Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So needless to say I'm feeling pretty dejected at the moment. I thought I did everything correctly (in hindsight I know I missed something) and what Ford suggested to get a Bronco. But at the end of the day, not only am I not getting my Bronco, the dealer was straight up rude and told me they wouldn't even sell to me at their markup.

Here's the full story. I had a reservation, later than many of you and I went with Granger. I think it was around May 15, 2021. I knew I'd be far down the list. Granger thought I'd maybe get one around Q2/3 of 20222. That was fine by me. As we all know, Ford then changed allocation formulas and Granger let us know it was going to severely impact them. I wouldn't be getting a Bronco from them until probably 2025. So I did what Ford and Mike Levine told people in my position. I looked for a high volume dealer and I made a build that was less constrained (dropped the MIC top). I went to Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL. First thing I asked, are there any ADMs because I won't pay them. They said no, all custom orders are at MSRP. So built out my order. I asked for a purchase agreement and I was told they didn't really have anything like that they could give me. So I had them print out the order sheet, wrote out I'll pay MSRP plus tax, title and license. I had a sales manager sign in. I asked if I needed to put down a deposit or reservation and they said no. This was October 20th or so and it was when reservations weren't available but I could go into the dealer to order. The guy taking my order was very clueless but I asked a few times about putting money down but he told me I didn't need to. They placed the order, I had the signed order confirmation and thought I was good.

I was in the 2/8 build week and it got pushed due to the MAP closure. It was built with an EDD of 3/11. Well this past weekend on Saturday they called saying it was in. I was pumped. I needed to move money to my checking to write out the down payment check so I said I couldn't come in until monday. I spent the day getting the garage ready for the second car. Today I had my wife drop me off at the dealer. The salesman took me to see it and it was sweet. An Eruption Green Badlands. I was picking it up around 5pm so the sun was making that paint look like everything I'd hoped it was. Took it out for a drive and it was great. I was so pumped. We go in and get started on paperwork. You already know where this is going....

They tell me most cars are getting a 7.5k Market Adjustment. And they're only adding 5k to my Bronco. I immediately said I wouldn't be paying that. I rehashed that it was literally the first thing I asked and that I had the signed price of MSRP. So the salesman walks off and comes back giving me the runaround of how they have to do it in this market. Offers to come down 2.5k. Again I tell him I'm not doing it. I have signed stuff showing I'm paying MSRP. So then someone else comes over and I just keep getting the run around on this market, blah blah blah. You guys know all the spin they try to use. Finally after they see the photos of the signed paperwork he disappeared for awhile. Comes back and tells me it's 5k more. Take it or leave it. Their main reasoning was that I did not place a deposit on it. So nothing was binding. Even though I said multiple times, I asked if I needed to put money down and was told no. Not to mention, it shouldn't be on me to do your job. It's something you should have asked/taken care of. I want to preface with I did not yell, swear, threaten or act like a fool. But at this point I was most definitely raising my voice but it was not screaming by any means. Again they told me take it or leave it. I continued to press "what good is signed documentation from you for my custom order and now you will not honor it?" At that point someone else walked over and told me to leave. So in an effort to bide time so they wouldn't try to sell my car right away, I said "Fine, I'll go home and talk to my finance company to see if I can take out more for the ADM". I was still not intending on paying it, after I walked out the guy that told me to leave said "Don't bother talking to your finance company. We're not selling you this car for any price". I asked "you changed the price on me and I'm visibly upset. I didn't yell at you or anyone else but you kicked me out of your store and now you won't sell to me even if I paid the 5k markup"? He said "Yep, I don't want the bad press or to have to deal with you". And that was it. As I was waiting for my Uber to get me they were putting my Bronco in one of those 'marquee' spots right in front next to the main road. I know they were thrilled about this. They'll probably mark it up 15-20k now.

I tweeted at Mike Levine and @Ford but haven't heard anything yet. Honestly with them throwing me out of their dealership I wouldn't even expect this to somehow be resolved. I'm pretty crushed. I know lots of people that have been waiting longer than I have are fed up but still waiting. I hope you guys all get your vehicles and it's a smooth process. But at this point, I'm so soured on the whole thing. I'm going to chill for a few days but I don't think I want to start at the back of the line again so I might just be looking at another manufacturer. I thought I did everything they (Ford and Mr Levine) suggested to get a Bronco as quickly as possible and without hidden fees but I still got screwed.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Stole" it? Did you call 911? You chose to walk away instead of negotiating nicely....

