stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is such a joke- ford really is the JV squad. if i could photoshop i would put levine and farley in here and change Bozo's to Ford's!
Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 9A86E7C2-ADB3-4140-9E59-8B97EB2AACDD

Exactly. This release has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. A team of f'n monkeys could have just as good of a job.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now I know why mine is sitting at the plant. They are delivering all broncos twice....

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that the dealership found something in PDI, like missing chips, called Ford, who said to ship it back and they are going to fast track the fix to get it back to you. The rest of us are just sitting on plant hold waiting for chips.
Nah, I bet Ford Accidentally installed the new Raptor engine and they needed to get it back before anyone else found out... ;)

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First the raptor floor mats now the engine!

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We should take bets on how long it takes to return it. My guess is 45 days from the date it left the dealership.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bottom line is that the least they could do is just be transparent and tell you the truth as to what happened.

Unfortunately, Ford does not appear to be able to do that until things are spiraling out of control like an F-14 in a flat spin. It is anyone's guess whether or not they will successfully recover from the departure.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
best guess; Subject to a stop sale, windshield most likely. Ford had to take it so the dealer doesn't accidentally sell it. Just released for shipping accidentally or found to be subject to a stop sale after it left

Sponsored
OP
OP
BeeMiller

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think that whole semi load is going back? There is one on there that looks just like my wife’s Cactus grey BD that we are hoping will be delivered this week.
They all went here in middle TN, and the other three that were dropped off here, didn't have to go back.

Zachsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep commander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like ford is trying to cover their asses on something here. Clearly something was wrong with the vehicle and that's why they needed it back. won't let the dealer fix it, or even give then a hint of what they need it back for. Lines up with all the plant hold delays we're having without an explanation of what's going on.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like ford is trying to cover their asses on something here. Clearly something was wrong with the vehicle and that's why they needed it back. won't let the dealer fix it, or even give then a hint of what they need it back for. Lines up with all the plant hold delays we're having without an explanation of what's going on.
Why does everything Ford does have to have nefarious motives? Ford flagged something wrong with the build and need it back. ✅

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish Ford would of sent my Bronco back to Michigan and fixed all the shit that was wrong with it!
OK brother, you've been here long enough to know you can't say something like this without including the problems you are dealing with. Inquiring minds want to know. :) BTW, I hope you get that Bronco squared away soon.

@BeeMiller, I hope you get your baby back soon. I'm thinking your's may not be the only one called back. But, we'll never know unless someone reports it here. Good luck.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is good news for the OP. Kind of like when the pilot of the aircraft has everyone deplane and switch to another due to a failed checklist. If FoMoCo says they will get it back to you, and the dealership gave you a car to use until they do, that is the very best thing that could happen. I would consider myself lucky. I know of 47 owners of 2.7L EcoBoost Broncos who have had dropped valves and would be happy to have sent them back to MAP for a week to fix the valves so they didn’t fail. I know it isn’t easy when you experience a delay like this, but it is for the best. FoMoCo made a very difficult decision that put your long term satisfaction ahead of a potentially bad situation.
If FoMoCo is truly making a very difficult decision in the best interest of the customers long term satisfaction, then perhaps they should communicate to that customer by explaining exactly what is wrong with the vehicle and that they will correct it before selling it to them. A little communication goes a long way when it comes to customer satisfaction.

And if FoMoCo's culture is to make decisions that places their customers long term satisfaction ahead of a potentially bad situation, then why won't they even acknowledge the fact that they had a bad batch of valves in the 2.7 engine? Why won't they share the vin# range of affected vehicles and offer an extended powertrain warranty or replacement if they know the batch has potentially defective parts installed?

I guess in this case, FoMoCo made the difficult decision to pretend nothing was wrong. 😄
Sponsored

Last edited: