First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So needless to say I'm feeling pretty dejected at the moment. I thought I did everything correctly (in hindsight I know I missed something) and what Ford suggested to get a Bronco. But at the end of the day, not only am I not getting my Bronco, the dealer was straight up rude and told me they wouldn't even sell to me at their markup.

Here's the full story. I had a reservation, later than many of you and I went with Granger. I think it was around May 15, 2021. I knew I'd be far down the list. Granger thought I'd maybe get one around Q2/3 of 20222. That was fine by me. As we all know, Ford then changed allocation formulas and Granger let us know it was going to severely impact them. I wouldn't be getting a Bronco from them until probably 2025. So I did what Ford and Mike Levine told people in my position. I looked for a high volume dealer and I made a build that was less constrained (dropped the MIC top). I went to Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL. First thing I asked, are there any ADMs because I won't pay them. They said no, all custom orders are at MSRP. So built out my order. I asked for a purchase agreement and I was told they didn't really have anything like that they could give me. So I had them print out the order sheet, wrote out I'll pay MSRP plus tax, title and license. I had a sales manager sign in. I asked if I needed to put down a deposit or reservation and they said no. This was October 20th or so and it was when reservations weren't available but I could go into the dealer to order. The guy taking my order was very clueless but I asked a few times about putting money down but he told me I didn't need to. They placed the order, I had the signed order confirmation and thought I was good.

I was in the 2/8 build week and it got pushed due to the MAP closure. It was built with an EDD of 3/11. Well this past weekend on Saturday they called saying it was in. I was pumped. I needed to move money to my checking to write out the down payment check so I said I couldn't come in until monday. I spent the day getting the garage ready for the second car. Today I had my wife drop me off at the dealer. The salesman took me to see it and it was sweet. An Eruption Green Badlands. I was picking it up around 5pm so the sun was making that paint look like everything I'd hoped it was. Took it out for a drive and it was great. I was so pumped. We go in and get started on paperwork. You already know where this is going....

They tell me most cars are getting a 7.5k Market Adjustment. And they're only adding 5k to my Bronco. I immediately said I wouldn't be paying that. I rehashed that it was literally the first thing I asked and that I had the signed price of MSRP. So the salesman walks off and comes back giving me the runaround of how they have to do it in this market. Offers to come down 2.5k. Again I tell him I'm not doing it. I have signed stuff showing I'm paying MSRP. So then someone else comes over and I just keep getting the run around on this market, blah blah blah. You guys know all the spin they try to use. Finally after they see the photos of the signed paperwork he disappeared for awhile. Comes back and tells me it's 5k more. Take it or leave it. Their main reasoning was that I did not place a deposit on it. So nothing was binding. Even though I said multiple times, I asked if I needed to put money down and was told no. Not to mention, it shouldn't be on me to do your job. It's something you should have asked/taken care of. I want to preface with I did not yell, swear, threaten or act like a fool. But at this point I was most definitely raising my voice but it was not screaming by any means. Again they told me take it or leave it. I continued to press "what good is signed documentation from you for my custom order and now you will not honor it?" At that point someone else walked over and told me to leave. So in an effort to bide time so they wouldn't try to sell my car right away, I said "Fine, I'll go home and talk to my finance company to see if I can take out more for the ADM". I was still not intending on paying it, after I walked out the guy that told me to leave said "Don't bother talking to your finance company. We're not selling you this car for any price". I asked "you changed the price on me and I'm visibly upset. I didn't yell at you or anyone else but you kicked me out of your store and now you won't sell to me even if I paid the 5k markup"? He said "Yep, I don't want the bad press or to have to deal with you". And that was it. As I was waiting for my Uber to get me they were putting my Bronco in one of those 'marquee' spots right in front next to the main road. I know they were thrilled about this. They'll probably mark it up 15-20k now.

I tweeted at Mike Levine and @Ford but haven't heard anything yet. Honestly with them throwing me out of their dealership I wouldn't even expect this to somehow be resolved. I'm pretty crushed. I know lots of people that have been waiting longer than I have are fed up but still waiting. I hope you guys all get your vehicles and it's a smooth process. But at this point, I'm so soured on the whole thing. I'm going to chill for a few days but I don't think I want to start at the back of the line again so I might just be looking at another manufacturer. I thought I did everything they (Ford and Mr Levine) suggested to get a Bronco as quickly as possible and without hidden fees but I still got screwed.
So needless to say I'm feeling pretty dejected at the moment. I thought I did everything correctly (in hindsight I know I missed something) and what Ford suggested to get a Bronco. But at the end of the day, not only am I not getting my Bronco, the dealer was straight up rude and told me they wouldn't even sell to me at their markup.

Here's the full story. I had a reservation, later than many of you and I went with Granger. I think it was around May 15, 2021. I knew I'd be far down the list. Granger thought I'd maybe get one around Q2/3 of 20222. That was fine by me. As we all know, Ford then changed allocation formulas and Granger let us know it was going to severely impact them. I wouldn't be getting a Bronco from them until probably 2025. So I did what Ford and Mike Levine told people in my position. I looked for a high volume dealer and I made a build that was less constrained (dropped the MIC top). I went to Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL. First thing I asked, are there any ADMs because I won't pay them. They said no, all custom orders are at MSRP. So built out my order. I asked for a purchase agreement and I was told they didn't really have anything like that they could give me. So I had them print out the order sheet, wrote out I'll pay MSRP plus tax, title and license. I had a sales manager sign in. I asked if I needed to put down a deposit or reservation and they said no. This was October 20th or so and it was when reservations weren't available but I could go into the dealer to order. The guy taking my order was very clueless but I asked a few times about putting money down but he told me I didn't need to. They placed the order, I had the signed order confirmation and thought I was good.

