First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't run it anymore and have it towed to the dealer. the frequency isn't an accessory on the engine, its something in the engine.
Sponsored

Lilblumule

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's Sunday and I'm looking for some help diagnosing this issue until I can call the dealer in the morning. This afternoon the engine started making a clicking noise when I was driving home after washing my car. I can't tell exactly where it's coming from - a belt, the engine, a valve or what - but it increases in volume and cadence when I push the throttle. When idling it's much less audible but still there. See the videos below, apologies for the poor angle on the first one but I was home alone and trying to record the sound as I pushed the gas pedal.

This is a replacement 2.7 engine, the original died in February. I have maybe 3,000 miles on this one since getting it back in March.

Any idea what this is, how serious, is it drivable?

2023 BD 1183 miles, getting new heads, lifters, rocker arms. Its been at the dealership 4 weeks now. Not sure how this occurred. Could some bad parts from 2021 made it into my 2023. I hear they changed the material on some internal parts that handle the heat treating process. The parts became brittle as the engine trmp increased. From
“Silchrome lite” to “Silchrome 1”