First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On 3/27/2023, I went through Five Star Ford Dallas to place an order.
My build is 4 door Badland with hard top, 2.7L, High package, non-sas.
After the sales put the order in, I received an email that day from Ford that my order was placed. After reading some the posts here, I tried to ask my sales person on how many allocations they have for Bronco and what's my placement, but the sales person gave me some vague words that my order was submitted and still pending, and it needs to be picked up by Ford.
Lately, after seeing some people here are getting their VINs and build dates, I went back to my sales person and asking for a Priority Code, he keeps on saying the order is still pending to be picked by Ford and wouldn't give me a priority code.
So frustrated with this sales person now.....
Is the order bank still open now? I'm thinking about going with a more honest and straight forward sales rather than Five Star Ford Dallas if possible.
Other wise, I'm also thinking about getting a 2023 or 2024 4 runner as 2024 will most likely be the last gen of 4 runner. After renting it for couple of times, it drives much quieter than Bronco on road. I do really like the looks and interior of Bronco though.
Any help or suggestions on what i should do?
Thank you all!!!

Update:
Just went into the store and after 30 minutes of wait, the sales person finally able to pull the DORA for me, i think that's what it was called.
It has the Sales Code, Order Number and Priority Code of 10.
Was also told Towing Package is at constraint now, seems really odd. But i declined to have it taken off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lately, after seeing some people here are getting their VINs and build dates, I went back to my sales person and asking for a Priority Code, he keeps on saying the order is still pending to be picked by Ford and wouldn't give me a priority code.
We've been waiting for 2 and a half years to get the vin's and build dates...

I'm not sure if the order banks are open. Maybe someone can chime in. I think they opened end of march.

No clue really when you order will be picked up. I don't think the dealer knows either which is probably why they are so quiet.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've been waiting for 2 and a half years to get the vin's and build dates...

I'm not sure if the order banks are open. Maybe someone can chime in. I think they opened end of march.
I'm not in a huge rush to get it and understand there are a lot people waiting on their previous order for a year or two, but wanting to make sure i'm dealing with a honest dealer.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The order bank is still open for all trims except Heritage.

Allocations estimates are generally considered confidential information. Dealers are under no obligation to tell you their estimated allocation numbers—some are willing to tell you... most probably will not. If your dealer is good at their job, they wouldn't have let you place an order unless they were under their allocation estimate numbers. Or at the very least they would have warned you that your order may not be built this year.

Your priority code is listed on your WBDO order confirmation sheet, which you should have received from your dealer when your order is placed. Again... if your dealer is actually good at their job, your priority will be lower (aka: you will have a higher priority code) than everyone else who is a carry-over holder from 2022MY. My dealer, for example, prioritizes orders like this:
  • Priority code 10 - 2020 reservations
  • Priority code 11 - 2021 reservations
  • Priority code 12 - 2022 orders
  • Priority code 19 - 2023 orders
I know @FordVideoGuy (internet sales manager at a Kansas dealer) does something similar with his orders. But in reality each dealer can do it differently, it's up to them to manage it. Some people will go complain to their dealer "I WANT A PRIORITY 10!!" because they think they will get their order faster. But it just doesn't work that way at all. What matters is your priority code relative to other orders at your dealer.

I know a sales manager at a dealer in Arizona that just got fed up with the situation (people kept pestering him)... so he just gave everyone priority 10. But guess what? If everyone is priority 10 then everyone is the same priority and nothing has been achieved.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, i saw this post as well. Saw it somewhere else that the order bank was still open after 3/27. Chances are it is closed now.
If you got confirmation from Ford you should be good though....It pulls up in your Ford account?

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The order bank is still open for all trims except Heritage.

Allocations estimates are generally considered confidential information. Dealers are under no obligation to tell you their estimated allocation numbers—some are willing to tell you... most probably will not. If your dealer is good at their job, they wouldn't have let you place an order unless they were under their allocation estimate numbers. Or at the very least they would have warned you that your order may not be built this year.

