W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Find an attorney that a car dealer did wrong and RELEASE the HOUNDS!
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry they did that to you! I hope it sits on the lot and no one buys it.

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With all these threads, I am left wondering..do any of you live in states with a consumer protection division of the attorney general's office with any teeth? People can complain about Massachusetts and excessive government all they want, but I seriously doubt this would ever happen in my state, or the first call would be to the AG's office. Then , a lawyer could also help bring a private unfair and deceptive trade practices claim under our state law, where the consumer could theoretically be entitled to TRIPLE damages and attorneys fees (the idea is to provide a strong deterrent to this kind of nonsense).

I kind of assume there aren't any such protections in Texas, Florida, etc (not looking to get into political argument at all, its simply two different visions of state government, which is fine, that's what democracy is about), but i would think Illinois should have something?

Now that I gave this lecture, I am sure I angered the gods and my dealer will probably try this when my badlands arrives in a few weeks. :LOL:
Texas has pretty good consumer protection. I have several times gotten a dealer to drop “dealer add items” because they weren’t disclosed online.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't believe how many of these stories are on this forum, and how many shady dealers are out there.

Before I placed my Bronco order I talked to 6 different dealers. I choose the one I did in part because when I asked what their process was for ordering a Bronco they gave me a detailed list of what I needed to do and what the dealer needed to do. The list included the deposit amount, a signed purchase agreement by both me and the dealer, as well as a few other items to protect me and the dealer from any misunderstanding or miscommunication.

If you are working with a dealer that won't do a few simple things like sign a purchase agreement or have a standard process and amounts for deposits, then you should look for a new dealer. These are not hard things to do, and if they won't it tells you something about how they run their business.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean if you have a document signed by theM that states msrp + TTL you could lawyer up probably. That's pretty clear breach of contract to me.
I don't usually advise a lawyer right out of the box. But, you've got a signed doc, and that should do the job. Myself, I'd pay the 5K for a lawyer just to make them pay their lawyer to defend the case. Screw 'em, give 'em hell. Good luck

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Texas has pretty good consumer protection. I have several times gotten a dealer to drop “dealer add items” because they weren’t disclosed online.
Florida also has good consumer protection, but ignorance is bliss.

iABC

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I reserved with them from the beginning and they were great through the whole process. No markup and delivered as promised. There was some transit damage to the middle roof panel and they ordered me a free replacement with no hassle.
Sorry to ask another question but did they ask for a down payment? And when did you reserve?

titleistforged

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2015 991.1 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeez this all sounds terrible. Hope things work out for you OP. Man.

Sponsored

Mike w

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to ask another question but did they ask for a down payment? And when did you reserve?
i reserved in July with them. No down payment. They took my Audi as a trade and gave me a good price. No hidden fees or markups. Straight shooters.

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a Chicago area res/order/buyer, this is exactly why I went with Granger. I called around to multiple dealers, visited a few and this is the treatment (in general) throughout the Chicago area no matter the manufacturer of the vehicle. We dealt with these Chicagoland a-holes a few years ago when we were buying our Kia, so we went north into Wisconsin for the better experience.

To the OP, good luck to you. They'll sell that Badlands to some idiot with money to burn or some lemming who is just following the fad.
I'm in Chicago, but I decided to go with a Jeep 392 and ordered through Granger as well. Figure it is worth the 350 mile drive to not deal with the Chicago dealerships. When I was doing my research, every one seemed like they were charging $10k ADMs minimum. I felt dirty just walking in those dealers.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the steps that need to be taken so this doesn't keep happening?
Ford could offer xplan and all of this noise would go away. All of it. Everybody would know up front what the Bronco would be selling for. There would be no surprises. Ford is completely empowered to rectify this problem.

However, Ford doesn't want the noise, corruption or dealership gravy train to go away. Ford wants to protect their customer, their profit margins and their abuse.....and it sure isn't any of us.

Here is a 'limited' pencil drawing for you while you wait in line for the opportunity to get screwed. The entire Bronco Team thanks you and hopes there is still some Wild for you out there when your time to get screwed comes up.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in Chicago, but I decided to go with a Jeep 392 and ordered through Granger as well. Figure it is worth the 350 mile drive to not deal with the Chicago dealerships. When I was doing my research, every one seemed like they were charging $10k ADMs minimum. I felt dirty just walking in those dealers.
Yep. I have a quote for an F150 Tremor from Granger as well. I'm waiting it out for now. We'll see how I feel in another 6 months or so. I have time and don't need a vehicle.
Sponsored