First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has started the same thing at the bottom of the passenger side glass. Several hairline fractures. These tops are a P.O.S. My Bronco has 3k miles, garage kept, and the top never removed yet. Ridiculous.
Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I’m crazy, but I can’t be asked with this—I just don’t think there’s a federal case to be had here.

Everything turns to dust eventually... I couldn’t be bothered with these supposed cracks, or I’d go nuts with any of the real issues that WILL eventually occur.

Not a knock on you, OP. You go forward with any proceedings you see fit—I just think people need to stop expecting perfection from projectiles that are literally moving through the physical world. Absolutely nothing is perfect.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I’m crazy, but I can’t be asked with this—I just don’t think there’s a federal case to be had here.

Everything turns to dust eventually... I couldn’t be bothered with these supposed cracks, or I’d go nuts with any of the real issues that WILL eventually occur.

Not a knock on you, OP. You go forward with any proceedings you see fit—I just think people need to stop expecting perfection from projectiles that are literally moving through the physical world. Absolutely nothing is perfect.

No, nothing is perfect, but this top is crap. The top off my '69 and '70 Blazers were in better condition after 40+ years of hard use than these tops after a few months. For what we are paying, there should be at least a couple of years of decent use in this vehicle before it makes that eventual trip to dust, and that is not an unreasonable request.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford will probably start deferring all liability to the owners for taking the top off incorrectly.. I have to admit some of the big cracks I have seen on other Broncos could have been from dropping the canopy.
Mine cracked today and I was completely gentle with it, it cracked right across the rear most bolt hole and was still sitting on the Bronco (supported by the locating pins) and just snapped - a 4 inch long crack clean through. The top is, as someone else said, paper mache!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine cracked today and I was completely gentle with it, it cracked right across the rear most bolt hole and was still sitting on the Bronco (supported by the locating pins) and just snapped - a 4 inch long crack clean through. The top is, as someone else said, paper mache!
Pic?

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Making me wonder if I shouldn't change to soft top for MY23 change and buy after market hardtop later on sometime. Course we could be looking at less than 1% actually having an issue.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford rejected the warranty claim?!?! On what grounds? That it’s a consumable component?!!? 🤣
We're talking about the very same company @Ford Motor Company that provides a compressor and built in fix a flat with my Fusion Energi and THEN says I have to replace my TPMS sensor on my own when the fix a flat ruins the sensor...I'm sorry, you gave me no spare, a can of MotorCraft tire sealant and it ruined the sensor and that's my responsibility to replace at $100?? Let's not even get into the 2 piece lugnuts that swell and then can't be easily removed.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

no words.......

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a tad bit alarming…

No Name

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just noticed cracks on mine this morning and logged on here to see if anyone else had the same issue. My cracks look exactly the same as OPs but it looks like mine has a bit more. My Bronco has 2700 miles and is garage kept.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Making me wonder if I shouldn't change to soft top for MY23 change and buy after market hardtop later on sometime. Course we could be looking at less than 1% actually having an issue.
I would get the hard top (which is by comparison cheap) and buy an aftermarket soft top should you want a soft top as backup, because the aftermarket soft tops are far less expensive than the hard tops.

FWIW, the crack is something that I expect that Ford will tell me is my fault (it's not) and I know that it's probably easily repaired with some JB Weld (which will likely be stronger than the top material anyway). Here is the crack...

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks IMG_20220919_085531

As you can see, the unwaxed interior isn't looking all that hot either. Excuse the dirt, I was off-roading yesterday.

Last edited:

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had mine over 6 months, never wash/clean the top, and it sits in the sun all day, yet I don’t have these issues... And again, I couldn’t go crazy over hairline cracks—if those are indeed cracks—seems questionable at best from what i can see.

Someone mentioned the soft top as an option, but there seem to be more supposed issues with that than with the hard top.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would get the hard top (which is by comparison cheap) and buy an aftermarket soft top should you want a soft top as backup, because the aftermarket soft tops are far less expensive than the hard tops.

FWIW, the crack is something that I expect that Ford will tell me is my fault (it's not) and I know that it's probably easily repaired with some JB Weld (which will likely be stronger than the top material anyway). Here is the crack...

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks IMG_20220919_085531

As you can see, the unwaxed interior isn't looking all that hot either. Excuse the dirt, I was off-roading yesterday.
Now THAT is a crack.
Sponsored