Your priority code is listed on your WBDO order confirmation sheet, which you should have received from your dealer when your order is placed. Again... if your dealer is actually good at their job, your priority will be lower (aka: you will have a higher priority code) than everyone else who is a carry-over holder from 2022MY. My dealer, for example, prioritizes orders like this:
  • Priority code 10 - 2020 reservations
  • Priority code 11 - 2021 reservations
  • Priority code 12 - 2022 orders
  • Priority code 19 - 2023 orders
I know @FordVideoGuy (internet sales manager at a Kansas dealer) does something similar with his orders. But in reality each dealer can do it differently, it's up to them to manage it. Some people will go complain to their dealer "I WANT A PRIORITY 10!!" because they think they will get their order faster. But it just doesn't work that way at all. What matters is your priority code relative to other orders at your dealer.

I know a sales manager at a dealer in Arizona that just got fed up with the situation (people kept pestering him)... so he just gave everyone priority 10. But guess what? If everyone is priority 10 then everyone is the same priority and nothing has been achieved.
Thank you very much for all the information!
I have never received a WBDO order confirmation sheet, only an email from Ford.
Should I be asking my dealer one? Nothing was ever provided to me.
Really wasn't asking them to assign me a high priority code, just wanted more clear information like everyone else was provided to here on the forum.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you got confirmation from Ford you should be good though....It pulls up in your Ford account?
It doesn't. There was no link to login anywhere on the email.
I tried to create an account on my own using the same email but there was nothing under reservations and orders.

SeanMTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On 3/27/2023, I went through Five Star Ford Dallas to place an order.
My build is 4 door Badland with hard top, 2.7L, High package, non-sas.
After the sales put the order in, I received an email that day from Ford that my order was placed. After reading some the posts here, I tried to ask my sales person on how many allocations they have for Bronco and what's my placement, but the sales person gave me some vague words that my order was submitted and still pending, and it needs to be picked up by Ford.
So frustrated with this sales person now.....
Is the order bank still open now? I'm thinking about going with a more honest and straight forward sales rather than Five Star Ford Dallas if possible.
Other wise, I'm also thinking about getting a 2023 or 2024 4 runner as 2024 will most likely be the last gen of 4 runner. After renting it for couple of times, it drives much quieter than Bronco on road. I do really like the looks and interior of Bronco though.
Any help or suggestions on what i should do?
Thank you all!!!
LB...Not sure I can help, however, I'll tell you my story:

I ordered a 2 door Black Diamond SAS from Sam Pack's 5 star Ford in Lewisville. Similar dealer, and a much lower allocation config of the Bronco.
I put my order in over the phone with a sales person on March 27th, the day the order banks were open. (I also had friends order a 4dr OBX from Grapevine Ford)
A day later I hadn't gotten anything from Ford confirming the order so I texted my salesperson at the dealership. They weren't a ton of help.
A few hours later, I got an email from Ford confirming the order, and about a week ago I got a notice from Ford saying the build was scheduled for the week of June 29th. (My friends got their build schedule for June 19th).

The dealer never really communicated this with me and called me 3-4 times to try and sell me a 2dr they had on the lot. They had no idea what the schedule was...everything came from Ford.

I'd recommend reaching out to Ford directly, and/or keeping after the dealership to get confirmation of the order. When you ordered, you should have had to supply a copy of your drivers license and sign a paper. That's the order sheet which has the codes you reference in your original post.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LB...Not sure I can help, however, I'll tell you my story:

I ordered a 2 door Black Diamond SAS from Sam Pack's 5 star Ford in Lewisville. Similar dealer, and a much lower allocation config of the Bronco.
I put my order in over the phone with a sales person on March 27th, the day the order banks were open. (I also had friends order a 4dr OBX from Grapevine Ford)
A day later I hadn't gotten anything from Ford confirming the order so I texted my salesperson at the dealership. They weren't a ton of help.
A few hours later, I got an email from Ford confirming the order, and about a week ago I got a notice from Ford saying the build was scheduled for the week of June 29th. (My friends got their build schedule for June 19th).

The dealer never really communicated this with me and called me 3-4 times to try and sell me a 2dr they had on the lot. They had no idea what the schedule was...everything came from Ford.

I'd recommend reaching out to Ford directly, and/or keeping after the dealership to get confirmation of the order. When you ordered, you should have had to supply a copy of your drivers license and sign a paper. That's the order sheet which has the codes you reference in your original post.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Sean!
I thought about going with Sam Pack but Five Star is the closest one to me.
I did gave the sales person my drivers license information but he never gave back a signed paperwork or any types of paperwork. At this point, I really wanted to contact the sales manager but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in case he just forgot.
If I were to contact Ford, what can they tell me? I’m afraid Ford just kick me back to the dealer.
Congrats on you and your friend’s build though. That’s really fast!

SeanMTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks Sean!
I thought about going with Sam Pack but Five Star is the closest one to me.
I did gave the sales person my drivers license information but he never gave back a signed paperwork or any types of paperwork. At this point, I really wanted to contact the sales manager but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in case he just forgot.
If I were to contact Ford, what can they tell me? I’m afraid Ford just kick me back to the dealer.
Congrats on you and your friend’s build though. That’s really fast!

LB...5 Star is Sam Pack. They're the same company.

I would call the sales manager at your dealership ASAP.

The good news is that if you have received an email from Ford which means that they have received your order.
You can also check on the status with Ford Chat directly...if you have your order number. They might be able to look up your order based on your name.

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

I didn't expect to get mine until the end of the year at the earliest given it was a 2dr...so I was really surprised to see it at the end of the summer! Hopefully yours goes as well!

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LB...5 Star is Sam Pack. They're the same company.

I would call the sales manager at your dealership ASAP.

The good news is that if you have received an email from Ford which means that they have received your order.
You can also check on the status with Ford Chat directly...if you have your order number. They might be able to look up your order based on your name.

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

I didn't expect to get mine until the end of the year at the earliest given it was a 2dr...so I was really surprised to see it at the end of the summer! Hopefully yours goes as well!
I had no idea they are the same company. Lol. Guess most of the dealers are owned by the same company.
Will definitely be calling their sales manager now.
Went through the email from Ford a million times already, nowhere says a order number or any number so I’m not sure how they can help. They might be able to look up by email if they are willing to help.
You ordered 2d and SAS and that’s two of the most constraint items. It’s crazy how fast your got picked up.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never received a WBDO order confirmation sheet, only an email from Ford.
Should I be asking my dealer one? Nothing was ever provided to me.
Yes, that is one of the first things you should have done. Here are some other tips, it was mostly related to the re-order process but still plenty of relevant info.

Order banks are still open, but at this point, whatever new dealer you choose, will probably have maxed out their estimated MY23 allocations already. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Curious on what color you were wanting?
and I am gonna shoot you a DM as well with some other options...

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, that is one of the first things you should have done. Here are some other tips, it was mostly related to the re-order process but still plenty of relevant info.

Order banks are still open, but at this point, whatever new dealer you choose, will probably have maxed out their estimated MY23 allocations already. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Curious on what color you were wanting?
and I am gonna shoot you a DM as well with some other options...
That's really helpful!
I shouldn't have blindly trusting my sales person. Seems like he keeps on dodging my questions and wouldn't give me a clear answer.
I agree with you on getting a different dealer, just didn't want to loose my place with the current one, if there is still a chance.
The color i am looking for is Carbonized Gray Metallic.
Here is the link to my build: https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro...43L.47B.60B.18H.53Q.4DR.55B.99P.63C.BLD.MGV.]
Sponsored