Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update 5/28/22

She actually made it home! I hopped in after all the paperwork and could not believe I was actually putting her in Drive! And after driving the Baby Bronco Ecosport and my old Fusion, I felt like maybe not a good idea to raise her up with a 2 inch lift! I mean, I’m 5’1” and May have enough trouble getting the doors off without it being taller! Lol! I’ll give myself a year to at least wear the tires out some! Then when I put new wheels and tires, I’ll feel like it’s a whole new vehicle! 😂😂❤
will probably post some sunshine pics tomorrow!

129f32b7-1d26-4b5b-82b5-26633e1e8aec-jpeg.jpg

aa1faabb-649c-4f4c-b9c3-d870a573c348-jpeg.jpg

No explanation was given, at least to all the ones that came up to me congratulating me for getting it back. They all pretty much said the same thing, they were baffled. I was told they put a tracker on it so they could follow it while it was gone. On the 25th it quit pinging in Michigan. They found the tracker and unhooked it! 😊

Original Post:

This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

IMG_3322.JPG
Im happy for you Bee . Go start stinging people with your brand new bronco now especially the jeep drivers 😈
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy to hear your babies home Betty. It's good lookin' for sure. Enjoy.

BTW, at 5'2" my dearest is vertically challenged also. So, I know your predicament. I had to buy side steps for my Ranger to help her out. :)

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im happy for you Bee . Go start stinging people with your brand new bronco now especially the jeep drivers 😈
My grandson never let me sit still! He helped put on the Bimini top and that was it! He no longer felt the sun so we drove some of my country roads just for him!

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
😬😬😬 every sasquatch owner looking at that long gravel driveway

65359D02-DDD0-4161-8BFF-7E434DEDB0BF.jpeg
I'm a mile and a half from a paved road. Sounds like bag of popcorn when I hit the pavement. If I didn't have running boards hate to see what my paint would look like...

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update with some pictures! The grandson had me running all day in it! He helped put the Bimini top on and from there he said, ain’t no sun gonna stop us now! It was the perfect day! Sunshine and around 82°! We learned on YouTube how to take the top all the way down! I had to get help from his dad on putting it back on. He said, “you got the new car fit going. Give it a little time and you’ll be doing it alone!”

398D4A26-8D45-40DE-8EBE-3F1981B0ED65.jpeg

C1144857-D1AD-41F6-9A2A-966CF18D087D.jpeg

07177E90-0860-4953-9677-B91F7CC73C21.jpeg

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a mile and a half from a paved road. Sounds like bag of popcorn when I hit the pavement. If I didn't have running boards hate to see what my paint would look like...
This driveway is only 200’ long so the sas people should be okay! Unless of course, they flew up it!

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got her back enjoy!!

Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update 5/28/22

She actually made it home! I hopped in after all the paperwork and could not believe I was actually putting her in Drive! And after driving the Baby Bronco Ecosport and my old Fusion, I felt like maybe not a good idea to raise her up with a 2 inch lift! I mean, I’m 5’1” and May have enough trouble getting the doors off without it being taller! Lol! I’ll give myself a year to at least wear the tires out some! Then when I put new wheels and tires, I’ll feel like it’s a whole new vehicle! 😂😂❤
will probably post some sunshine pics tomorrow!

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 07177E90-0860-4953-9677-B91F7CC73C21

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 07177E90-0860-4953-9677-B91F7CC73C21

No explanation was given, at least to all the ones that came up to me congratulating me for getting it back. They all pretty much said the same thing, they were baffled. I was told they put a tracker on it so they could follow it while it was gone. On the 25th it quit pinging in Michigan. They found the tracker and unhooked it! 😊

Original Post:

