Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m wondering if I’ll get screwed with the Black Diamond....who thinks they will want to use whatever rubber floor models for Badlands first.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m wondering if I’ll get screwed with the Black Diamond....who thinks they will want to use whatever rubber floor models for Badlands first.
I’m tempted to go back to black diamond instead of base. Mod bumper/bash plates and aux switches are standard on BD and optional on base.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with the GM of Ted Britt Ford here in VA yesterday for awhile and he said Ford is freaking out about all of the "leaks" that the forums know about. He was talking to people there who couldn't believe we knew the delays were due to the tops before they announced it.
I wonder what Webasto did to their leaker? :unsure:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to admit, I find a lot of these posts humorous. I mean, I'm not discounting any of your frustrations, but it is pretty obvious that 99.999% of yall have never worked in an automotive assembly plant. I've worked in 3 in the 28 years I've been with Ford. I've seen the assembly line for the Super Duty completely shut down for 3 days because we couldn't get brake calipers. That stoppage also ground to a halt the production of the Expedition/Navigator, because the conveyance systems in the plant rely on both models being cycled through the system, otherwise certain conveyor assets get blocked out and it log jams the entire system. At the Atlanta Assembly Plant I saw production halted for lack of dipsticks...yes, oil dipsticks shut us down.
I guess I have a little more patience with this whole Bronco launch, because I have survived several new vehicle launches. Things go sideways that even the best of engineers overlook, and getting 3rd party suppliers all working in sync with the final assembly is not a small task.

@LEGEND, you guys keep up the good work up there. BTW, have you laid eyes on the new KUKA mag-lev conveyors yall installed up there in the body shop? I'd love to see one in action.
I don’t work in manufacturing and stuff happens, but it’s bad project management and In a normal year parts should never run out. It doesnt give me a lot of brand confidence to see them not keeping their promised dates. I’m taking a chance buying a brand I don’t usually buy and an untested vehicle. I would like to know they arent just flying by the seat of their pants on a vehicle that I will rely on everyday, that will cost me 7 months of salary.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m tempted to go back to black diamond instead of base. Mod bumper/bash plates and aux switches are standard on BD and optional on base.
Yeah, it’s the best deal I think if you can afford extra. You have those things, the washout floors which who wouldn’t love, nicer wheels and tires, (heated seats maybe). Steering wheel and tech

Sponsored

Smrideatiger76

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As part of your upcoming owner experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in our FordPass™ Rewards loyalty program. At your time of delivery, you will earn 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at your local Ford Dealer. As a thank‑you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. That’s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.**
**Requires modem to be activated within 60 days of purchase and remain active for 180 days.

I haven't seen much discussion about this so I did a deep dive on my own.
The modem requirement is a subscription with AT&T wifi hotspot in your vehicle.

"AT&T In-Vehicle Wi-Fi Data Plans
AT&T WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
Mobile Share Plans

$10/mo.
BUY ONE MONTH GET THE SECOND MONTH ON US*
Req's elig. vehicle & purchase of an unlimited connected car data plan for vehicle.

Unlimited Plan
$20/mo.
*After 22 GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
Ends 1/3/21. Credit in the amount of one-month service charge (taxes/fees not included) applied w/in 2 bills. Coverage and service not available everywhere. No pro-rata refunds if canceled. Not transferable. Plan does not include Stream Saver. Taxes, fees, limits & restr's apply.

NOT AN AT&T WIRELESS CUSTOMER? WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED
2GB Connected Car Data Plan for 30 days

Renews every 30 days
$15/mo.

Limited Time Offer! Get unlimited data in your vehicle for $20/mo.*
Prepaid Unlimited Data
Renews every 30 days
$25/mo.

$20/mo.*
*Ends 1/3/21. Req’s elig. vehicle & purchase of elig. unlimited data plan for vehicle. Svc. & coverage not avail. everywhere. Svc. renews and is billed monthly until canceled. Other charges & restr’s. See offer details below.

