First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just spoke with a team lead at Bronco Suppport located in Orlando, Florida. I am in a unique situation and made a case for myself to be put through to someone who could give me the straight truth.

Essentially I was told that if you received the email yesterday it was to prepare you for another email later today or early on Thursday the 9th stating you have not been issued a vin and will be moved to the 2023 model year. While disappointed I appreciated her honesty and clarity. I was offered a $100 Ford Certificate which I declined. I have a terminal illness and for the last 2.5 years have gotten a now 13 year old little boy excited about one of our bucket list items for dad and son to do to make memories. He has all the gifts from Ford displayed in his room and has talked about this non stop. My next website is Jeep or LandRover as somehow someway my little man and I will check this off are bucket list.

Please excuse spelling and grammar dictated with Siri.
Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the post and sorry for the situation. Here's to you and the little man sharing a fun off-roader in the near future 🍻

Did they give any indication on what no email means?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO sorry to hear about your illness. As a father of two, my heart breaks for you and your little sidekick. What are you trying to check off your bucket list? Many people in the wheeling community are willing to give time and effort to help.

Sumo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx sti
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After reading your thread, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope you get your Bronco ASAP. Thank you for your new info on expected emails.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you and your son can realize the Bronco dream and maximize your time together.

Sponsored
OP
OP
oceric

oceric

Raptor
First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the post and sorry for the situation. Here's to you and the little man sharing a fun off-roader in the near future 🍻

Did they give any indication on what no email means?
That you should already have been issued a vin and there is a slight possibility that a few who did receive the email will receive a VIN by today.

Tapatio55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just spoke with a team lead at Bronco Suppport located in Orlando, Florida. I am in a unique situation and made a case for myself to be put through to someone who could give me the straight truth.

Essentially I was told that if you received the email yesterday it was to prepare you for another email later today or early on Thursday the 9th stating you have not been issued a vin and will be moved to the 2023 model year. While disappointed I appreciated her honesty and clarity. I was offered a $100 Ford Certificate which I declined. I have a terminal illness and for the last 2.5 years have gotten a now 13 year old little boy excited about one of our bucket list items for dad and son to do to make memories. He has all the gifts from Ford displayed in his room and has talked about this non stop. My next website is Jeep or LandRover as somehow someway my little man and I will check this off are bucket list.

Please excuse spelling and grammar dictated with Siri.
So sorry to hear. Whatever truck you get will surely be an unforgettable experience for you and your son!

OP
OP
oceric

oceric

Raptor
First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hope you and your son can realize the Bronco dream and maximize your time together.
So sorry to hear. Whatever truck you get will surely be an unforgettable experience for you and your son!
You are absolutely correct it does not matter what vehicle. I was raised with a 2 door bronco so it was a lot me wanting to repeat memories with my son.

OP
OP
oceric

oceric

Raptor
First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
SO sorry to hear about your illness. As a father of two, my heart breaks for you and your little sidekick. What are you trying to check off your bucket list? Many people in the wheeling community are willing to give time and effort to help.
I grew up off roading in So Cal with dad in a multi color 1979 Ford Bronco. After he saw these phots the idea was hatched for us to do this too.
A contact at dealer with LR or Jeep? Lol….. I will buy something more then likely this week. The off road community in So Cal is tight and we both are looking forward to getting involved.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't necessarily trust anything a dealer or support person says, but all indications we have seen lately are that the books close on MY22 orders tomorrow. That's the last train leaving the station. And it might be an empty train.

So I wouldn't consider receipt/non-receipt of the email to be definitive. However, if you reach out to Ford chat on Friday and ask about your status, that I would consider the final word on MY22.

Sponsored
OP
OP
oceric

oceric

Raptor
First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wouldn't necessarily trust anything a dealer or support person says, but all indications we have seen lately are that the books close on MY22 orders tomorrow. That's the last train leaving the station. And it might be an empty train.

So I wouldn't consider receipt/non-receipt of the email to be definitive. However, if you reach out to Ford chat on Friday and ask about your status, that I would consider the final word on MY22.
I could not agree more but she was extremely well informed of the situation and very direct at what to expect moving forward.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I grew up off roading in So Cal with dad in a multi color 1979 Ford Bronco. After he saw these phots the idea was hatched for us to do this too.

A contact at dealer with LR or Jeep? Lol….. I will buy something more then likely this week. The off road community in So Cal is tight and we both are looking forward to getting involved.
I would go with the Jeep as I feel doors/top off would be a memorial part of the experience.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty much nothing I can add that hasn’t already been shared, but we made the call to go for a Wrangler with a Sky One Touch top as well … that Bronco I ordered was no where to be seen and while not my original plan, here we are 4K miles later and this thing has given our family more fun rolling around with the top open, the windows down and sunglasses on. Just taking the long way and trying to slow down a bit and enjoy the trips while everyone calls shotgun as soon as we catch sight of it. I can see how a Bronco feels like it would be best due to the memories, but make new ones NOW, the experience is what really matters. My kids and my wife showed me that this summer in our dopey Jeep and what a great summer cruising around in that thing it had been. Broncos are great (I guess, still never driven one…), but a future Bronco has nothing on a today Jeep that you all can enjoy as a family goofing off finding dumb reasons just to go for drives to nowhere in particular with that open top. Ask me how I know! :)

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My heart goes out to you and your little buddy, but totally agree with other posters here - go get you a jeep and get out there! Make some memories. God bless!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much nothing I can add that hasn’t already been shared, but we made the call to go for a Wrangler with a Sky One Touch top as well … that Bronco I ordered was no where to be seen and while not my original plan, here we are 4K miles later and this thing has given our family more fun rolling around with the top open, the windows down and sunglasses on. Just taking the long way and trying to slow down a bit and enjoy the trips while everyone calls shotgun as soon as we catch sight of it. I can see how a Bronco feels like it would be best due to the memories, but make new ones NOW, the experience is what really matters. My kids and my wife showed me that this summer in our dopey Jeep and what a great summer cruising around in that thing it had been. Broncos are great (I guess, still never driven one…), but a future Bronco has nothing on a today Jeep that you all can enjoy as a family goofing off finding dumb reasons just to go for drives to nowhere in particular with that open top. Ask me how I know! :)
This. Period
Sponsored