Sponsored

UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening!

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn so your dealer never changed the oil and left your old oil in that’s fucked up id get ford involved this dealer should be held acou ntable

Idk if I’d go nuclear on them, I give them a chance to make it right.
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1910D5FD-57EB-4086-8421-56D52EEFFAB0.gif

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oil on left has Two miles on it (one trip home from the dealer)
The oil on the right has zero miles. Yet the same oil from supposedly the same jug.

no oil on the planet can oxidize and turn that black in 2 miles (a few hours after driving it home…)

Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! 1910D5FD-57EB-4086-8421-56D52EEFFAB0
Did you end up changing the oil yourself after the discovery? If so, I would be curious to see what that oil looks like after the same distance traveled after the dealership oil change. Line all 3 of them up if possible.

Sponsored

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the record, I do all my oil changes at Goodyear. I’m able to see them work on the car while I wait.

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
could be an error. dealer Did brake inspection another vehicle of mine , report said brakes good, ……. 3 thousand miles later, metal to metal, , needs new rotors, I asked dealer how my brakes could go from a rating of Green on their inspection report to destroyed rotors in 3 K, he admitted they couldn’t have , apologized and did repair no charge

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what happened when you talked to the dealer?

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this sounds like some Jiffy Lube antics!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. I think it is safe to say that nearly all Ford service, maintenance, and warranty support is basically non-existent at worst and sub-standard at best.

2. That's still wholly unacceptable - however.....

I was shocked when I changed my oil at 785 miles to find that what came out of the Bronco was black like the photo you have above. It was darker than any oil I've changed in the last decade.

For the Bronco, I am using Royal Purple oil though which is a very dark purple so there really wasn't of a comparison to make but the stuff that came out of my Bronco was extremely dark for so little miles.

Wonder if others are seeing the same?

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oil on left has Two miles on it (one trip home from the dealer)
The oil on the right has zero miles. Yet the same oil from supposedly the same jug.

no oil on the planet can oxidize and turn that black in 2 miles (a few hours after driving it home…)

Sherlock Holmes …. you clearly aren’t.
Believe what you want to believe…

The problem is solved… I won’t be relying on dishonest people to change my oil and service my Bronco.
For the record, I won’t be apologizing to anyone!
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! 1910D5FD-57EB-4086-8421-56D52EEFFAB0
I'm not sure what type of oil some of the people on here are using, but if it's that black right after an oil change something is seriously wrong with their motor or their oil or they have been duped many times like you were in this instance. This is my oil with about 4,500 miles on it. It's time for a change. I have the 2.3.

Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! PXL_20220531_122213016.MP

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve always changed my oil in all my cars as did my dad….
Anyway, from new….my Bronco dip stick read well up into the twist…. Wondered why they overfilled the oil at the factory….?????
I changed the oil in my 2..7 at 1800 miles. With 6.4 qts in it was at max full mark….

At 6400 miles I went to my dealer to get it serviced and have this 7 quart issue explained….
The service tech explained when he changed my oil that he added 7 quarts…
That… having it measure well into the twist on the dip stick was normal.
But if ever was above the twist…that it is definitely overfilled….
(His words to my ears)

So drove home 2miles to my house… waited for the engine to get stone cold… checked my oil ( multiple times ….much to my shock!!! it was well above the twist.

I pulled the bash panel and started to drain some oil….

What I discovered totally set me back!!!
(the oil) was “BLACK” (WTF😡🤬).

with this, I drained out all of the Oil…. “Black”… Black!!!!!🤬😡🤬

photos self explanatory….new oil vs 2 mile oil from Ford dealership)
Feast your eyes on (what is supposed to be) 7 quarts of fresh oil!!!!!

I’m pissed…. I will never trust anyone but myself (FORD IF YOUR LISTENING)!!!!
I hate being scammed!!!!!!
Not all Ford Service Techs are honest!!!!!

update: Just checked the 100 pound torque on the lug nuts…. They WERE NOT 100ft lb torque spec …. Nor were they torqued evenly…
😡

BF867736-6351-413D-A055-43C732CEC5C0.jpeg

8A5AAE6A-9DBB-47F8-A26D-5564E1EF9BAE.jpeg

85A67C13-FEFD-406D-A8F4-FA952443A219.jpeg

2EDE9EAE-7F90-47B5-8C0B-4E20E9C5C971.jpeg

Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! PXL_20220531_122213016.MP

If i dont change my own oil, i mark my filter with a sharpie or spray paint so i know if it was changed. Ive has 2 events where they drained the oil and did not change filter. Same with tire rotation. I scrape letters into the tire with my fingernail.

90% of the time i do all of it myself

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To establish an apples to apples comparison
Grab a sample of the oil you changed after the initial two miles you ran and hold for color comparison.

At the next oil change grab a sample before the oil change, change oil, and grab a sample after two mile run

This will put to bed the expected color just after a fresh oil change and couple miles run.

In my experience with my DIY oil changes, the fresh oil change quickly gets dark on some engines vs others.

The scientific way of catching a false oil change is grabbing sample before oil change and grabbing sample after oil change. Then performing an oil analysis would tell you if the samples were the same oil

Best of luck

KnappyRedd

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea I just had my Explorer serviced while I wait for my bronco and the dealer tried telling me I needed a new engine that would cost me $14k on a 5 year old car a bought new but didnt do a diagnostic. They just went off a visual and they would have to break it down to figure out what was causing the issue I brought it in for. Come to find out on my own, I had a bad PCV valve. Problem solved. Also they shorted me oil on my service so I had to add half a quart. Cant trust the dealer.
Sponsored