Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in Chicago, but I decided to go with a Jeep 392 and ordered through Granger as well. Figure it is worth the 350 mile drive to not deal with the Chicago dealerships. When I was doing my research, every one seemed like they were charging $10k ADMs minimum. I felt dirty just walking in those dealers.
Yep. I have a quote for an F150 Tremor from Granger as well. I'm waiting it out for now. We'll see how I feel in another 6 months or so. I have time and don't need a vehicle.
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford claims that they are telling dealers not to do this. They are doing this!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That fucking sucks man. I left them a bad review for you. Good luck, OP!

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What war are you fighting dude. Dealerships are gonna get their money no matter what. At least get the car you wanted. Dude is now gonna have to lease some piece of shot jeep which is way more than 2500$ lost and he’ll have a piece of shit jeep lease from granger. Gag
You're absolutely right - dealerships are going to get their money, no matter what. Where consumers have the power is how much money the dealerships get - that's the war.

Like chemists say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're absolutely right - dealerships are going to get their money, no matter what. Where consumers have the power is how much money the dealerships get - that's the war.

Like chemists say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
The only power you have is to make sure you get the car you want. There’s only 2 battles at the dealership. Getting the car you want and getting a good deal.
If you get a good deal you don’t have the car you want. Then you regret your purchase.
Like I said if I’m happy with my car 20 yrs from now the deal don’t matter.

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only power you have is to make sure you get the car you want. There’s only 2 battles at the dealership. Getting the car you want and getting a good deal.
If you get a good deal you don’t have the car you want. Then you regret your purchase.
Like I said if I’m happy with my car 20 yrs from now the deal don’t matter.
Well, I got the exact Bronco I wanted with Chapman's deal, soooooooo......

Sounds like someone is trying to convince themselves that enabling dealers to screw consumers is a fair practice.

And I won't get into the time value of money.

To each his own, I suppose.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unpopular opinion. I would’ve taken the 2500$ markup. At least I got the vehicle I wanted so I win that battle.
Yep, probably would have done the same then sue them in small claims court for being coerced out of $2,500.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sorry that happened to you. However, I bought my OB Non-Squatch from Golf Mill (delivered Nov 2021) and it was a great experience. Mario was amazing. Maybe you got a bad sales guy.
You did not pay any sort of markup? Did you look at he window sticker to be sure?

Mike w

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. Only the fee for the VIN etched on the windshield

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I got the exact Bronco I wanted with Chapman's deal, soooooooo......

Sounds like someone is trying to convince themselves that enabling dealers to screw consumers is a fair practice.

And I won't get into the time value of money.

To each his own, I suppose.
If you get a good deal and the car you want that perfect. Msrp is not a deal though
And no the current dealership model is not fair but we have to work with the system that exists.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is exactly why the dealership model needs to die. Ford would make much much more money if they sold directly to the consumers. Makes 0 sense why they'd allow scummy dealers to rake in practically double what the msrp is that doesn't really go into Fords pocket.
If anything, ford should do it out of pure good old american greed.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I would share my Google review with you:

My experience with this dealership is horrible. Imagine ordering a vehicle and being told you would pay MSRP. You even have that in writing. Then when the vehicle arrives, you are told to pay 5k more or they will not sell you the vehicle. So, of course, you say no to that, right? And then the dealer tells you that they will not sell you the vehicle for any price and ask you to leave the dealership. Can you even imagine that? That is exactly what this bait and switch, dishonest, and unethical dealership did to a friend of mine. Disgusting. What would you do? Find a lawyer? Call the local news? Launch a social media campaign?

Waiting endlessly and hearing nothing from Ford on this botched roll out is bad enough. But this dealership crap takes it way over the edge for me. As I’ve said before, I’m a first time Ford buyer and I think the Bronco is super cool…. But I’m starting wonder if I should drop it. And Ford. Forever.

Last edited:

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What do you mean, "lowering the standard for name matching?"
I had them print out my order details last night for one final review and noticed they just have my first initial and last name. I have a very common last name...not common at all first name. Now I am paranoid!
Once the order is entered into the dealer order database (DORA) and shows up in the Ford Vehicle Visibility, only the Last name and first name initial is tracked. You are 100% fine!

IL GATOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco [UPDATE - I'm SOL] Golf Mill Ford Stole my Bronco 1646160415201