronco from Ford up to 100,000 miles, also they replaced my roof for a third time and gave me a check for $5,000.00. Any one having issues with tops, no matter if it is cracking, noise, bubbling, water coming in ( I had all 4) I would recommend this process. Ford Motor Company was easy to work with and they did what was right in the end.

I will be selling my new top as I ordered an after market hard top with the money FMCO gave me.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want to write too long of a post. I am on my Third hard top. Love the Bronco, Ford has been good but in order to get what I wanted I had to do a BBB auto claim. Process was smooth and quick. Long story short, Ford had replaced my roof twice under warranty. Third time they did not want to replace they wanted to repair, add seals here and there and shift the tops etc.... I told them no way. Started my claim, it took about 2 months but I was able to get FULL extended warranty on Bronco from Ford up to 100,000 miles, also they replaced my roof for a third time and gave me a check for $5,000.00. Any one having issues with tops, no matter if it is cracking, noise, bubbling, water coming in ( I had all 4) I would recommend this process. Ford Motor Company was easy to work with and they did what was right in the end.

I will be selling my new top as I ordered an after market hard top with the money FMCO gave me.
As awful as it is that you had to replace it so many times, I'm glad you were able to continually get it replaced. Hopefully the more of us who complain about it the better the hard tops will get. Also nice that you got a fat check!

A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2022 Bronco, 2023 Bronco, 1989
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And I still tell everyone I love this truck!!
Sponsored