Sponsored

UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening!

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford supplying the correct dipstick for free?

I'm changing the oil today and will fill to the level on the dipstick.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford supplying the correct dipstick for free?

I'm changing the oil today and will fill to the level on the dipstick.
Make a fuss. They installed a Fusion Sport dipstick (or some variant of a 6 quart capacity FWD 2.7L). That’s absurd and I’m actually infuriated that even passed. They told us for the longest time it was fine but I should have done more research.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make a fuss. They installed a Fusion Sport dipstick (or some variant of a 6 quart capacity FWD 2.7L). That’s absurd and I’m actually infuriated that even passed. They told us for the longest time it was fine but I should have done more research.
It really should be corrected by Ford and owners need to be notified since many of us avoid dealer service departments like the plague.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford doesn't take care of we will supply to our customers on our dime and hope other dealers follow suit. I can't imagine Ford not coming out with some sort of program for this because they have for similar stuff like this in the past. To me, it's not worth the conversation or aggravation considering the cost of the part.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After2 miles?????? all of the engine oil was in my drain pan (from the dealer)…

The Motor never even got up to temp….
Even mixed with residual oil it doesn’t turn black like that…..

that is!!!! Exactly what it is…. My oil after 4K miles from my first change….

WITHOUT QUESTION THAT IS NOT Fresh oil….

**** even my oil in my boat to store it for winter looks fresh….. this is oxidized aka “Black”

I respectfully disagree with you.
Oil on left has Two miles on it (one trip home from the dealer)
The oil on the right has zero miles. Yet the same oil from supposedly the same jug.

no oil on the planet can oxidize and turn that black in 2 miles (a few hours after driving it home…)

Sherlock Holmes …. you clearly aren’t.
Believe what you want to believe…

The problem is solved… I won’t be relying on dishonest people to change my oil and service my Bronco.
For the record, I won’t be apologizing to anyone!
CAD7B4A5-8D0B-41E3-87F9-319A518BAB65.jpeg
And I can show you any Perkins engine in a MF tractor from 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s whose CC-CD-CF (diesel rated) oil that will in fact be as black after 1 hour as it is at its 100 hrs change. But I can also show you any Kubota tractor whose oil looks almost as fresh out of the pan as it dies the jug.

Car oil should turn brown over time but not black. Black indicates an overabundance of carbon. A first change is one thing but after that it should be difficult to tell difference between used and new oil in a dark room

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford doesn't take care of we will supply to our customers on our dime and hope other dealers follow suit. I can't imagine Ford not coming out with some sort of program for this because they have for similar stuff like this in the past. To me, it's not worth the conversation or aggravation considering the cost of the part.
You should not have to supply on your own. Unless Ford determines it is not a safety or service issue as long as your techs always fill with exactly 7.0 quarts

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should not have to supply on your own. Unless Ford determines it is not a safety or service issue as long as your techs always fill with exactly 7.0 quarts
I agree but if Ford doesn't step up, we will. Our guys know the fill capacities but not all of our bronco customers do their own service or are close enough to justify the drive for us to do their regular maintenance. I trust other shops like I trust a fart after a meal of lard fried chicken livers, german fries and beer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Survey says....

Don't judge me for the mess. New top, old bottom.
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds1

Measured to the shoulder, old.
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds2

New
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds3

Oil level old. (2,500 on oil)
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds4

New (3 samples, averaged between top hole and top hash mark)
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds5

Old marking.
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds6

New
Ford Bronco UPDATE FORD DIRECTIVE ON 7QUARTS FILL. Dealership Service fiasco! Ford If You're Listening! ds7

I hope we can put this issue to bed now.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 2 ways I know of oil getting dark are heat cycling, and combustion by products its hard to get all the oil out when changing it .
Oil coolers,drain back valves,slow draining from top end passages ect . If in fact your oil became that dark in a few miles I would think all the oil was not drained or you have extreme blow by /pcv issues.
Just my thoughts ,what I would do is change oil and check color soon after. Good luckđź‘Ť

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, oh…. A triangle… which way is it supposed to point?????!!!!!

BTW, thanks! Great information!!!

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Survey says....

Don't judge me for the mess. New top, old bottom.
ds1.jpg

Measured to the shoulder, old.
ds2.jpg

New
ds3.jpg

Oil level old. (2,500 on oil)
ds4.jpg

New (3 samples, averaged between top hole and top hash mark)
ds5.jpg

Old marking.
ds6.jpg

New
ds7.jpg

I hope we can put this issue to bed now.

Fantastic. No wonder BMW got rid of dipsticks.

edit: @Administrator can you add/merge into the new dipstick thread
Sponsored

Last edited: