First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE II: I've come full circle. After a misguided complaint on their customer service, I now have ordered a Bronco from Tedd Britt in Chantilly, VA. I still have a reservation with Granger, but TB said they'd modify a unit currently on their backlog to match my configuration, which should get me a unit in 100 days, give or take. Granted, that was before the recent round of chip shortages, so we'll see. However, even with a relatively early 7/18/20 reservation, I was told by Granger I'd be looking at late 2022 or 2023 for my Bronco.

UPDATE: I feel like a bit of a shmuck, but Ted Britt Ford did finally contact me and said that my emails had been going to spam due to a server upgrade. I guess I pulled the trigger too soon when I posted this thread. Gardner Britt, who sent the email, acknowledged the problem and was apologetic. I really appreciated it. Anyway, not sure what else to do other than to admit I was wrong (just don't tell my wife), and move on.

I'm not looking for anyone to gang up on Ted Britt Ford, but I had a rather disappointing experience. Based on another thread (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...va-md-area-still-with-good-deals.10138/page-2) I reached out to the owner and GM, Gardner Britt. He was really responsive at first, and we had a great conversation. He even knew my neighbor. I told him I had an early reservation with another dealer that I'd be interested in transferring to them. He told me to send it to him and he'd call Ford, and then see what they might be able to do - no commitments. Then he told me they were getting 12 Broncos for the lot (non-reservation units), so they didn't seem to have any allocation issues. I was excited at potentially having another option to purchase my Bronco from a local dealer. However, since that time almost two weeks ago there's been zero response. I've reached out now 4-5 times and nothing. The last time I simply asked for the courtesy of a reply, even if they weren't interested in working with me. Still no response. Time to move on I guess. FYI, they have a sky-high $799 dealer fee to boot.

If anyone is aware of a good dealership in the MD/VA/DC area that sells at MSRP or less, with a reasonable doc fee, let me know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not understanding your complaint. That they don't want to take your reservation and are terrible at returning messages?

I thought you were going to say that he said he had allocation available but it would cost you $10K over MSRP for a slot.

OP
OP
kirnma

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not understanding your complaint. That they don't want to take your reservation and are terrible at returning messages?

I thought you were going to say that he said he had allocation available but it would cost you $10K over MSRP for a slot.
Yup, a poor customer service experience for someone that wanted to spend 10's of thousands of dollars at his dealership. That's why I stated I wasn't interested in ganging up on the dealership like other 6g forum users have done with other dealers. It really didn't meet that threshold.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have had a great experience with Diehl's Ford in Grantsville. Myself and several other posters were able to get in at invoice, but he has since gone to MSRP. Doc fee is $500. Paper work is done, just need to pick it up Wednesday, which is for my convenience... Eric Diehl [email protected] 301 895 5135

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

holy crap my doc fees are $125 at my dealership. Why the big difference in pricing???

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

holy crap my doc fees are $125 at my dealership. Why the big difference in pricing???
Virginia sounds like North Carolina. The dealers can run doc fees up as high as they want. My local dealer went from $499 to $649 last year. And sadly that's cheap compared to others in my area.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
btw ... all VA dealerships is in the $800+ for dealer doc fees. this is why I never buy in VA.

NY is $75 for decades but was raised to $175 last summer. I buy all my cars from NY

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's really nothing to complain about.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
In Maryland, the Maximum is $500, they all seem to charge it. It includes your permanent tags and owner's card right from the dealer-2 year registration, title and security interest filing. Sales tax is separate.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Maryland, the Maximum is $500, they all seem to charge it. It includes your permanent tags and owner's card right from the dealer-2 year registration, title and security interest filing. Sales tax is separate.
ah yeah our state registration is more but that's the same price for all new vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kirnma

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have had a great experience with Diehl's Ford in Grantsville. Myself and several other posters were able to get in at invoice, but he has since gone to MSRP. Doc fee is $500. Paper work is done, just need to pick it up Wednesday, which is for my convenience... Eric Diehl [email protected] 301 895 5135
I've seen Deihl's come up in other threads as well. I'll give them a call. I've had a reservation since 7/18, but I'm with that select group of dealers who oversold and then didn't get the allocations. Anyone in particular at Diehls?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
btw ... all VA dealerships is in the $800+ for dealer doc fees. this is why I never buy in VA.

NY is $75 for decades but was raised to $175 last summer. I buy all my cars from NY
8 hours to the border, 450 miles (one way) at 20MPG, $144 in gas (plus there would be 2 cars driving back), 16 hours in the car, an overnight stay, and 2 days of meals to save $475 ($650-$175).

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I fly. A one way ticket to Rochester is $67 right now from VA. I pay no gas coming back because the tank is full when I leave the dealership. So it cost me $67 and I get to experience my new ride for 6.5 hours all by my lonesome.

My local dealership charges 899 for their dealer doc fee. So 899-67-175(ny doc fee) >> you can do the math

8 hours to the border, 450 miles (one way) at 20MPG, $144 in gas (plus there would be 2 cars driving back), 16 hours in the car, an overnight stay, and 2 days of meals to save $475 ($650-$175).

Last edited:

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also had pretty poor communication with Ted Britt, so I moved my reservation to Stephens in W. Virginia. Not sure about their current allocation, but they were unbelievable to work with. Best communication and general knowledge of the vehicle I’ve ever seen from a dealership. Probably cost me around $500 to fly out, spend the night and drive home, but worth every penny!
Sponsored