Sponsored

UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can only speak for my own experience, the hack seems to work for me if it stops I will update but super happy
Glad it worked for you ..seems to be working for a good amount of people
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad it worked for you ..seems to be working for a good amount of people
Update well it worked for a while then today it went off again .
Either im going to make pushing the ass off part of my start up routine or just get the dongle.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone tried holding the button down while starting and keep holding it... I had a company car, a 2018 edge and couldn't modify it. So instead of splicing the switch wires together, I simply took a small wood screw and wedged the button so it would stay on. It would shut off the ASS at start with no errors. When I eventually get my truck I was just going to splice the wires on the switch so its on all the time.

Greasyfingers429

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Range Rover Sport Td6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
make sure you have your system updates on ...I don’t recall seeing this feature before when I first got my Bronco. But the start stop section is on there now.

E8F626DA-EFFF-4387-98CD-3E5F56B732BC.jpeg
I remember seeing that menu when I took delivery in December 2021.
I do wonder if this “feature” has been remotely disabled by an over-the-air update on mine though, since the procedure didn’t work for me.

Greasyfingers429

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Range Rover Sport Td6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone tried holding the button down while starting and keep holding it... I had a company car, a 2018 edge and couldn't modify it. So instead of splicing the switch wires together, I simply took a small wood screw and wedged the button so it would stay on. It would shut off the ASS at start with no errors. When I eventually get my truck I was just going to splice the wires on the switch so its on all the time.
Nope, that doesn’t work. The system only disables itself when the button is released. This must be what the eliminator does electronically every time you start the vehicle.

Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems since I've removed the doors that it never Starts / Stops. Assume one of the many electronic gremlins designed into a vehicle that is designed to remove doors.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone mentioned earlier, I think auto start-stop is not used when towing a trailer, but not absolutely sure as I am still without a Bronco. Has anyone with a 7-pin plugged in a plug tester?
That should simulate having a trailer attached as far as the vehicle is concerned. For a few bucks, it might be worth a try.
Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. tester
something like this.
Sponsored