Connected Car Prepaid Unlimited Data for 12 Months
Renews every 12 months
$200/year"

TLDR In order to get the $300 in Ford Pass credit you have to spend at least $60 plus tax and fees if you are an AT&T customer already and at least $90 plus tax and fees if not.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As part of your upcoming owner experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in our FordPass™ Rewards loyalty program. At your time of delivery, you will earn 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at your local Ford Dealer. As a thank‑you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. That’s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.**
**Requires modem to be activated within 60 days of purchase and remain active for 180 days.

AT&T WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
Mobile Share Plans

$10/mo.
Req's elig. vehicle & purchase of an unlimited connected car data plan for vehicle.

Unlimited Plan
$20/mo.
Ends 1/3/21. Credit in the amount of one-month service charge (taxes/fees not included) applied w/in 2 bills. Coverage and service not available everywhere. No pro-rata refunds if canceled. Not transferable. Plan does not include Stream Saver. Taxes, fees, limits & restr's apply.

Renews every 30 days
$15/mo.

Prepaid Unlimited Data
Renews every 30 days
$25/mo.

$20/mo.*
*Ends 1/3/21. Req’s elig. vehicle & purchase of elig. unlimited data plan for vehicle. Svc. & coverage not avail. everywhere. Svc. renews and is billed monthly until canceled. Other charges & restr’s. See offer details below.

Renews every 12 months
$200/year"

TLDR In order to get the $300 in Ford Pass credit you have to spend at least $60 plus tax and fees if you are an AT&T customer already and at least $90 plus tax and fees if not.
Someone else on the forum said that "activation" of the modem and purchasing a data plan, are two different things.

You "activate the modem" by assigning your VIN to your MyFordPass App... which allows ford to complete Over-The-Air updates, etc etc etc.

So based on their comments, it sounded like you don't actually have to spend any money on your part... you just have to consent to FoMoCo being able to teleport into your Bronco and muck around with things.

Smrideatiger76

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone else on the forum said that "activation" of the modem and purchasing a data plan, are two different things.

You "activate the modem" by assigning your VIN to your MyFordPass App... which allows ford to complete Over-The-Air updates, etc etc etc.

So based on their comments, it sounded like you don't actually have to spend any money on your part... you just have to consent to FoMoCo being able to teleport into your Bronco and muck around with things.
I hope you're right!

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AT&T WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
Mobile Share Plans

$10/mo.

Unlimited Plan
$20/mo.

Renews every 30 days
$15/mo.

Prepaid Unlimited Data
Renews every 30 days
$25/mo.

$20/mo.*

Renews every 12 months
$200/year"

Please see my posts from pages 11 and 12 where I already explained this.

The FordPass modem is not the 4G Hotspot modem.

Ford decided last year not to charge for FordPass services like remote start and lock/unlock but you do need to activate the modem in your car to use them.

This is the same with all new Ford vehicle purchases. Buy the car, download the app, add your car for the features and get the bonus points. If you don't want the app or the functions provided by the modem for free you don't get the rewards associated with the app.
There are two cell modem products in New Fords:

1. Wifi Hotspot which allows you to use your car as a wifi hotspot for your devices (laptops, tablets, etc). This is a subscription you pay ATT.

2. FordPass app. This allows you to Remote Start, Lock/Unlock, find your car in a map, schedule an oil change, and get a vehicle heath report (battery, oil level, gas tank, tire pressure, etc) all from your phone. This is free. You just need to activate it. This is what is required for the FordPass points: Activate the free FordPass app.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford also, ultimately, has to step up and actually deliver a product. The only thing they have delivered thus far - in regards to the Big Bronco - is more delays, scaled back/delayed production of advertised features and poor communication.

Even with all the same problems, at the same manufacturer, the Baby Bronco is rolling out relatively unhampered. Saw one in the wild driving around yesterday.

Makes you wonder where Ford’s priorities really lie.

JK

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just cancelled one of my reservations, some one just got their bronco 2 days early, your welcome.
Sponsored