Sponsored

Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need your help and experience tracking down a wind whistle on driver's side that starts between 45-50mph. I have a 2023 Badlands, 2.7, MIC, 4dr, Lux that has 500 miles and is less than two weeks old. I have tried to track this light wind whistle down. This is what I have tired.

1. the roof panels are on correctly and tight. There does not look to be a high spot.
2. I started by turning the A/C off and turning the side view mirrors in. I have added the following as the wind whistle is still there, no changes
3. In addition to the above, I have used 2 inch painters tape and taped the perimeter of the windshield all the way around.
4. I have added tape to the areas around the roof bar accessory caps.
5. I have added tape all along the top of the hardtop where it meets the trim above the windshield.
6. I have added tape all along the center seem of the first row panels of the hardtop.
7. I have added tape along the first row panel and the weather stripping of the driver's side window.
8. I have added tape along the seems of the side view mirrors.

The whistle does not change a bit with all I have tried. I have yet to tape the perimeter of the driver's side window. That is my step step, but when I crack the driver's side when window a 1/4 inch with all I tried above, I could hear the whistle, so I am not helpful this will make a difference.

Any other ideas? Could it be the antenna? Could it be the grille or the bumper? It sounds as if it is coming around the top of the windshield, driver's side window near the top of the A pillar.

I guess I could take it back to the dealer, but I feel like I should be able to track it down just as well as the dealership and or get a good suggestion from someone on this forum. Thanks!

IMG_5421.jpeg
Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
look at your door seal on the driver front side or it could be a windshield sealant issue from factory that you would have to take back to the ford dealer for under warranty.

We had a whistle between both front panels at 40+ mph and just by putting the roof rack on, it solved all the whistle issues. For your situation, try the above areas. We have had some ambassadors change out their windshield after cracks or chips and if it is not sealed right, you get a really annoying whistle in the windshield frame to windshield connection.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mirror?

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

look at your door seal on the driver front side or it could be a windshield sealant issue from factory that you would have to take back to the ford dealer for under warranty.

We had a whistle between both front panels at 40+ mph and just by putting the roof rack on, it solved all the whistle issues. For your situation, try the above areas. We have had some ambassadors change out their windshield after cracks or chips and if it is not sealed right, you get a really annoying whistle in the windshield frame to windshield connection.
I put 2 inch painters tape around the entire perimeter of the windshield. It did not change the whistle, so I think it is safe to assume it is not a windshield leak.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I folded both mirrors in, it did not make a difference. I opened the mirrors and taped the seam between the mirror and the mirror mount and it did not make a difference.

Sponsored

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same problem. 2023 Outerbanks 2.7 Sasquatch. Only 1200 miles and the whistling started yesterday. It’s horrible and driving me crazy.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm about to embark on a similar project. I don't have a whistle, but what sounds like a loose weatherstripping above the front passenger's right ear. Strangely the acoustics of the situation are that you notice it more from the driver's seat than the passenger seat.

Have you tried taping the whole driver door? Tape it all up and then crawl over from the passenger door?

I don't think it's the antenna or all of us would hear it.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about your mud flaps?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Way back during original release I seem to recall a whistle issue caused by the hood gasket not seating correctly or hood bumpers not being adjusted correctly.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same problem. 2023 Outerbanks 2.7 Sasquatch. Only 1200 miles and the whistling started yesterday. It’s horrible and driving me crazy.
Hi Chris! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is going to sound stupid, but hey I am going to say it. Take you antenna off and see if goes away. Also check the piece that attaches to the fender use painters tape.

If not the Ant.
Painters tape around hood gaps.
Painters tape around around end seems.

Last would be door seems.

Mike

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found the source of the wind whistle. It took a while as I started out taping things off a little at a time. However, I finally found the source!! It is coming through the vent in the cowl between the hood and the windshield. I was getting really discouraged and this was the last part I taped. I am thrilled to have found the source and hope it will be an easy fix at the dealership.
Ford Bronco Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above! ED0F7595-A8AA-4BF3-BF76-196B7F9A1789

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Chris! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
I found the source of the leak. It is coming through the cowl between the hood and the windshield. I hope it is an easy fix. I am taking it to Two Rivers Ford in Mount Juliet, Tennessee Monday morning. This is where I bought the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above! C540A64A-8201-4741-9A93-D77E5EA22278

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I found the source of the leak. It is coming through the cowl between the hood and the windshield. I hope it is an easy fix. I am taking it to Two Rivers Ford in Mount Juliet, Tennessee Monday morning. This is where I bought the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above! C540A64A-8201-4741-9A93-D77E5EA22278
Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to figure it out. The whistle has been driving me nuts. I am going to call the dealer on Monday to make an appointment. The Ford employee who reached out to me on here said once I make an appointment with the dealer she will contact them and work with them to make sure the issue is completely resolved.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to figure it out. The whistle has been driving me nuts. I am going to call the dealer on Monday to make an appointment. The Ford employee who reached out to me on here said once I make an appointment with the dealer she will contact them and work with them to make sure the issue is completely resolved.
A quick way to see if this is your source, take some 2 inch painters tape and tape the cowl. There is not much there to tape, you will know right away if this is your source. I could not be more thrilled to have figured this out. I have a little over 800 miles since I picked it up two weeks ago and it was driving me nuts. I was so discouraged to think I might have to live with this after paying so much for a new vehicle.
Sponsored