Sponsored

UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The A.S.S. is the root cause of the cam phaser issues on the F150's. The tensioners for the timing chain are oil pump driven and when the engine shuts down at a light the oil drains out. When the light turns green and the engine starts there is a small amount of time where the timing chain is not tight and slapping against the phasers. Some dealerships started turning that off as part of the recall for the Phasers. That recall, as far as I know, was only for the 3.5EB trucks. I have not heard of the issue on the 2.7 or 2.3 but I deactivate all of mine for that reason alone.
I have had it disabled since my 2018 F150 was brand new and still have to get the cam phasers replaced.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My intent was not to spark a debate but to just reply to his quip. Iā€™ve done a lot of research and driven them. If you have never driven a Tesla or a Mach e both are substantially better than driving an ice vehicle. To put in perspective I got back into my ice car after and I felt I went back in time 30 years. Iā€™ve lived in multiple cities in Texas. Around here I see polestars, Teslas, and Mach e all the time. I understand their short comings with towing and charge time but in reality very few times do you ever charge not at home.

To answer you question when I do end up purchasing an EV just put some solar panels on your roof and your good to go. 99% of someone driving is in town itā€™s like charging your phone at night. I mentioned that long road trip I made I can maybe think of only two stops that were less than 20 minutes which is almost an 80% charge. Technology is new but itā€™s getting there in regards to long road trip practicality.
Look at Big Tex over here adding load to the ERCOT grid! How did last winter go for y'all? How will it go with a bunch of EV's charging at home overnight? It will be interesting to see how utilities handle these chargers going forward because the toilet paper hoarders proved that people will look out for themselves rather than the greater good in a looming crisis. That was basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

One step used when generation gets short is to issue an appeal to the public to reduce one's load but for every person who turns the heater down there's a guy who cranks it way up because he's afraid he'll lose power. EV's have their strengths but mass adoption is hard for me to wrap my head around right now.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Auto start eliminator - 15 minute install and you chose when it works or not. I actually donā€™t mind using it during long traffic jams or at railroad crossings.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look at Big Tex over here adding load to the ERCOT grid! How did last winter go for y'all? How will it go with a bunch of EV's charging at home overnight? It will be interesting to see how utilities handle these chargers going forward because the toilet paper hoarders proved that people will look out for themselves rather than the greater good in a looming crisis. That was basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

One step used when generation gets short is to issue an appeal to the public to reduce one's load but for every person who turns the heater down there's a guy who cranks it way up because he's afraid he'll lose power. EV's have their strengths but mass adoption is hard for me to wrap my head around right now.
If you read what I wrote if and when I buy an EV I will be also purchasing solar panels for my home. Which means little strain on the grid.

Not sure what all the hate is around here for what I wrote. I was just responding to someoneā€™s comment on ā€œgreenā€ energy. Iā€™ve owned some of the best epa rated vehicles and worst including a Jeep, Bronco, and mustang.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you read what I wrote if and when I buy an EV I will be also purchasing solar panels for my home. Which means little strain on the grid.

Not sure what all the hate is around here for what I wrote. I was just responding to someoneā€™s comment on ā€œgreenā€ energy. Iā€™ve owned some of the best epa rated vehicles and worst including a Jeep, Bronco, and mustang.
Is it pretty sunny down there at night? šŸ˜

Just giving you a hard time. I'm not sure how this thread got so derailed. I've heard on the Ford trucks that you can trick the computer into disabling the auto start-stop with a resistor on the trailer lights circuit to imitate a trailer being attached. Has anybody with factory tow tried this?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The A.S.S. is the root cause of the cam phaser issues on the F150's. The tensioners for the timing chain are oil pump driven and when the engine shuts down at a light the oil drains out. When the light turns green and the engine starts there is a small amount of time where the timing chain is not tight and slapping against the phasers. Some dealerships started turning that off as part of the recall for the Phasers. That recall, as far as I know, was only for the 3.5EB trucks. I have not heard of the issue on the 2.7 or 2.3 but I deactivate all of mine for that reason alone.
Not even remotely accurate lol cam phasers weā€™re going bad far before auto start stop.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can agree to disagree......In regard to the Bronco since I've had it since December it's a great vehicle, but the short comings are real in regard to MPG. I did a 2900-mile road trip in it and on average it did about 13.5-14. If I was lucky, I was going about 250 miles on a tank. Putting it in ECO mode and auto start stop did help and added about 1 MPG on average on the last leg of my trip. The truck at a minimum should of had a 25 Gallon tank instead of a 20.
When I first took delivery of FE, I put it in eco mode and drove it for 2500 miles in the PNW rolling hills for the most part. The Bronco got 18 mpg. Then I put it in normal mode, and I am getting 19.2 , I canā€™t figure out for the life of me why your getting such bad fuel mileage.
edited to add
first thing I did was bought a OBD connector and installed forescan for free and turned off double horn honk the turned off ASS.
Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. 29DEE5FA-6005-4E1A-8669-834524DA8984
Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. 2D30F4AC-A3A5-42DF-A853-5FA60DD253B2

Last edited:

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know a single person with an EV. Not one. And if I've ever passed one on the road, I certainly never realized it. Serious questions: How long do batteries last, and what do you do with the batteries when they reach the end of their life? What happens when the demand for electricity grows to the point that both the cost per kwh and the pollution created during the production of electricity increase substantially?
A guy at work has a Chevy Bolt, not the Volt but the Bolt, and its a pile of junk, he constantly has it in the shop. He says when he turns on the air condition the miles per charge drop way way down, he loves my FE.

Sponsored

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed, I installed it the day after I got my truck and have never looked back.
can you guys link to which one you bought?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know a single person with an EV. Not one. And if I've ever passed one on the road, I certainly never realized it. Serious questions: How long do batteries last, and what do you do with the batteries when they reach the end of their life? What happens when the demand for electricity grows to the point that both the cost per kwh and the pollution created during the production of electricity increase substantially?
If this was a serious question and really wanted an answer, there are basically unlimited resources on the web from reputable sources to learn from on this subject.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

Funny how this happened in Texas where their unkempt grid is purposefully separated from the rest of the US yet they made more money due to this... Shocking right...
Sponsored