I was in the 2/8 build week and it got pushed due to the MAP closure. It was built with an EDD of 3/11. Well this past weekend on Saturday they called saying it was in. I was pumped. I needed to move money to my checking to write out the down payment check so I said I couldn't come in until monday. I spent the day getting the garage ready for the second car. Today I had my wife drop me off at the dealer. The salesman took me to see it and it was sweet. An Eruption Green Badlands. I was picking it up around 5pm so the sun was making that paint look like everything I'd hoped it was. Took it out for a drive and it was great. I was so pumped. We go in and get started on paperwork. You already know where this is going....

They tell me most cars are getting a 7.5k Market Adjustment. And they're only adding 5k to my Bronco. I immediately said I wouldn't be paying that. I rehashed that it was literally the first thing I asked and that I had the signed price of MSRP. So the salesman walks off and comes back giving me the runaround of how they have to do it in this market. Offers to come down 2.5k. Again I tell him I'm not doing it. I have signed stuff showing I'm paying MSRP. So then someone else comes over and I just keep getting the run around on this market, blah blah blah. You guys know all the spin they try to use. Finally after they see the photos of the signed paperwork he disappeared for awhile. Comes back and tells me it's 5k more. Take it or leave it. Their main reasoning was that I did not place a deposit on it. So nothing was binding. Even though I said multiple times, I asked if I needed to put money down and was told no. Not to mention, it shouldn't be on me to do your job. It's something you should have asked/taken care of. I want to preface with I did not yell, swear, threaten or act like a fool. But at this point I was most definitely raising my voice but it was not screaming by any means. Again they told me take it or leave it. I continued to press "what good is signed documentation from you for my custom order and now you will not honor it?" At that point someone else walked over and told me to leave. So in an effort to bide time so they wouldn't try to sell my car right away, I said "Fine, I'll go home and talk to my finance company to see if I can take out more for the ADM". I was still not intending on paying it, after I walked out the guy that told me to leave said "Don't bother talking to your finance company. We're not selling you this car for any price". I asked "you changed the price on me and I'm visibly upset. I didn't yell at you or anyone else but you kicked me out of your store and now you won't sell to me even if I paid the 5k markup"? He said "Yep, I don't want the bad press or to have to deal with you". And that was it. As I was waiting for my Uber to get me they were putting my Bronco in one of those 'marquee' spots right in front next to the main road. I know they were thrilled about this. They'll probably mark it up 15-20k now.

I tweeted at Mike Levine and @Ford but haven't heard anything yet. Honestly with them throwing me out of their dealership I wouldn't even expect this to somehow be resolved. I'm pretty crushed. I know lots of people that have been waiting longer than I have are fed up but still waiting. I hope you guys all get your vehicles and it's a smooth process. But at this point, I'm so soured on the whole thing. I'm going to chill for a few days but I don't think I want to start at the back of the line again so I might just be looking at another manufacturer. I thought I did everything they (Ford and Mr Levine) suggested to get a Bronco as quickly as possible and without hidden fees but I still got screwed.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco [UPDATE - I'm SOL] Golf Mill Ford Stole my Bronco 1646176985758
Yelp appears to be 'monitoring' reviews... guess Golf Mill offered them some of that ADM fee.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco [UPDATE - I'm SOL] Golf Mill Ford Stole my Bronco 1646176985758
Yelp appears to be 'monitoring' reviews... guess Golf Mill offered them some of that ADM fee.
Pretty standard for Yelp when a business starts getting hammered with either False positive or a bunch of negative reviews.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theres a good chance I would have left the dealership in handcuffs if I were put in a similar situation.
I’d turn that Bordeaux out on them! I‘d like to see their attitude with that mother clamped down tight!

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Experiences like this are why Tesla is mopping the floor with the auto industry.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’d turn that Bordeaux out on them! I‘d like to see their attitude with that mother clamped down tight!
He might look and sound tough, but he’s a giant pussy. That dog wouldn’t hurt a fly.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I invite you to join the list of us others that got screwed by our stealerships by visiting and asking to add your story to the growing list. If the below link does not work, search "Bad dealerships Hall of Shame." This is a growing list of early reservation order holders that got screwed by their dealership going back on the previous agreement.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rships-hall-of-shame-surprise-adm-list.31946/

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the order is entered into the dealer order database (DORA) and shows up in the Ford Vehicle Visibility, only the Last name and first name initial is tracked. You are 100% fine!
Hopefully she didn't order from the OPs dealer

Sponsored

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I left them a bad review and shared your story in the Bronco FB groups - and asked them to leave bad reviews too. It’s worked before. Hope it works for you.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crash it on the test second drive.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd put together some documentation. Your signed order with the notations you mention. The order progress page showing it's delivered and then I'd cause them some headaches. I think I'd go to my state attorney general and then call some media outlets to let them know what happened and that you asked the AG to look into it. You might get some traction. You probably don't want to buy from them now anyway, but, if your story is exactly how it went down, then they deserve some headaches.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is, tomorrow morning they get the call, Bronco at MSRP............"sorry about the mix-up"

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 star review left. ⭐
Sponsored