This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

What a crazy story, but congratulations! She looks great. At 5'1" it won't be easy to get up in it with a two inch lift not to mention getting the doors off. My wife is 5'5" and she is complaining about it. I put a 2 inch lift and SAS wheels and tires on my OBX as soon as I got it, and it looks great. The body colored fender flares sets it apart with the bigger wheels and tires! If you do the lift make sure they take off the crash bars in the front. I had to take it back because the tires were hitting them on a full turn backing out of the driveway.
Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 1653999791675

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BeeMiller, Congrats on your new Bronco! All the waiting will be forgotten shortly as you enjoy your new ride. You will find yourself standing outside staring at it in awe and then realize you have stuff to do. You will drive it everywhere, even if it is not the most economical vehicle for a given trip. I have had mine for 5 months and still look for any excuse to drive mine. ANY EXCUSE!

Apologies for the rant below. Just tired of all the negativity... delete this post if you feel the need.

How did you get your Bronco? Like ordered in April and got it in May or walked in to a dealer and bought it off the lot? Or did you wait anxiously from the mid-2019 announcement and go through disappointment when the May release was canceled? Did you tune in to the July 13 release and sit for days online trying to get a reservation. Did you then deal with all the delays from the late start to the mod tops and constraints? Did you reserve and expect to be one of the first in your area to get a Bronco only to find out that your January build will be delivered in August? These are questions. I don't know your answers. Not presuming.
This was the whole point of @broncobase1 statement. What does it matter when anyones Bronco was ordered. It has been covered over and over and OVER that Ford screwed the pooch on this whole roll out. There is no need to get your panties in a wad over when someone ordered. IT DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE. There are so many factors that come into play and there is no way anyone could comprehend what Ford was dealing with. From the number of orders at any one particular dealer to all the constraints to build each one as a special order. Shady dealers have not helped either. I was 4th in line at my dealer and got mine first. The 3 ahead of me were day one reservations. I was July 30th of 2020. The number one person gave his up because he did not get his first and he would have gotten a 2022 and Rapid Red was not available.
Ford's communication is horribly inadequate. It's impossible to get information out of Ford. Ford lied to the vast majority of its loyal customers and lost a ton of trust. Ford treated people extremely unfairly -- a day-one reservation holder built in January is getting their Bronco next August while someone who ordered at the end of February has a Bronco in their driveway in less than 2 months. Really?
Yes their communication is horrible. No, they did not lie, they changed the rules in the middle of the game. Why should they care? ( not saying this is OK)
People are still going to buy Broncos like they are the best thing since sliced bread (they are).
Life is not fair. Ford should have treated everyone who reserved equitably. This did not happen either, BUT, what did everyone expect? Ford would stop the assembly line and not make anything because people have not gotten your Bronco built as a day one reservation holder at a dealer that has lots reserved and they ordered a Badlands or Wildtrak with absolutely everything on it that is "available"?
With the poor communication, lost trust, and inequity, what do you expect, sunshine and happiness?
Yes, we expect sunshine and happiness. Most people, even lots and lots of people that have not gotten theirs yet, are tired of all the bitching and complaining. If you do not have something constructive to add, do not add anything.
As @broncobase1 said, go get something else.

OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a crazy story, but congratulations! She looks great. At 5'1" it won't be easy to get up in it with a two inch lift not to mention getting the doors off. My wife is 5'5" and she is complaining about it. I put a 2 inch lift and SAS wheels and tires on my OBX as soon as I got it, and it looks great. The body colored fender flares sets it apart with the bigger wheels and tires! If you do the lift make sure they take off the crash bars in the front. I had to take it back because the tires were hitting them on a full turn backing out of the driveway.
Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 1653999791675
I’m thinking I’m gonna leave it just like it is! That’s what worries me the most, would be trying to take the doors off while standing on a stool or something! Putting the top down and back up is okay using the side steps!

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw someone that had put bigger times on the stock OBX rims and it looked great. Saves money too!

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a July 2020 Reservation holder, and with so many Day 1 and 2 reservations still in the holding pattern, what is the real plan from FORD?
Sponsored