Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine has cracked in the same place as your, it has not been off in seven months.
thumbnail.jpg
Well when I had that same failure, everyone said it was my fault... So this crack is obviously completely your fault for improper installation. ;)
[/QUOTE]
Covered under warranty, awaiting the new top from Ferd.
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I’m crazy, but I can’t be asked with this—I just don’t think there’s a federal case to be had here.

Everything turns to dust eventually... I couldn’t be bothered with these supposed cracks, or I’d go nuts with any of the real issues that WILL eventually occur.

Not a knock on you, OP. You go forward with any proceedings you see fit—I just think people need to stop expecting perfection from projectiles that are literally moving through the physical world. Absolutely nothing is perfect.
I dont think your understanding the consequences of having cracks in your vehicles roof. If it looks like this at 1k miles, what will it look like at 50k miles? Your response is quite frankly…”silly”.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont think your understanding the consequences of having cracks in your vehicles roof. If it looks like this at 1k miles, what will it look like at 50k miles? Your response is quite frankly…”silly”.
Then I’m silly. By the time it becomes an issue for me, I’ll be onto the next one. Most of these complaints would be a non-issue for me. I just don’t care enough.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. I plan to keep my Bronco for decades.....I expect the top to holdup. I will do my part in taking care of it, but I am not responsible for design and/or material flaws. Ford should offer a lifetime extended warranty for the original purchaser.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. I plan to keep my Bronco for decades.....I expect the top to holdup. I will do my part in taking care of it, but I am not responsible for design and/or material flaws. Ford should offer a lifetime extended warranty for the original purchaser.
“Decades”, “lifetime extended warranty”…

🤡🤡🤡

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

🤡🤡🤡
I see nothing funny about it. Dodge has done this with some issues on their Charger's. It is the right thing to do....or is Ford just praying these tops hold together until the warranty is up and then denies further repairs and replacements.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤡🤡🤡
He means a long time. Just as I intend. I ended up getting the 7/100k esp from Ford. Based on the looks of this thread…I’ll probably go through 5-6 MIC hard tops before that expires. It almost has me wanting to sell the hard top and go to a soft top or after market hardtop. Idk. Fingers crossed its a small batch issue. I dont ever plan on taking the entire top off, not the back portion. Only the driver and passenger side. Maybe the back row.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He means a long time. Just as I intend. I ended up getting the 7/100k esp from Ford. Based on the looks of this thread…I’ll probably go through 5-6 MIC hard tops before that expires. It almost has me wanting to sell the hard top and go to a soft top or after market hardtop. Idk. Fingers crossed its a small batch issue. I dont ever plan on taking the entire top off, not the back portion. Only the driver and passenger side. Maybe the back row.
Unfortunately, the ESP doesn’t cover the tops.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going for my 2nd top replacement. Yay! 1st it was cracks, now bubbles/blistering on replacement top. not even 800 miles. WTF FORD?

Sponsored

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Going for my 2nd top replacement. Yay! 1st it was cracks, now bubbles/blistering on replacement top. not even 800 miles. WTF FORD?
Does it look like this? I'm sure this is NOT normal....
Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks Bad To

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh great, having my top replaced after 1 1/2 years of ownership. Mine cracked on the interior right corner from the bolt hole towards the rear window. I wonder what I have to look forward to. I have no bubbling top or the hair line cracks on exterior and I wheel hard.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks Bad To
Not that bad! That would drive me beyond nuts with my OCD self! Mine is on both sides and the blistering is just getting started. If Ford would put more effort in quality we would not see this problem IMO.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is definitely a problem with quality on these tops. Some have no issues while maybe a lot are. You would think Ford would after all this time have this figured out for us and their sake too.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well new top arrived, you guessed it damaged! This will be the 3rd top now. Have to wait for another.. Go Ford quality control....
Sponsored