Sponsored

[Update: Ford actually helped and I got it back] Dealer sold my Bronco before it’s built.

Jmuns

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My local GYF will take orders with no deposit. But they tell you right away they have a $2995 custom order charge. So if it’s them I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. They call and text me all the time with “great deals” on Broncos coming in even though I’ve told them countless times I’m not about to pay anything over MSRP.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just emailed everyone on this list with screenshots of all my emails. will update if I get a response
consider printing it out and sending via certified usps to everyone. include dealer sales manager, and dealer owner.

nobody enjoys receiving certified mail, it's usually the precursor to legal actions.

since your Bronco has not been delivered to the dealer yet, resolution will be easy; Ford can insist the dealer sell you the Bronco you ordered at MSRP. If it was already in possession (sold) of a 3rd party, they can't take it back and would have to fast track a build through the system, which sounds like a logistic nightmare.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many dealers have been eager to take orders because they were having trouble getting stock for their lots. The dealer I ordered from only had about eight new cars on the lot and some of them were sold orders. They were begging people to put in orders regardless of whether they intended to buy or not.
That's a big no no, if Ford catches wind of that they will probably pay them a visit. They don't like when dealers try to game the system... just wish they'd be more aggressive about how they respond.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would freak out. Screw that dealer.

Sponsored

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got my VIN a week ago and a build date of September 19 and today September 3 I got a call from dealer saying they sold my bronco to somebody else. Has anybody had luck fighting this and if so what are the steps. I have everything in emails my build sheet them stating I will pay MSRP and that I don’t need a deposit. Don’t want to say dealers name yet wanna leave all options open but if there’s nothing I can do I will let everybody know the dealer and sales person.
I don’t see what recourse you have. Dealers are shady. I doubt ford has anything in place to deter this type of behavior. Look at how they’re allowing dealers to jack up the MSRP by 25-30% in some cases. If I were you, I’d try to reach the dealer GM. I could see the salesman making a case that you didn’t put a deposit down and therefore it’s not yours but then the question would be how or why did the salesman allow you to order in the first place. It’s entirely unethical behavior by this guy either way.

TinaGiraldi

Wildtrak
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How were you able to order it without a deposit?

Do you have anything in writing, i.e., not in electronic form?

I did all of my ordering in person at the local dealership and was continually bugging the salesperson that I worked with about it. Having an actual signed document as part of my order was as much for my protection as to protect the dealership.

If I were in your position, I would print out the whole set of email conversations and go talk to the dealer in person.
Agreed! I have a contract with a deposit with my order # etc. description of
The order too. That does not sound right. Somewhere there was a disconnect??

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same. They didn't even get the $100 since I changed dealerships before ordering. They were just glad to take an order from the competition.

Who'd you go with?
Earnhardt in Chandler.

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my VIN a week ago and a build date of September 19 and today September 3 I got a call from dealer saying they sold my bronco to somebody else. Has anybody had luck fighting this and if so what are the steps. I have everything in emails my build sheet them stating I will pay MSRP and that I don’t need a deposit. Don’t want to say dealers name yet wanna leave all options open but if there’s nothing I can do I will let everybody know the dealer and sales person.
You have been very selective about your vehicle, picking a Bronco. Be just as selective about your dealer. I would never buy from a deal that encourages people to order, even if they don't intend to purchase.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just as Ford has changed the Bronco game several times, dealers have as well. It may have been legit to trust them when you ordered and not today. Send them certified mail Cc to the State Attorney’s office and Ford. Shame the hell out of them as well on line (I would wait for a final resolution to take this action) and remind them study after study are being posted showing the gain from one sale today will be a loss of another later. https://www.kbb.com/car-news/study-dealers-lose-repeat-business-through-markups/

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Earnhardt in Chandler.
Excellent. My Base 2-door should arrive at Earnhardt in about two weeks. (assuming it actually is on the stupid choo-choo train) Blend 8/12.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don’t post their name yet. I would try to contact FMC today and also wait until the end of the week to hear back from one of the excs. While waiting I would try to call or speak with the GSM of the dealership in person, keep a level head and take a witness. If they refuse to acknowledge you then I would contact an atty and see what legal recourse you have. You have emails where they agree to MSRP and to no deposit. You might be able to get it done with a certified letter from your atty to the GSM of the dealership. Time is of the essence, once the bronco lands and is sold to someone else things become way more difficult.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope this works out for you OP. My fear is that they say OK, we'll sell you the Bronco you ordered... that'll be $10k (pick an ADM amount) extra. Do you still want it? I hope that doesn't happen.
Sponsored