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, if someone falls into a similar stearlership trap, with documentation for msrp, who would need to be sent letters from a personal lawyer to get their attention at the dealership? just the sales manager, or would it be better to send one to sales manager, gm, and salesperson?

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope they end up changes their ways...

I'm in the exact same situation as OP; had my initial reservation through Granger and placed a second order on January 22nd of this year with Golf Mill. I only went through them as they guaranteed it would be sold at MSRP. I made sure to ask several times to ensure this. When I went there to place the order, before I could even ask, they gave me the following sale agreement to sign saying "This is an agreement that we will sell it to you at MSRP and won't mark it up". We also signed the print out of the build and price of the Bronco with the matching sale price. OP, was this the same sales agreement you signed? If so, I may be in trouble and should probably take action now before I get a build date/VIN assigned
Ford Bronco [UPDATE - I'm SOL] Golf Mill Ford Stole my Bronco 20220301_070758

Reactions: jon

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'm in the exact same situation as OP; had my initial reservation through Granger and placed a second order on January 22nd of this year with Golf Mill. I only went through them as they guaranteed it would be sold at MSRP. I made sure to ask several times to ensure this. When I went there to place the order, before I could even ask, they gave me the following sale agreement to sign saying "This is an agreement that we will sell it to you at MSRP and won't mark it up". We also signed the print out of the build and price of the Bronco with the matching sale price. OP, was this the same sales agreement you signed? If so, I may be in trouble and should probably take action now before I get a build date/VIN assigned
That form has absolutely no information on it that would constitute a sales agreement, there is not even a vague description of what is being sold. For all anybody knows it could have been to buy a desk lamp. If that is all you have I wouldn't count on them abiding by it.

StockFord2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150; 2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would at least consult a lawyer. I'm unsure of the laws in your state, but in some a signed doc is binding, deposit or not. They're counting on you tucking your tail and leaving without a fight. DON'T!! I'm sick and tired of the bullies these days, and it sounds like you just got bullied! I call BULLSHIT!

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That piece of paper has nothing but a price and your signature. No details on what it buys?

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone's talking about complaining to Ford, but Ford has been marking up the price quite a bit themselves over the last few weeks/months.
That’s called inflation.

Sponsored

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear it went this way. Gotta keep your head when dealing with the dealer because push comes to shove, they know they'll sell it to the next guy in line. They probably have a few people on a waitlist for just such an occurrence. If you wanna walk then walk. But if you want it, then you are now in a seller's market and don't have a lot of options.
Bad advice. My dealer was awesome, no games, did everything right. Walk away, wait a year or two or just go place orders at reputable dealerships and when they arrive in a year negotiate your price down playing one against the other. In the meantime, send a FedEx to Farley and tell him to F,,, Off. Last I looked, F stock dropping like a rock.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Such fucking BS, take off a week of work and picket on the street all day. Blast on social media and local news. Fuck the POS, I would have lost my shit.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For example, here is my signed purchase agreement. Signed by both parties with a description of the vehicle.
Ford Bronco [UPDATE - I'm SOL] Golf Mill Ford Stole my Bronco 1A4FBD49-EF76-469D-B090-CB9BB3195203
Ford Bronco [UPDATE - I'm SOL] Golf Mill Ford Stole my Bronco ABDF6D89-9021-4456-B34D-2E82E2276EFF

Slp2002fh

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘85 S10 Blazer, 2004 GTO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear about this. I had a really bad experience years ago at Grossinger Pontiac. It was pretty similar in that I stayed strong with the sales guy, had the offer on paper (took a while to get there), and then when he took everything to the finance office the manager accused me of being rude and told me to leave. They wouldn't give me the document with the deal we worked out which I had signed. I called Pontiac the next morning, got a call from the Dealership GM the next day which went nowhere. I found a great dealership elsewhere that came close to the deal that I previously worked out. It just sucks that it happened to you on a special order that you've been waiting so long to receive. I will not go the large dealships anymore.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

20220301_070758.jpg
This states they can charge for dealer added options... So even if they do MSRP they are going to make up for it with stupid Nitrogen filled tires, rims, winch etc. No way you walk out at that price, especially at this dealer.

Edit: Also this doesn't even state it's a Bronco, or the model! They could bring out a 40 year old Yugo. No way in hell they intend on honoring this.
Sponsored