Sponsored

UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The older I get, the more I need an ASS eliminator.

I've had it on the shelf for three months waiting for a Bronco, which I might get next week. I'll be installing it as soon as I get it home, can't stand that "feature" on any car.
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can only speak for my own experience, the hack seems to work for me if it stops I will update but super happy

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stupid feature imo…. Wait a couple years to see which components are constantly being replaced for this. I deactivated mine with forescan the 3rd day of ownership.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here I am trying to find a way to make sure it always activates when I come to a stop. It doesn't bother me and if it saves on gas why not.
I used this on my F-150. Couldn't see the difference w/wo. This is just more EPA, green garbage. More wear on the battery, starter, etc. if you are an in town driver.

Last edited:

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used this on my F-150. Couldn't see the difference w/wo. This is just more EPA, green garbage. More wear on the battery, started, etc. if you are an in town driver.
You say "green garbage" like auto start stop. I think the next evolution in technology. I've driven multiple EV's for example and despite what your reservations may be about being "green". The driving experience is much better. As much as I love my Bronco every once in a while, I'm envious of the EV's on the road. There are literally zero draw backs to EV's other than 2 charging on a long trip/time and towing. Which let's be honest the majority of the population is driving around town. Other than that technology and performance wise it is far superior to any ICE vehicle on the road.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: So I got up early before work and headed to my local Ford dealer where my buddy is a service advisor and he had a tech look at it real quick. The Stop Start symbol with the line through it is a real thing, but it means that there is an issue with the system, it’s not an actual way to deactivate the Start Stop. So a couple things that are common, in the video and my self I did this with the doors off (my doors are on right now). Start Stop is still deactivated. So if any of you have your doors off it - give it a try. He said it’s probably one of two things..either it’s a ”sequencing issue” meaning they might have not sequenced it during coding for the doors to be off and turning the Start Stop off at the display or it may be a chip issue we’re they used a different chip because of shortage and that particular chip didn’t handle the start stop through the display the same way it does through the manual button. He offered to reset it, but I said nooo.

Not sure if someone posted a how to video on how to permanently deactivate the Bronco Start-Stop function..I searched and didn’t see anything..sorry if already posted.

You are full of it my fine feathered friend . this is pure click bait. DOESNT WORK !!!!!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You say "green garbage" like auto start stop. I think the next evolution in technology. I've driven multiple EV's for example and despite what your reservations may be about being "green". The driving experience is much better. As much as I love my Bronco every once in a while, I'm envious of the EV's on the road. There are literally zero draw backs to EV's other than 2 charging on a long trip/time and towing. Which let's be honest the majority of the population is driving around town. Other than that technology and performance wise it is far superior to any ICE vehicle on the road.
Better...you mean so you can travel 250-300 miles and then stop and wait to charge. The green is a farce...folks are being played. There are many folks that used to be pro green are no longer because of the lies that have and are being told. You want to drive an EV that's fine. Back to my original statement. The start stop on my F-150 made no difference in gas used or mileage.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Better...you mean so you can travel 250-300 miles and then stop and wait to charge. The green is a farce...folks are being played. There are many folks that used to be pro green are no longer because of the lies that have and are being told. You want to drive an EV that's fine. Back to my original statement. The start stop on my F-150 made no difference in gas used or mileage.

We can agree to disagree......In regard to the Bronco since I've had it since December it's a great vehicle, but the short comings are real in regard to MPG. I did a 2900-mile road trip in it and on average it did about 13.5-14. If I was lucky, I was going about 250 miles on a tank. Putting it in ECO mode and auto start stop did help and added about 1 MPG on average on the last leg of my trip. The truck at a minimum should of had a 25 Gallon tank instead of a 20.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know a single person with an EV. Not one. And if I've ever passed one on the road, I certainly never realized it. Serious questions: How long do batteries last, and what do you do with the batteries when they reach the end of their life? What happens when the demand for electricity grows to the point that both the cost per kwh and the pollution created during the production of electricity increase substantially?

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know a single person with an EV. Not one. And if I've ever passed one on the road, I certainly never realized it. Serious questions: How long do batteries last, and what do you do with the batteries when they reach the end of their life? What happens when the demand for electricity grows to the point that both the cost per kwh and the pollution created during the production of electricity increase substantially?
My intent was not to spark a debate but to just reply to his quip. I’ve done a lot of research and driven them. If you have never driven a Tesla or a Mach e both are substantially better than driving an ice vehicle. To put in perspective I got back into my ice car after and I felt I went back in time 30 years. I’ve lived in multiple cities in Texas. Around here I see polestars, Teslas, and Mach e all the time. I understand their short comings with towing and charge time but in reality very few times do you ever charge not at home.

To answer you question when I do end up purchasing an EV just put some solar panels on your roof and your good to go. 99% of someone driving is in town it’s like charging your phone at night. I mentioned that long road trip I made I can maybe think of only two stops that were less than 20 minutes which is almost an 80% charge. Technology is new but it’s getting there in regards to long road trip practicality.

76to22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We can agree to disagree......In regard to the Bronco since I've had it since December it's a great vehicle, but the short comings are real in regard to MPG. I did a 2900-mile road trip in it and on average it did about 13.5-14. If I was lucky, I was going about 250 miles on a tank. Putting it in ECO mode and auto start stop did help and added about 1 MPG on average on the last leg of my trip. The truck at a minimum should of had a 25 Gallon tank instead of a 20.
13.5-14?? You driving 100mph the whole time?

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

13.5-14?? You driving 100mph the whole time?
In Texas the speed limit is either 75 or 80 on the highways so in reality you're doing closer to 85-90. Anything less and you get run over in this state lol.

Even city driving I average about 15 - 15.5 when you do the real calculation not what it shows on the dash.

76to22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In Texas the speed limit is either 75 or 80 on the highways so in reality you're doing closer to 85-90. Anything less and you get run over in this state lol.

Even city driving I average about 15 - 15.5 when you do the real calculation not what it shows on the dash.
Yeah, I'm from the North Dallas area. I live in the OK City metro now and they drive like turtles with two legs. But, my last calc was 18.9, and I usually run about 80.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model