Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thing has all the aerodynamics of a brick....20MPG highway is my guess....at 65 mph-ish. Start cruising at 80 and those turbos will increase fuel demand.
I absolutely intend on driving slow in my Bronco
If I wanted to go fast, I would have a kia stinger by now. I did want that but then Bronco was announced and turned my whole thinking around completely

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It has been confirmed that it is for the badlands overland,
So we can conclude that a Bronco Badlands 4 door with 35 inch tires gets 18.5 MPG
I am very much ok with these numbers

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Am I the only person who is bothered by the fact that we have not seen a good representation of the instrument cluster on a Base, BB, or BD. All of the ones I have seen are from BL, WT, or OBX which all have the "high-level instrument cluster". It's one of those things where I really love how this looks and how it is almost all digital; but when I get my BB is it going to be a shitty tiny screen with a shittier display? Ford gives no information on their site as to what the instrument cluster will be like.
I was under the impression the dash displays were the same ;(

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was under the impression the dash displays were the same ;(
So was I until I saw that OBX, BL, and WT say "high-level instrument panel" on their site... :(

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect, it's 2 door and 4 door respectively. Engine choice does not affect gas tank size whatsoever.
This is where I'm torn between 2 and 4 doors, tank size. I don't worry about MPG as much driving range. I have a 97 F250 Powerstroke that get 15MPG but has 36 gallons of fuel available. I can drive 500 miles comfortably.
16 gal tank and 18MPG means 250 and looking for gas. 20 gal tank is 300 and looking for gas.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
dash looks the same, another B&P discrepancy?> Maybe high level is what the content is as opposed to the actual size/layout.
bd
Ford Bronco Update! MPG estimate from gauge image (for 4 Bronco Badlands Overland) 1605559743061

WIld track
Ford Bronco Update! MPG estimate from gauge image (for 4 Bronco Badlands Overland) 1605559783087

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

EDIT: 11/16/2020 12:01 PST
Confirmed:
4 door badlands Overland
tire size 35” MT BFG KM3

Recently found this picture in a thread; stated that it was from a badlands, saw the 96 miles in a quarter tank.

Edit:
4 door
Tank size 20.8
96 miles per quarter tank
384miles/tank
384/96= 18.5 MPG

just a speculation, don’t quote me but pretty decent mpg for a badlands if I’m correct
Any thoughts?
18.5 with 35's is pretty good still.

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EDIT: 11/16/2020 12:01 PST
Confirmed:
4 door badlands Overland
tire size 35” MT BFG KM3

Recently found this picture in a thread; stated that it was from a badlands, saw the 96 miles in a quarter tank.

Edit:
4 door
Tank size 20.8
96 miles per quarter tank
384miles/tank
384/96= 18.5 MPG

just a speculation, don’t quote me but pretty decent mpg for a badlands if I’m correct
Any thoughts?

Ford Bronco Update! MPG estimate from gauge image (for 4 Bronco Badlands Overland) 1605559783087

Photo Shared by: @ZackDanger
Photo Belongs to: UTAH.BRONCO @Cooppierce
Thanks and Credit to @Cooppierce
For pics and confirmed Info
How is 384/96= 18.5 MPG ?

It should be 384/20.6......i got it, it s a typo. So many agreed.....lol

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is 384/96= 18.5 MPG ?

It should be 384/20.6......i got it, it s a typo. So many agreed.....lol
Typo my bad thank you for correction !

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Computer controls can optimize shifting better than MOST people, but also, the computer cares about more than just gas mileage. Example: 1980 Civic automatic got phenomenal gas mileage (better than most new hybrids), but the brake pads wore out quickly because it automatically shifted into neutral every time you lifted your foot off the accelerator. So they changed that in later models. Lower MPG, but better on the brakes.

So you still can shift for better gas mileage than the computer if that is all you care about, because the computer won't be shifting into neutral every time you lift your foot off the accelerator or every time you are going downhill.?
Exactly ?

Sponsored

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking 2.3 BL too.
If you hear of folks gettin the same mileage won’t you have wished for the extra 100lbFt?
The Stick is what actually brought me here a year ago, but those horsies and torquies!
I am planning on the 2.3 on my Badlands for the very same reason, I want the manual, and the difference between the two engines is relatively minimal when you look at the numbers, especially if Ford comes out with a similar tune for it that they offer on the Ranger

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
dash looks the same, another B&P discrepancy?> Maybe high level is what the content is as opposed to the actual size/layout.
bd

WIld track
Everyone keeps hating on the wildtrak interior but that looks Hella good to me. Even the blue works with the tan ??‍♂

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to throw a wrench in anything but if that’s the badlands overland concept, doesn’t it pretty much get trailered everywhere? So 18.5MPG in constant off trailer to demo parking spot/ photo shoot back on trailer, max speed probably 30 zero cruising/highway miles? Based off of that sounds like I should expect 35+ MPG, just sayin.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't tell if the whole instrument cluster is digital or if the right-side is digital with the left side being either analog or some kind of hybrid version with it only showing MPH/temp? Hopefully it's more akin to the new F-150 with it being all digital and customizable. The screenshots in this thread are concerning if the left side is always mph. I don't know why anyone would want mph to show on the same screen, twice.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell if the whole instrument cluster is digital or if the right-side is digital with the left side being either analog or some kind of hybrid version with it only showing MPH/temp? Hopefully it's more akin to the new F-150 with it being all digital and customizable. The screenshots in this thread are concerning if the left side is always mph. I don't know why anyone would want mph to show on the same screen, twice.
The left side speedometer is analog. There is a digital bar for temp below it. The screen is rectangular on the right.

Am I the only person who is bothered by the fact that we have not seen a good representation of the instrument cluster on a Base, BB, or BD. All of the ones I have seen are from BL, WT, or OBX which all have the "high-level instrument cluster". It's one of those things where I really love how this looks and how it is almost all digital; but when I get my BB is it going to be a shitty tiny screen with a shittier display? Ford gives no information on their site as to what the instrument cluster will be like.
You’re getting everyone worked up! ;)

There is no indication or evidence that the lower trims won’t have the exact same dash. We don’t know yet what “high level” means, but everything we do know points to the physical dash being the same.
Sponsored