Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update 5/28/22

She actually made it home! I hopped in after all the paperwork and could not believe I was actually putting her in Drive! And after driving the Baby Bronco Ecosport and my old Fusion, I felt like maybe not a good idea to raise her up with a 2 inch lift! I mean, I’m 5’1” and May have enough trouble getting the doors off without it being taller! Lol! I’ll give myself a year to at least wear the tires out some! Then when I put new wheels and tires, I’ll feel like it’s a whole new vehicle! 😂😂❤
will probably post some sunshine pics tomorrow!

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 129f32b7-1d26-4b5b-82b5-26633e1e8aec-jpe

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford aa1faabb-649c-4f4c-b9c3-d870a573c348-jpe

Did you ever get any explanation regarding the reason why the first shipment of your Bronco was returned to the factory?
No explanation was given, at least to all the ones that came up to me congratulating me for getting it back. They all pretty much said the same thing, they were baffled. I was told they put a tracker on it so they could follow it while it was gone. On the 25th it quit pinging in Michigan. They found the tracker and unhooked it! 😊

Original Post:

This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford IMG_3322.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if that was true, there’s likely a very good reason it was sent back - this short delay is likely better than what could have happened down the road 🤷‍♂️

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this is literally the weirdest thing i have ever heard of when buying a new car. this is not normal- did you sign anything yet in terms of titling it in your name or taking out a loan or lease on it? I hope not. The idea that "Michigan needed it back" is really weird. as a dirt mountain person myself, it makes me wonder what is going on with these vehicles- are they cannibalizing them? are there issues with them? and what are they doing to it such that they can get it back to michigan and then back to you in less than a week?

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that the dealership found something in PDI, like missing chips, called Ford, who said to ship it back and they are going to fast track the fix to get it back to you. The rest of us are just sitting on plant hold waiting for chips.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it has a bad engine and that’s why it got sent back or something was caught that is not in spec that’s why they sent it back or door number 2 your dealer sold it to someone else for more money trust no one when it comes to the bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

door number 2 your dealer sold it to someone else for more money trust no one when it comes to the bronco
I think that’s a bit far-fetched, even with some shady dealerships out there. They wouldn’t have mentioned it’d be back so quick and provided a new vehicle as a loaner if that were the case.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My guess is that the dealership found something in PDI, like missing chips, called Ford, who said to ship it back and they are going to fast track the fix to get it back to you. The rest of us are just sitting on plant hold waiting for chips.
I agree but wouldn't it be easier to ship a module rather than a whole vehicle back?

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealership didn't send it
[/QUOTE
Michigan called and said they wanted it back. Dealership did everything they could to keep it and told them they'd fix the problem if it wasn't something big. Apparently, it must be something big! LOL It went back.. and I truly hope it does get fast tracked back to me!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's what they were trying to do,
I agree but wouldn't it be easier to ship a module rather than a whole vehicle back?
That's what they were trying to do, but Michigan said no apparently.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I don’t think
I think that’s a bit far-fetched, even with some shady dealerships out there. They wouldn’t have mentioned it’d be back so quick and provided a new vehicle as a loaner if that were the case.
Don’t think they sold it I think fords caught something wrong with it and they a replacing or fixing what part is faulty back at michigan

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
this is literally the weirdest thing i have ever heard of when buying a new car. this is not normal- did you sign anything yet in terms of titling it in your name or taking out a loan or lease on it? I hope not. The idea that "Michigan needed it back" is really weird. as a dirt mountain person myself, it makes me wonder what is going on with these vehicles- are they cannibalizing them? are there issues with them? and what are they doing to it such that they can get it back to michigan and then back to you in less than a week?
Every time I think I've heard it all, there is some new weird thing.

The vehicle itself, I've tested on and off-road, and imho is very nice. But for a lot of people, actually getting one is aggravating and a turn off. You'd think at some point this would all get worked out, but that point keeps getting pushed further into the future.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, originally Ford discussed shipping them to dealerships without chips and having the dealership install them. Rumor is that the Ford employee unions balked at this as well as some of the larger dealerships, so it was decided that all chip installs would be done at MAP. For the OP, I would ask the dealership if they found something during the PDI process.
Sponsored